Separating Toroid of Benchmark DAC1
I moved the Toroid outside of the chassis of DAC1, I put it on top of Magix. I also changed the 10cm stock DC wiring into 70cm Nordost Valkyrja, both were 22awg. I also removed the 25cm input wires of the Toroid and soldered Valhalla to the stumps. Now I only have little stock stumps left in my system. Everything has been replaced with Valhalla + Valkyrja + Vishnu except for the apartment wiring and PSU of computer.
After I made the first cut I realized what I did was irreversible, I have turned insane from banging my head on my table too many times.
It sounded very dry and open, all the edginess was gone, it was kind of boring. But after a few seconds I heard new worlds of low-level detail everywhere, it was both dry and scary. I needed to keep pausing music to confirm if the sounds came from real life or headphones. New sounds I never heard before are now audible and they are clear and smooth. I'm hearing more hairy transients everywhere.
Everything is too dry, but it still sounds amazing.