Could you explain to me what the phrase, " the highs SHIMMER more with these cans more than those"? Someone was comparing the v moda m100s to some other more audiophilic cans.
Related Forum Threads
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- What are your secret headphones? Last post on 10/17/14 at 8:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Critical IEM listener searching for Full-Size at HOME Last post on 9/14/11 at 4:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- My local Best Buy sells really good headphones - who knew? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Purely SQ: Fullsized vs IEMs Last post on 4/30/12 at 12:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
Describing Sound - A Glossary - Page 16
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #227 of 2341/25/13 at 7:41amQuote:
generally shimmer may refer to the upper treble being more prominent than etc. it may also state good treble extension.
in the case of the M100 it would generally mean that the audiophile cans have more prominent treble than the generally dark M100post #228 of 2345/26/13 at 6:56pmI have to say that this had helped me a ton in figuring out how people described headphones to me when ever I ask questions. Than you fordgtlover for taking the time to put these all together for use noobies and audiophiles alike.post #229 of 2346/2/13 at 9:04ampost #230 of 2349/25/13 at 5:17pmpost #231 of 2349/26/13 at 3:57amQuote:
Welcome to head-fi! Sorry about your wallet.
Hope you have a very musical stay here^^post #232 of 2344/16/14 at 12:12ampost #233 of 2345/11/14 at 3:44pmpost #234 of 2343/17/15 at 5:30am
I am new here in Head-Fi and I have been getting lot of information/help from you guys.
I am not an expert, but I know when I listen to something-I rate my listening capabilities above average.
The best Audio experience I had was many years ago using in-ear earphones ('aiwa' portable cassette player and probably the same brand earphones). The music sounded like they were originated inside the brain - or rather different parts of the brain. As if ears were not doing the job. The experience was very pleasant and comfortable. I think its the presentation (please correct me if I am wrong) of audio that plays the part here.
Can anyone guide me through this?
You guys are awesome! Lucky to be here.
- Describing Sound - A Glossary
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 4 minutes ago
- › Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval Interconnect XLR 1m NEW !! 5 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 7 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Good generic mods for headphones? 10 minutes ago
- › Portable speaker as big as possible 10 minutes ago
- › Does anyone have anything to say against me buy a Shure SE215? 12 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 13 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2