Could you explain to me what the phrase, " the highs SHIMMER more with these cans more than those"? Someone was comparing the v moda m100s to some other more audiophilic cans.
Related Forum Threads
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- What are your secret headphones? Last post on 10/17/14 at 8:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Critical IEM listener searching for Full-Size at HOME Last post on 9/14/11 at 4:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- My local Best Buy sells really good headphones - who knew? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Purely SQ: Fullsized vs IEMs Last post on 4/30/12 at 12:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
Describing Sound - A Glossary - Page 16
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #227 of 2351/25/13 at 7:41amQuote:
generally shimmer may refer to the upper treble being more prominent than etc. it may also state good treble extension.
in the case of the M100 it would generally mean that the audiophile cans have more prominent treble than the generally dark M100post #228 of 2355/26/13 at 6:56pmI have to say that this had helped me a ton in figuring out how people described headphones to me when ever I ask questions. Than you fordgtlover for taking the time to put these all together for use noobies and audiophiles alike.post #229 of 2356/2/13 at 9:04ampost #230 of 2359/25/13 at 5:17pmpost #231 of 2359/26/13 at 3:57amQuote:
Welcome to head-fi! Sorry about your wallet.
Hope you have a very musical stay here^^post #232 of 2354/16/14 at 12:12ampost #233 of 2355/11/14 at 3:44pmpost #234 of 2353/17/15 at 5:30am
I am new here in Head-Fi and I have been getting lot of information/help from you guys.
I am not an expert, but I know when I listen to something-I rate my listening capabilities above average.
The best Audio experience I had was many years ago using in-ear earphones ('aiwa' portable cassette player and probably the same brand earphones). The music sounded like they were originated inside the brain - or rather different parts of the brain. As if ears were not doing the job. The experience was very pleasant and comfortable. I think its the presentation (please correct me if I am wrong) of audio that plays the part here.
Can anyone guide me through this?
You guys are awesome! Lucky to be here.
- Describing Sound - A Glossary
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Aune X1S 32bit DSD DAC worldwide review tour ------reviewers... 15 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Philips E88CC/6922/6DJ8, Gold Pin, One Pair, SQ, NOS 1 minute ago
- › Review: Griffin Woodtones over-the-ear headphones (vs. Shure SRH440) 1 minute ago
- › European Headphone Temporary Trading Club (Wanna try cans for... 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2