Could you explain to me what the phrase, " the highs SHIMMER more with these cans more than those"? Someone was comparing the v moda m100s to some other more audiophilic cans.
Related Forum Threads
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- What are your secret headphones? Last post on 10/17/14 at 8:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Critical IEM listener searching for Full-Size at HOME Last post on 9/14/11 at 4:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- My local Best Buy sells really good headphones - who knew? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Purely SQ: Fullsized vs IEMs Last post on 4/30/12 at 12:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Review: MDR1-A is the Head of Its’ Class Intro There exists a number of different schools of headphones with many different classes. In elementary school we had Apples Earpods as required...
This is one my favourite headphones. They have fantastic build quality, are inexpensive, require little voltage to be driven properly, are small and discreet, and sounds better than some pricier...
Introduction Final Audio Design (FAD in this review), based in Tokyo, Japan, makes some of the most exotic earphones and headphones available in the last few years. The company's...
I've never put in-ears with different drivers in my ears before so I had no idea of what to expect when it came to the T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM. So thanks to CTC Audio who put the...
At the time this review was written, the Ausdom M06 was on sale for $52.99 USD on Amazon. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
Describing Sound - A Glossary - Page 16
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #227 of 2341/25/13 at 7:41amQuote:
generally shimmer may refer to the upper treble being more prominent than etc. it may also state good treble extension.
in the case of the M100 it would generally mean that the audiophile cans have more prominent treble than the generally dark M100post #228 of 2345/26/13 at 6:56pmI have to say that this had helped me a ton in figuring out how people described headphones to me when ever I ask questions. Than you fordgtlover for taking the time to put these all together for use noobies and audiophiles alike.post #229 of 2346/2/13 at 9:04ampost #230 of 2349/25/13 at 5:17pmpost #231 of 2349/26/13 at 3:57amQuote:
Welcome to head-fi! Sorry about your wallet.
Hope you have a very musical stay here^^post #232 of 2344/16/14 at 12:12ampost #233 of 2345/11/14 at 3:44pmpost #234 of 2343/17/15 at 5:30am
I am new here in Head-Fi and I have been getting lot of information/help from you guys.
I am not an expert, but I know when I listen to something-I rate my listening capabilities above average.
The best Audio experience I had was many years ago using in-ear earphones ('aiwa' portable cassette player and probably the same brand earphones). The music sounded like they were originated inside the brain - or rather different parts of the brain. As if ears were not doing the job. The experience was very pleasant and comfortable. I think its the presentation (please correct me if I am wrong) of audio that plays the part here.
Can anyone guide me through this?
You guys are awesome! Lucky to be here.
- Describing Sound - A Glossary
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Amp/DAC combo mostly for desktop listening around $100? 14 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 20 seconds ago
- › Best headphones under $150 21 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 31 seconds ago
- › Centrance Dacport 49 seconds ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › CD-One!! Saviour for CD Enthusiasts!! HI-FI playback and precise... 3 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2