Could you explain to me what the phrase, " the highs SHIMMER more with these cans more than those"? Someone was comparing the v moda m100s to some other more audiophilic cans.
Related Forum Threads
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- What are your secret headphones? Last post on 4/10/12 at 6:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Critical IEM listener searching for Full-Size at HOME Last post on 9/14/11 at 4:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- My local Best Buy sells really good headphones - who knew? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- B2's were extremely disappointing. Looking for help with new iem. Last post on 9/11/11 at 11:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
Describing Sound - A Glossary - Page 16
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 2321/25/13 at 7:41amQuote:
generally shimmer may refer to the upper treble being more prominent than etc. it may also state good treble extension.
in the case of the M100 it would generally mean that the audiophile cans have more prominent treble than the generally dark M100post #228 of 2325/26/13 at 6:56pmI have to say that this had helped me a ton in figuring out how people described headphones to me when ever I ask questions. Than you fordgtlover for taking the time to put these all together for use noobies and audiophiles alike.post #229 of 2326/2/13 at 9:04ampost #230 of 2329/25/13 at 5:17pmpost #231 of 2329/26/13 at 3:57amQuote:
Welcome to head-fi! Sorry about your wallet.
Hope you have a very musical stay here^^
- Describing Sound - A Glossary
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 1 second ago
- › Best closed back headphone for gaming 10 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 34 seconds ago
- › My Brainwavz HM5 broke! What should I upgrade to? 40 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Wondering if the NVX XPT100 would be good for me 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Almost brand new HD800 -Very Late S/N 23464 Suit new buyer *... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob