Could you explain to me what the phrase, " the highs SHIMMER more with these cans more than those"? Someone was comparing the v moda m100s to some other more audiophilic cans.
Related Forum Threads
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- What are your secret headphones? Last post on 4/10/12 at 6:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Critical IEM listener searching for Full-Size at HOME Last post on 9/14/11 at 4:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- My local Best Buy sells really good headphones - who knew? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- B2's were extremely disappointing. Looking for help with new iem. Last post on 9/11/11 at 11:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Bose QC20/QC20i Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse potentially inflicted upon me, unlike those who received free...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Describing Sound - A Glossary - Page 16
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 2331/25/13 at 7:41amQuote:
generally shimmer may refer to the upper treble being more prominent than etc. it may also state good treble extension.
in the case of the M100 it would generally mean that the audiophile cans have more prominent treble than the generally dark M100post #228 of 2335/26/13 at 6:56pmI have to say that this had helped me a ton in figuring out how people described headphones to me when ever I ask questions. Than you fordgtlover for taking the time to put these all together for use noobies and audiophiles alike.post #229 of 2336/2/13 at 9:04ampost #230 of 2339/25/13 at 5:17pmpost #231 of 2339/26/13 at 3:57amQuote:
Welcome to head-fi! Sorry about your wallet.
Hope you have a very musical stay here^^post #232 of 2334/16/14 at 12:12am
- Describing Sound - A Glossary
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Drowning in amps, I need some recommendations from knowledgeable... 45 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 58 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Trafomatic Head 2 3 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 3 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)