Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › GoVibe V6 announced!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GoVibe V6 announced! - Page 2

post #16 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlai View Post
I'm sure GV6 is awesome, but at $55 the GV5 is a steal. Building a CMoy will probably run you $25.

I also wonder if the AD8397 is the reason why the sound is improved over the V5. if so, the V5S is a good bargain since you can probably roll a AD8397 anyway.
Is it absolutely necessary to get the V5s version to roll opamps? Can someone handy with a soldering iron also do their own opamp rolling with the basic V5 version?
post #17 of 208
i'm interested on buying a v5, but dont u guys think that with the v6 being rechargeable i would end up spending the same amount of money????
post #18 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph201 View Post
Even so, that sucks! I talked to him quite often in the last couple of weeks (asking intensive questions) and NO mention\hint of a new version!! Prolly coulda saved me $300!

Gah!
ditto - I never got told about v5s even though i kept on asking about opamp rolling.

Funny how Norm backtracked on the KIS notion because before he was very anti-battery-charging.
V7 with impedence switch, V8 with class A....?

Still, this is a damn sight better deal than the headphonia and with opamp rolling.

Can we send in our V5 and get an upgrade?
post #19 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ah1 View Post
Can we send in our V5 and get an upgrade?
You must be confusing Norm with Xin!
post #20 of 208
LOL, correct! I asked norm about upgrading an amp before (in part due to my ignornace) and was told flatly, NO!
post #21 of 208
I'm beginning to think that inexpensive portable amps are the disposable razorblades of this hobby...
post #22 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph201 View Post
care to share that meaning with the rest of us Yanks!?
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=212254

Though I'm probably off-topic.
post #23 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlai View Post
the V5S is a good bargain since you can probably roll a AD8397 anyway.
That's what I did! I don't think it is recommended to use AD8397 on a browndog, but mine works great in my V5S!
post #24 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexdexter View Post
I'm beginning to think that inexpensive portable amps are the disposable razorblades of this hobby...
what as astute analogy~ but you have to love Norm for his passion for continuing to upgrade his product. A nameless entity must be lurking behind the curtains dying for some thread bashing!
post #25 of 208
Do any of you really like the sound of AD8397?
post #26 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by dw6928 View Post
what as astute analogy~ but you have to love Norm for his passion for continuing to upgrade his product.
I absolutely do , despite the inevitable sucker-punch one takes in the solar plexus having bought the previous latest and greatest introduced just over one month ago!

And, of course, it is both a sharp and necessary business practice, in a niche market such as this one, to continually refresh the product. At its price-point, it is not that much of a stretch to simply sell on and upgrade, the small loss is easily absorbed as value for improved performance and innovation.

But I believe I can ride my GV V5S for a while longer and use it as a tool for discovering the characteristics of different op-amps. That way I will feel better informed for future possibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw6928 View Post
A nameless entity must be lurking behind the curtains dying for some thread bashing!
Undoubtedly he will return soon under yet another alias, and will again be just as rapidly dispatched. There is no hiding in plain sight.
post #27 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexdexter View Post
Undoubtedly he will return soon under yet another alias, and will again be just as rapidly dispatched. There is no hiding in plain sight.
You can bet


A look at his old profile shows the aliases he's been "caught" with:
Andrea
Banned
aka HeavySoul
aka inconnu
aka Albert
aka layman
aka joe_average
aka altglos
aka Mr boobi
aka mikesand

And this in only one month....
post #28 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymesgalore View Post
You can bet


A look at his old profile shows the aliases he's been "caught" with:
Andrea
Banned
aka HeavySoul
aka inconnu
aka Albert
aka layman
aka joe_average
aka altglos
aka Mr boobi
aka mikesand

And this in only one month....
Bahahaha!! That cracks me up!! LOL! I love the names he's picked! "Mr. Boobi" ..Bahahahaha <- Wow! I actually have a SMILE I can use!
post #29 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonVandal View Post
Do any of you really like the sound of AD8397?
IMHO that chip can really change its sonic character depending on what you buffer it with, and the circuit that its used in. I'm thinking about dropping one in my cmoy, unbuffered... just to play around. I tried one amp with it... and it did something funky to the mids. Like they were TOO forward, combined with the Grado sound. Yet in another circuit its sound was different, more laid back and smoother, at least with the RS1.
post #30 of 208
Bugger! <<< YES … click it … it's funny … really.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › GoVibe V6 announced!