or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! - Page 162

post #2416 of 2428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peti View Post
 

Anyone tried this mod yet?

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/391515/jvc-hp-dx1000-mod#post5145123

 

Looks promising...


By the looks of it, it seems very few people have attempted this mod at least in totality. I myself have not although if forced I would like to remove the top cover of the driver itself to reveal more detail from the sound and extend the top end which I find a little rolled off. This is off course a risky adventure as now you have an exposed driver housing prone to damage or in the extreme total destruction.

post #2417 of 2428

I have the driver reversed. Also for a while I used those without the center cover. I never damaged the driver but it got bit scary in the long run so I put it back. This mod does help with highs but the change is not that big. 

post #2418 of 2428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
 

I have the driver reversed. Also for a while I used those without the center cover. I never damaged the driver but it got bit scary in the long run so I put it back. This mod does help with highs but the change is not that big. 


This makes me feel better as I really don't want to touch anything here.


Edited by Cecala - 7/4/15 at 6:58am
post #2419 of 2428

Yep..You better be 100% sure you want to try it. Screwholes on the wood get bigger easily so you might end up with a driver that isn't properly in place anymore. Driver mounted directly on the wood is a a nice idea but not for modders...

post #2420 of 2428

Thanks for the feedback guys!

post #2421 of 2428

Hey,

 

I've noticed that Amazon.co.jp are still selling these as new! Is this legit? I was under the impression they've been out of production for years!

post #2422 of 2428
I bought mine in Tokyo last March, nothing wrong with them.

Amazon Japan offers a competitive price (basically same as Yodobashi Camera once you remove the taxes).

A few posts before l posted a picture of mine...
post #2423 of 2428

To my knowledge these were never discontinued.

post #2424 of 2428

Yodobashi told me when I inquired that they have no more in stock and that they are not expecting more items from the manufacturer either. This makes me to baby my pair even more! :)

post #2425 of 2428
Quote:
Originally Posted by IYAshike View Post

I bought mine in Tokyo last March, nothing wrong with them.

Amazon Japan offers a competitive price (basically same as Yodobashi Camera once you remove the taxes).

A few posts before l posted a picture of mine...


Yeah, some lucky fellows can manage to visit Japan and even get their hair cut over there... ;)

post #2426 of 2428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peti View Post
 


Yeah, some lucky fellows can manage to visit Japan and even get their hair cut over there... ;)

 

Yeah, there are some lucky fellows out there who can afford those great things :-)) Not only do they go to Japan and buy a pair of genuinely Japanese JVCs, but they also get a full Japanese haircut (which caused furor among Japanese girls :-)) That's how good life can get! :beerchug:

post #2427 of 2428
Quote:
Originally Posted by IYAshike View Post
 

 

Yeah, there are some lucky fellows out there who can afford those great things :-)) Not only do they go to Japan and buy a pair of genuinely Japanese JVCs, but they also get a full Japanese haircut (which caused furor among Japanese girls :-)) That's how good life can get! :beerchug:


And congratulations for your 200th post! ;)

 

It looks like we have appropriated this forum :D

 

But I can't help it; my DX700 is by far the best investment I've made in my head-fi journey...

post #2428 of 2428

Wow, l didn't even noticed it... 200 already... 

 

l'm very happy to hear you're enjoying your JVCs :L3000: Coming from the HD-800 to these... what a huge change! :rolleyes:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!