Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! - Page 151

post #2251 of 2292

The cover even has a small clip for your nail, it is clearly a pop of construction. It does not need any tools. It is like it was made to be removed. Very easy when you look at it. And if you don't like it just pust the piece back on. It's like legos :)

post #2252 of 2292

Does anyone know what kind of wood the housing made from? I know that the DX-700 is made from pinewood while the DX-2000 from birch.

 

Thanks

post #2253 of 2292

I believe it's Birch as well.

post #2254 of 2292

Hi gents/ladies,

 

I'm very tempted to order the DX1000 after months of research. I understand the sentiment in this thread about the lack of popularity of JVC's flagship headphones. But in a mad world where Beats headphones are 'the popular' headphones, one should not judge a headphone's quality by its popularity.

 

I for one did not hear about the JVC's flagship headphones until last year when I started researching them.

 

I already have a few headphones namely then HD650, Grado SR325i and SR80.

 

I have never owned a pair of closed headphones but I love the timber sound of the Grados and the airy feel to the music. I also like the Bass they offer. The HD650's were not in the same league despite using an amp to drive them.

 

I also own a pair of JVC FX800 in ear headphones which i use everyday to work. 

 

My question to the forum is having been released now for almost 10 years, are the DX1000 still up there with recent releases from other manufacturers? If so, which ones are a match to them especially in the deep deep Bass department and timber sound feel.

 

I listen to all types of music particularly EDM and my budget is around  £500 to £600 max or $1000.

 

Many thanks.

post #2255 of 2292

I have old HD650's, and Grado 225, have listened extensively to 325's and the DX1000 was a big upgrade from those. Just fyi.

post #2256 of 2292

Is this a foldable head phone?  It looks like based on that ring, it can collapse to the top of the band?  Can someone let me know, as I'm interest in this

 

Also, I have 2 head phone, a 45 ohm Sony MDR-V600, and a 24 ohm, MDR-v900.  I use a portable CD player battery to push the Cd music to the above 2 headphone, I can't really tell a difference in the sound.

 

Now, people did tell me that the lower the impedance, the better it is for the battery to push good CD sound quality.

If I upgrade to the above natural wood DX1000, would a regular portable CD player or Hi MD player be able to push good Cd quality sound on a head phone of 64 ohm ?


Edited by happy hopping - 7/25/14 at 3:53am
post #2257 of 2292

Thanks Dallan.

 

I've finally ordered the  DX1000.

 

Does any know a good dac/amp that goes well with the DX1000? no more than $250.

post #2258 of 2292
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy hopping View Post
 

Is this a foldable head phone?  It looks like based on that ring, it can collapse to the top of the band?  Can someone let me know, as I'm interest in this

 

Also, I have 2 head phone, a 45 ohm Sony MDR-V600, and a 24 ohm, MDR-v900.  I use a portable CD player battery to push the Cd music to the above 2 headphone, I can't really tell a difference in the sound.

 

Now, people did tell me that the lower the impedance, the better it is for the battery to push good CD sound quality.

If I upgrade to the above natural wood DX1000, would a regular portable CD player or Hi MD player be able to push good Cd quality sound on a head phone of 64 ohm ?

No it is not, this is one huge headphone, only for home use.

post #2259 of 2292

This is the moment when a pic tells more than a 1000 words ;)

post #2260 of 2292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecala View Post
 

No it is not, this is one huge headphone, only for home use.

 

can a portable CD  player able to push 64 ohm if I were to  use it at the gym?

post #2261 of 2292

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy hopping View Post
 

 

can a portable CD  player able to push 64 ohm if I were to  use it at the gym?

post #2262 of 2292

So, happy hoping, if you intend to use ur DX1000 in the gym please make sure to get prepared for people laughing around you/at you big time. Joke aside, this is a pair of headphones designed and intended to be used ONLY inside! Even the cable is 3.5 meters long. Longer than the HD800 stock cable.

post #2263 of 2292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peti View Post

So, happy hoping, if you intend to use ur DX1000 in the gym please make sure to get prepared for people laughing around you/at you big time. Joke aside, this is a pair of headphones designed and intended to be used ONLY inside! Even the cable is 3.5 meters long. Longer than the HD800 stock cable.

Is it too early for a little pre-review ?
post #2264 of 2292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peti View Post
 

So, happy hoping, if you intend to use ur DX1000 in the gym please make sure to get prepared for people laughing around you/at you big time. Joke aside, this is a pair of headphones designed and intended to be used ONLY inside! Even the cable is 3.5 meters long. Longer than the HD800 stock cable.

You're not wrong - wearing these cans looks like two half coconut shells stuck to each side of head - I lol'd at myself first time wearing these cans checking them with mirror.

 

As for anyone else looking to use these wooden earcup wonders in the gym - maybe you could use the already mentioned 3.5m cable as a skipping rope perhaps - lol - but seriously - don't do it or even consider the possibility - it has massive fail written all over it ;)

post #2265 of 2292
My wife took a picture of me in these when I got them and blackmailed me with it. wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!