Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! - Page 147

post #2191 of 2245

Believe it or not, I haven't even taken it completely out of the box yet. Next week I will give a try.
 

post #2192 of 2245

hey first post! 

 

I have been searching around the web for cans, I’m hoping to get just one really good pair and be set for life.

 

I am concerned about isolation for the JVCs for me isolation is a must when choosing headphones, because if everything is quite outside (as opposed to party next door) I would rather listen to speakers.  I read that the edition 8 is better at isolating but it is way out of my league.

 

Are the JVCs for me or should I look elsewhere?

post #2193 of 2245
It is closed, maybe Ed8 isolates a bit better. I have always liked the 1000 . I have three closed pairs(see profile) plus iems and iem isolates best by far but is not as comfortable or does it sound as good to me.
post #2194 of 2245
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilo View Post

hey first post! 

 

I have been searching around the web for cans, I’m hoping to get just one really good pair and be set for life.

 

I am concerned about isolation for the JVCs for me isolation is a must when choosing headphones, because if everything is quite outside (as opposed to party next door) I would rather listen to speakers.  I read that the edition 8 is better at isolating but it is way out of my league.

 

Are the JVCs for me or should I look elsewhere?

Hi Nilo and welcome.

now you found on the head-fi market one or two jvc used.

for the isolation, no problem at all!!! i tried the jvc near to my wife and the home-theater system.

can not hear anything from the interior to exterior and vice versa

post #2195 of 2245

Listening to this record on my new spare pair.

 

 

Created with GIMP

 

 

 

Skull vibrating jazz bass lines!

post #2196 of 2245

Has anyone been able to compare the HP-DX1000 with the HA-SZ2000? I'm really enjoying the HA-SZ2000s, and the descriptions of the HP-DX1000 have certainly piqued my interest. I realize there is a substantial difference in price.

post #2197 of 2245

Wow, this thread is still going!!!

I still have my JVC's and there not going anywhere.
 


Edited by Cecala - 8/30/13 at 3:01am
post #2198 of 2245

Hello,

I have been doing a head-fi search for the last few hours, wow these certainly are underappreciated. I am considering rebuying these (had them a few years ago) because they are so easy to drive. I am hoping they are an upgrade from the philips x1 that i have at this time. Has anyone compared these 2 headphones?

Are these still for sale in europe? I think i bought htem for 500 euro in germany but the shop wher ei bought them does not sell them anymore....

Greetings, Anouk,

post #2199 of 2245

They will be a step or two up from the X1, they are so different in their presentation that it is hard to compare..

The mids reminds a bit about eachother, but it is in a total different wrapping..

post #2200 of 2245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anouk View Post
 

Hello,

I have been doing a head-fi search for the last few hours, wow these certainly are underappreciated. I am considering rebuying these (had them a few years ago) because they are so easy to drive. I am hoping they are an upgrade from the philips x1 that i have at this time. Has anyone compared these 2 headphones?

Are these still for sale in europe? I think i bought htem for 500 euro in germany but the shop wher ei bought them does not sell them anymore....

Greetings, Anouk,

I believe they have stopped selling the European version and only the Japanese version (more expensive) is available.

post #2201 of 2245

Hello again,

Finally reread this whole thread.

Is the dx700 any easier to obtain? Anyone heard both models (i know this has been asked before but apparently the dx700 is even less popular on head-fi then hte dx1k).

Greetings, Anouk,

post #2202 of 2245

I am currently using a K702 and the SiCPhones amp from Kickstarter and a Fostex HP-A3 for a DAC. I love the combo, but in true head-fi style I am not completely satisfied so I have a WA7 on the way. I am looking for a new set of headphones to pair with it. I am considering getting the DX1000, and judging by the high praise I am seeing I probably wouldn't go wrong buying a pair. However, I have done a fair bit of searching and can't find answers the remaining questions in my head.

 

Has anyone heard these with the Woo Audio WA7? Is it a good match?

 

How do these compare to the TH600?

 

Cheers!

post #2203 of 2245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anouk View Post
 

Hello again,

Finally reread this whole thread.

Is the dx700 any easier to obtain? Anyone heard both models (i know this has been asked before but apparently the dx700 is even less popular on head-fi then hte dx1k).

Greetings, Anouk,


I've heard pretty everything and its contrary about the dx700. Some say it's exactly the same as the dx1000, some say it's just different.

post #2204 of 2245

Just Bought used JVC DX1000 for 600$ from headfi guy, plugged into my Yulong D100 mkii Dac and headphone amp,

it has got wider soundstage then 650 but the highs are too much too me, may be the DAC is revealing  the highs. Can

you guys recommend  any warm tube or solid state amp. 

post #2205 of 2245

I have never heard 650 but from what I gather it's very warm sounding headphone with mellow highs. I did have hd600 and dx1000 at a same time and I don't think that dx1000 has any more pronounced highs than hd600. At least thats how I remember it. Compared to most headphones highs on dx1000 are quite smooth imo. Main reason I was not entirely content with dx1000 was that I wanted more upper end emphasis.  I am using xiang sheng dac-01 which I suppose is not the warmest amp around. I think it would be a safe bet to give dx1000 more time and get accustomed to the sound instead of rushing into buying an amp.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!