Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! - Page 140

post #2086 of 2255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus-DK View Post

Somebody wrote aomething about controlling the bass of these creatures, I also have tried lots of different amps with the DX and the solution for me was to go balanced, It tightenseverything up and gives the bas a greater firmness..

Why would you want to control the bass? It's awesome and has such a lifelike impact and feel.
post #2087 of 2255

I am not talking about removing bass, I talk about Control..

The bass in DX can sound a bit soft in the edges, control makes those edges sharp and amkes the bass more chrispy..

post #2088 of 2255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus-DK View Post

Somebody wrote aomething about controlling the bass of these creatures, I also have tried lots of different amps with the DX and the solution for me was to go balanced, It tightenseverything up and gives the bas a greater firmness..

me too

post #2089 of 2255

I've been using my Zana Deux amp with these for years and it gives them a very tight and controlled bass, much more so than other amp.

post #2090 of 2255
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post

I've been using my Zana Deux amp with these for years and it gives them a very tight and controlled bass, much more so than other amp.

difference between zanadeux and violectric(with the dx-1000 of course)?

post #2091 of 2255
Quote:
Originally Posted by alota View Post

difference between zanadeux and violectric(with the dx-1000 of course)?

Violectric is fuller and brassier, drives with authority.  Zana Deux is more detailed with more soundstage and controlled bass, more dynamic but in ways a thinner sound.  Trade offs, depend on mood.

post #2092 of 2255
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post

Violectric is fuller and brassier, drives with authority.  Zana Deux is more detailed with more soundstage and controlled bass, more dynamic but in ways a thinner sound.  Trade offs, depend on mood.

Thank you. the zana deux seems like my beta.surprising

post #2093 of 2255
These cans are so awesome. I love the soundstage a lifelike timbre, especially drums. Kinda sad though cos theyve made my D5000's redundant and in comparison sound lower quality and the treble sounds a bit artificial.
post #2094 of 2255

........


Edited by Claus-DK - 2/16/13 at 10:29am
post #2095 of 2255

May ask here as well. Has any of you DX 1000 lovers ever found a headphone that gives a wider and deeper soundstage that is closed? It has to be closed and don´t leak much sound. It´s a huge plus if it isolate as well but it really can´t leak like an LCD-2 monster or something.

 

I have the CD 3000 which is quite different but also do this quite well but if I would trade in my LCD-2s for something I could actually use. I am more in the DX 1000/LCD-2 camp then CD 3000/k701/HD800.

 

post #2096 of 2255

I have found a new or at least another love, STAX sr007, but it is very very open

post #2097 of 2255
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqvist View Post
 I am more in the DX 1000/LCD-2 camp then CD 3000/k701/HD800.

 

I am in the DX1000/HD800/W3000anv camp. wink_face.gif

 

Never liked the K701 at all(ear piercers) and the LCD's sound sort of disjointed to me.


Edited by dallan - 2/23/13 at 4:08pm
post #2098 of 2255

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post

I am in the DX1000/HD800/W3000anv camp. wink_face.gif

 

Never liked the K701 at all(ear piercers) and the LCD's sound sort of disjointed to me.

HD800 AND DX 1000 that is quite different beasts :)

 

How is the W3000anv? Resemble W1000x in anyway or?

post #2099 of 2255
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqvist View Post

 

HD800 AND DX 1000 that is quite different beasts :)

 

How is the W3000anv? Resemble W1000x in anyway or?

The W3000anv is more detailed and refined with less boomy bass, a little less soundstage but more layered with better instrument separation than the DX1000.  I still love the DX1000 but the W3000anv gets way more time these days.  I have never heard the W1000x and could report comparisons but you can read those elsewhere in that it is not from my own listening.

post #2100 of 2255
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post

The W3000anv is more detailed and refined with less boomy bass, a little less soundstage but more layered with better instrument separation than the DX1000.  I still love the DX1000 but the W3000anv gets way more time these days.  I have never heard the W1000x and could report comparisons but you can read those elsewhere in that it is not from my own listening.

 

Same here. I call the W3000ANV the HD800 of the closed headphones due to its big soundstage.

I used to own the DX1000 and D7000 but after the W3000ANV arrived they did not get much head time so I sold them both.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!