Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! - Page 11

post #151 of 2245
Some more impressions please.

I have been ogling these but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Markl's comments have made me even more intrigued by the DX1000s. I am looking for something with the clarity of the HD650 and the soundstage of modded K340s.
post #152 of 2245
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnylexus View Post
Anybody got a set they want to SELL???

I almost sent you a message, but I decided to give them a listen after not using them for a while. That was 4 hours ago, still have them on. Guess I have a renewed respect for them - they aren't going anywhere soon.

FWIW, I just sold my Stax Omega II's - and kept the DX1000 - much more fun to listen to, warts and all.

With some EQ down (a fair bit) between 500hz -1000hz in selected spots, as well a little bit in the 200hz range, these are the most life-like listen for large symphony and organ music. Actually, they are not bad with everything else either.

OK, looks like I'll re-apply to Team DX1000 if you'll have me back!(never left really, but got wooed for 2 months by Omega II's)
post #153 of 2245
Thread Starter 
The DX1000's love tube amps. Mine sound awesome with the Darkvoice 337 that I use them with.
post #154 of 2245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post
The DX1000's love tube amps. Mine sound awesome with the Darkvoice 337 that I use them with.
Agree. The Cary Audio SLI-80 integrated also has a very good headphone amp which is a beautiful match with the DX1000.
post #155 of 2245
Quote:
Originally Posted by billinkansas View Post
OK, looks like I'll re-apply to Team DX1000 if you'll have me back!.....
O.K. we'll let you go this time, BUT BE WARNED!!!!!
post #156 of 2245
Quote:
Originally Posted by billinkansas View Post
I almost sent you a message, but I decided to give them a listen after not using them for a while. That was 4 hours ago, still have them on. Guess I have a renewed respect for them - they aren't going anywhere soon.

FWIW, I just sold my Stax Omega II's - and kept the DX1000 - much more fun to listen to, warts and all.

With some EQ down (a fair bit) between 500hz -1000hz in selected spots, as well a little bit in the 200hz range, these are the most life-like listen for large symphony and organ music. Actually, they are not bad with everything else either.

OK, looks like I'll re-apply to Team DX1000 if you'll have me back!(never left really, but got wooed for 2 months by Omega II's)
Bill, did you try the Omega's amp with the Lambdas?
post #157 of 2245
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidplatypus View Post
Bill, did you try the Omega's amp with the Lambdas?
Sure did. The 007t sounded really great with the Lambda, and also with the old SR-5.

I use a SRD-6 with a Fisher tube amp - even better than the Stax 007t, to my ears.
post #158 of 2245
i am a D5000 owner and i found the bass is too much for me
but meanwhile i am interested in DX1000 and the price quoted by pricejapan is reasonable..

so, for what you guys described the bass is DEEP,
i'd like to know how DEEP is not? does it mean Loose bass or tight bass ?
and does the bass sound real? (my main concern)
post #159 of 2245
Thread Starter 
The DX1000 has the best controlled deep bass of any headphone I have ever heard.
post #160 of 2245
http://www.h-kingdom.org/bbs/c-board...no=215;id=#215


i found a lot of DX1000 reviews here.... in japanese only
post #161 of 2245
I caved in and ordered from AudioCubes today ....
post #162 of 2245
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnylexus View Post
I caved in and ordered from AudioCubes today ....
Your going to love them!

Having came from a set of 701s, and then a set of sa5000s, i feel re-united with the bottom end of the sound spectrum! It doesn't JUST have bass, but its a tight punchy bass.
post #163 of 2245
The top end is nice and lively - to my ears.
post #164 of 2245
Is there anyone here own DX1000 and D2000/D5000?
Does the leather pad or even the headband similar each other?

Because I'm looking for wooded headphone.
W1000/5000 has the best comfort aspect that I ever tried.
While people keep saying D2K is comfort, but I found my ears abit warm/hot after using it half hour. So does DX1000 has the similar pad/headband/body design like D2K/D5K?
post #165 of 2245
I am sitting here looking at both. The DX1000 has thicker padding on the headband. I find both to be quite comfortable really, maybe the D2000 more so because it is lighter. I find that both get a little warm, perhaps the DX1000 less so.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!