Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › New Arcade Fire available in vinyl (pre-order)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Arcade Fire available in vinyl (pre-order)

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
http://www.mergerecords.com/catalog....ry_band_id=98&

Thank god for vinyl making a comeback. LP is double 180-gram audiophile quality with three sides of music and an etching on the fourth side. The LP also includes a coupon for a free MP3 download of Neon Bible.

WHOO for audiophile quality (whatever that means!)
post #2 of 25
I'm really looking forward to this release, but I'm worried that it's going to blow.
post #3 of 25
Thread Starter 
did you hear the leaked songs and the single "Black Mirror" and the concert that they did at one of the band member's high school? If not, send me a PM, i'll give you a couple of songs.

btw, all the songs that have leaked already is as good/better then Funeral if you can believe it
post #4 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinp6301 View Post
http://www.mergerecords.com/catalog....ry_band_id=98&

Thank god for vinyl making a comeback. LP is double 180-gram audiophile quality with three sides of music and an etching on the fourth side. The LP also includes a coupon for a free MP3 download of Neon Bible.

WHOO for audiophile quality (whatever that means!)
Thanks for the heads up. My order is has been placed.

By the way, audiophile quality vinyl is (or at least it is supposed to be) made from a heavier weight, usually 150 grams or more, and higher quality, meaning purer, vinyl which results in less surface noise and a quieter background for the music. In addition, $17.00 is an outstanding price for a new double 180 gram vinyl release.

WHOO, WHOO for reasonably priced audiophile quality vinyl!!!
post #5 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphp@optonline View Post
Thanks for the heads up. My order is has been placed.

By the way, audiophile quality vinyl is (or at least it is supposed to be) made from a heavier weight, usually 150 grams or more, and higher quality, meaning purer, vinyl which results in less surface noise and a quieter background for the music. In addition, $17.00 is an outstanding price for a new double 180 gram vinyl release.

WHOO, WHOO for reasonably priced audiophile quality vinyl!!!
ohhh, I see. I am a newbie to vinyl but I still like the feeling and sound of vinyl (sometimes) to cds and mp3s. 3 sides and 1 etching for 17 bucks is awesome and you get a free poster and free mp3 downloads (i think)
post #6 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinp6301 View Post
ohhh, I see. I am a newbie to vinyl but I still like the feeling and sound of vinyl (sometimes) to cds and mp3s. 3 sides and 1 etching for 17 bucks is awesome and you get a free poster and free mp3 downloads (i think)
That's the way I read it too. LP, poster and mp3 downloads (with shipping included) all for $17.

Best.
Deal.
Ever.

(only kidding but still a damn good one.)
post #7 of 25
I've only heard the song Intervention off the new album and I like it more than anything off Funeral or the EP. Really powerful stuff
post #8 of 25
Thread Starter 
The song My Body is a Cage is crazy. A song about crazy paranoia with HUGE organs and drums!
post #9 of 25
Thread Starter 
the whole thing has leaked and it is amazing

the new version of No Cars Go is just so great
post #10 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinp6301 View Post
did you hear the leaked songs and the single "Black Mirror" and the concert that they did at one of the band member's high school? If not, send me a PM, i'll give you a couple of songs.

btw, all the songs that have leaked already is as good/better then Funeral if you can believe it
i heard black mirror on a local radio station and it was excellent. if thats an indication of the rest of the album we have something to look forward to
post #11 of 25
What's the release date for the cd album?
Funeral it's in my 20 best albums EVER, it's one of the most beautiful, powerful and stylish album I ever heard.
post #12 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmondDavidH View Post
What's the release date for the cd album?
Funeral it's in my 20 best albums EVER, it's one of the most beautiful, powerful and stylish album I ever heard.
release date March 6, 2007

If you pre-order it, you should get it within a couple of days of the release date. Grados really kick ass with arcade fire songs!
post #13 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep View Post
i heard black mirror on a local radio station and it was excellent. if thats an indication of the rest of the album we have something to look forward to
the amazing thing is that its not even the best song on the album!
post #14 of 25
Wow, I can't wait for this. Funeral is one of my most played albums right now and I absolutely love it to death.
post #15 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphp@optonline View Post
That's the way I read it too. LP, poster and mp3 downloads (with shipping included) all for $17.

Best.
Deal.
Ever.


this great deal just lost a bit of its luster.

"LP orders will experience a 6-8 week delay in shipment. Orders will be shipped as quickly as we possibly can. Email us with any questions."

a shame, because i bought this album from them to support the artist directly.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › New Arcade Fire available in vinyl (pre-order)