Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Question about the FS/FT thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Question about the FS/FT thread

post #1 of 39
Thread Starter 
Why is it that people usually delete the sale prices when the transaction is done? This makes it very difficult to research for how much things are worth. Is there a good reason for this?
post #2 of 39
You know, I've been wondering the same thing myself.
post #3 of 39
i hate it as well.

reason: seller advantage.
post #4 of 39
It's part of a conspiracy against buyers.
post #5 of 39
post #6 of 39
It's a new conspiracy this time, so no it hasn't been covered yet.
post #7 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
It's a new conspiracy this time, so no it hasn't been covered yet.


This has been covered many times. People delete the sale price only for the sake of keeping the transactions private. You and I both know that THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY as such an idea is absurd. You will forget that this incident ever occurred and will return to your everyday activities. You left off at giving Azure all of your headphones.
post #8 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post


This has been covered many times. People delete the sale price only for the sake of keeping the transactions private.

I don't understand. What is there to keep private?
post #9 of 39
^_^ LOL.
post #10 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcoheda View Post
I don't understand. What is there to keep private?
The price. People like to keep the transaction private for the sake of both the seller and the buyer. How much an item was sold for is nobody's business except for the buyer's and seller's. Yes, I understand how annoying this is to gauge market value (I, too, find it annoying when I see all these deleted prices when trying to gauge market value), but it is proper etiquette and I realize that.
post #11 of 39
I still dont get it. The seller has a price in the thread for PUBLIC eyes. the seller MAY then sell it for LESS, but that would take place in private messages, not in the public eye! no one knows what it really sold for, they just know the last "public" price shown. How the hell does this hurt the seller's advantage? If i saw the PUBLIC pricing right before someone bought it. Then the seller changes the price to "SOLD", and i post the last known public price, am i really hurting anyone..?
post #12 of 39
Why do you care?
post #13 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
People like to keep the transaction private for the sake of both the seller and the buyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchaforce View Post
I still dont get it. The seller has a price in the thread for PUBLIC eyes. the seller MAY then sell it for LESS, but that would take place in private messages, not in the public eye! no one knows what it really sold for, they just know the last "public" price shown.
gotchaforce got a real good point there.

The transaction is most times still private, and is done through PMs. The last price which stood in the thread before SOLD was put there, could be seen by everybody, so there's really no point in putting the SOLD there, the real price is never revealed, and it doesn't make the transaction any more private than if the price remains. Most times you don't even know who bought it.

So i don't think the privace argument applys here
post #14 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7 View Post
Why do you care?
Why do you care, if he cares?
post #15 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchaforce View Post
If i saw the PUBLIC pricing right before someone bought it. Then the seller changes the price to "SOLD", and i post the last known public price, am i really hurting anyone..?
Ya, you're hurting the buyer if he wants to re-sell on Head-Fi. If prices weren't removed, a prospective buyer could look up how much the seller paid for his headphones and then bid the seller down below his original purchase price. And don't say it wouldn't happen, because it would not be hard to look up at all. This would probably also cause fewer headphones to be sold through Head-Fi (since the buyer could re-sell elsewhere for more $$$).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Question about the FS/FT thread