Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Xbox 360 vs PS3 vs Wii
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Xbox 360 vs PS3 vs Wii - Page 3

post #31 of 149
360, because after trying the wii it just seemed like a big gimmick to me that i would eventually regret later when i couldnt use a regular controller. And the PS3 has no games, while the 360 does. Live just completes the package.
post #32 of 149
I have a 360 and a ps3, the 360 obviously has more games for the moment but the ps3 is a very nice blu-ray player.
post #33 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach123456 View Post
360, because after trying the wii it just seemed like a big gimmick to me that i would eventually regret later when i couldnt use a regular controller.
What games did you play?
post #34 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach123456 View Post
360, because after trying the wii it just seemed like a big gimmick to me that i would eventually regret later when i couldnt use a regular controller.


You mean like the Classic controller that was available at launch?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1158316638285
post #35 of 149
(To save reading it all: Got a Wii, didn't like it, bought a 360, loved it.)

I asked for a Nintendo Wii for Christmas, got it with;

Zelda Twilight Princess
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
HD Component Cable

To be honest, Zelda was my experience playing any Zelda, and I wasn't all that impressed with it. Controls were okay, my arm started to become sore whilst playing which played a small factor to why I chose to sell the Wii.
Super Monkey Ball is good for around 15 minutes, then it becomes boring and quite annoying. Controls are sub-par, usually having to try multiple times to complete a pretty straight-forward level. The component cable, to me, only made a very slight difference in picture quality (42" HD Plasma), and wasn't worth the £27 I spent on it.
To be fair I did have some fun times playing Wii Sports with my friends and close family, and I will end up buying another Wii in a couple of months time for Metroid Prime and Mario.

Selling the Wii, I went out the next day and bought an Xbox 360, and to be blunt, I am absolutely loving this console. It delivers what I wanted that I just wasn't getting from the Wii; Graphics, online gameplay, and games. I bought it with;

Viva Pinata
Gears of War
Call of Duty 3

To me, every one of those games are absolutely fantastic, especially Viva Pinata. It's a cross between Pokémon and Harvest Moon. Fantastic. Xbox 360 delivers excellent graphics, great online community (I've had many people I've played with in the past inviting me into games of GoW, very friendly strangers), and lastly great games.

I will, however, most likely end up with all three consoles, but for just now, the Xbox 360 defiently does it for me.

Possédé
post #36 of 149
I don't know, but games like Metal Gear Solid, Gears of War, Halo are much more interesting than mario party, but thats just me
post #37 of 149
xbox 360. I will get a wii when brawl comes out.
post #38 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1GTR View Post
I think you'll make a seriously questionable physician one day.
lol, I'm actually thinking more about dentistry than being physician, because my dad is a dentist
post #39 of 149
Ps3, only cause I like rpgs and third-person action games. I'd actually prefer to have all three; the 360 has some really cool titles and the wii would be great for rumbing with the nieces. That said, I probably won't get a new system for a LONG time, don't really play games much, so my modded ps2 will do just fine for now.
post #40 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oistrakh View Post
I don't know, but games like Metal Gear Solid, Gears of War, Halo are much more interesting than mario party, but thats just me
<sarcasm>
Yes, because the only title the Wii could POSSIBLY have involves Mario
</sarcasm>
post #41 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oistrakh View Post
why did so many people pick wii? I thought a lot of people here are over 20 and everyone over age 13?
This is one of the more ignorant comments I've heard all week.

Why does my age dictate the things I like? Why can't I be 28 years old and play a game on an innovative system which I find fun? Even if it is a bunch of cartoon characters running around swinging tennis rackets, I don't have to be "under 13" to enjoy the game.

I had a light argument with a friend today regarding the Wii and the 360/PS3. I told him I wanted to get a Wii because it offered the most interesting gameplay. He told me that he just wanted graphics and gore, and yes he used those two words exactly. He said someone told him the Wii was "f***ing gay" and that he thought the "wand was a stupid idea." He is 17.

Sounds like Oistrakh, who is into games like Gears of War and Metal Gear Solid, fits the bill.

What I hear about the Wii being directed towards kids is precisely what a general teenager would say. It seems that teenagers want these days are better graphics and it looks like they're getting what they want with the 360 and the PS3. But from poll results from a forum like this where most of the users are adults, it looks like the Wii did exactly what it intended to do - provide fun, innovation, and intuitive gameplay directed not only at kids but at adults, hardcore gamers, casual gamers, girls, boys...everyone.

I think Nintendo hit the nail on the head with this one, I really do.
post #42 of 149
Quote:
I had a light argument with a friend today regarding the Wii and the 360/PS3. I told him I wanted to get a Wii because it offered the most interesting gameplay. He told me that he just wanted graphics and gore, and yes he used those two words exactly. He said someone told him the Wii was "f***ing gay" and that he thought the "wand was a stupid idea." He is 17.

Sounds like Oistrakh, who is into games like Gears of War and Metal Gear Solid, fits the bill.
yeah.. your own post comes off somewhat ignorant as well. Just cause you're friend's an idiot doesn't mean everyone who likes games such as gears of war/metal gear solid (or want a ps3/xbox360) are graphic-wh**re sociopaths who just want to kill things.
post #43 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirosia View Post
yeah.. your own post comes off somewhat ignorant as well. Just cause you're friend's an idiot doesn't mean everyone who likes games such as gears of war/metal gear solid (or want a ps3/xbox360) are graphic-wh**re sociopaths who just want to kill things.
I was also taking into account the other comments made by the said user.
post #44 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrvile View Post
I was also taking into account the other comments made by the said user.
still, people like Ostritch and them don't represent all of us
post #45 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirosia View Post
still, people like Ostritch and them don't represent all of us
I didn't say he did. I never said that "everyone who like [those games] are gore-loving teenagers."
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Xbox 360 vs PS3 vs Wii