or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! - Page 56

post #826 of 2230
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

I don't know if anyone has one yet? It's nice the K612's MSRP is $100 less than the K601. I think I bought a brand new K601 for about $140 on amazon at some point. Maybe the K612 will dip down that low and even lower?

I am also thinking of going for the K612, lowest I have seen is at $199.99... Reading some post here said that these compliments the DT880 and some prefer these over the DT880! But if I just pull the trigger blindly without reading some opinion on the new K612, I am just worried that my money will just get dumped into the sea frown.gif as I am saving for something big as well xD
post #827 of 2230
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

I don't know if anyone has one yet? It's nice the K612's MSRP is $100 less than the K601. I think I bought a brand new K601 for about $140 on amazon at some point. Maybe the K612 will dip down that low and even lower?

I am also thinking of going for the K612, lowest I have seen is at $199.99... Reading some post here said that these compliments the DT880 and some prefer these over the DT880! But if I just pull the trigger blindly without reading some opinion on the new K612, I am just worried that my money will just get dumped into the sea frown.gif as I am saving for something big as well xD

 

 

Unfortunately resale for these is pretty low. Looks like they have sold for about $150 on ebay. If they're anything like the K601, I didn't find them to be dramatically different than the K701. Given enough power, they do sound very nice though. 

 

Anyone know if they have the same pads as before?

post #828 of 2230
How's the timbre of the K601/612?
post #829 of 2230
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

How's the timbre of the K601/612?

 

They have have a warmish, 'musical' presentation (rather than dry & analytical) with excellent forward mids.

 

They are pretty similar to the Sennheiser HD600/580; the main differences to my ears are: generally less refined, bass goes a little deeper but is less forward (especially mid-bass), soundstage is wider but less natural.

 

Edit to say: this is for the K601, but nothing I've read leads me to think the K612 sound different ...


Edited by sinnottj - 10/4/13 at 4:41am
post #830 of 2230

The capsules are suppoosedly different and the pads look different too so they may be totally new but tuned in a similar fashion

post #831 of 2230
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post
 

The capsules are suppoosedly different and the pads look different too so they may be totally new but tuned in a similar fashion

 

 

I've not compared them so have no proof either way but ...  the pads seem the same but just a different colour from what I can see. The capsules, who knows ... personally, I'd be very surprised if the 612 tuned out to be anything more than a 601 with a different colour scheme ;)

post #832 of 2230

This was discussed a while ago. The K 601 and K612 use the same drivers according to AKG's service manuals.

post #833 of 2230
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post

This was discussed a while ago. The K 601 and K612 use the same drivers according to AKG's service manuals.

To my knowledge, same driver does not mean same sound smily_headphones1.gif
post #834 of 2230

In any case, the capsules are the same it seems.

post #835 of 2230

I saw someone post on this thread or the k712 thread that the k612 has a different capsule than the k601 according to a person from akg

post #836 of 2230

Originally Posted by DMax99 View Post

This is what akg has told me on Facebook about the differences between the new k612 and the older k601 :

"The new K612 PRO has new capsules that have a wider frequency response and thus, the headphones sounds more open. ",

 

^^This is from this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/671676/my-new-akg-k612-pro-audiophile-headphone-appreciation/15#post_9676896

post #837 of 2230

Yeah, the guy was talking bull, but it's his job to sell a product so no wonder. You can dig out the K 601 and K612 service manuals and see.

post #838 of 2230

Anyway, I will be listening to these in a few weeks.

post #839 of 2230
I have the K612 at the moment. I'll post impressions in a day or so. Want to spend more time with them first.

Btw (tdock) they are easier to drive than the K702.

More soon.
post #840 of 2230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post

I have the K612 at the moment. I'll post impressions in a day or so. Want to spend more time with them first.

Btw (tdock) they are easier to drive than the K702.

More soon.

 

 

OMG someone finally has both the K702 and K612.

Looking very much forward to this comparison. :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!!