Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! - Page 55

post #811 of 1754
If the new k612 is exactly the same as the k601 apart from the colours, that's good! Because the old k601 is like 100 bucks more than the new k612!
post #812 of 1754

Has anyone grabbed a K612 from razordog audio via a best offer on ebay? I'm tempted to grab one, wondering how low he goes. 

post #813 of 1754

sorry to ask this again, I havent been in this thread for atleast 15 pages. I just had a guy on FB say that the K612pro are made in Austria? Does anyone know, for certain, where they are made?

 

cheers

Serg

post #814 of 1754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husq2100 View Post

sorry to ask this again, I havent been in this thread for atleast 15 pages. I just had a guy on FB say that the K612pro are made in Austria? Does anyone know, for certain, where they are made?

cheers
Serg

I thought the new AKGs are made in China?!
post #815 of 1754

Per Razor Dog Audio:

 

MADE IN AUSTRIA

 

See on eBay

 

Cheers

post #816 of 1754

thanks, I knew the K712pro are definitely made in Austria, just wasnt sure about the K612pro, especially considering its pricing. 

post #817 of 1754

Are there any more impressions of the k612s? Especially comparing against the k601?

post #818 of 1754

By the way there is an error on the product documentation of the k612. Here is what I mean... it says:

Connector gold plated stereo jack plug 3.5 mm (1/4”) 

So which is it? 3.5mm or 1/4" :D

post #819 of 1754
I'm interested in the K612 Pro, will be used for music (primarily rock) and gaming. I plan on hooking them up to my Audioengine D1.

Are these cans for me?

Edit: Will I need an Amp?

 


Edited by kingofzero - 9/26/13 at 9:20am
post #820 of 1754
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post
 

Are there any more impressions of the k612s? Especially comparing against the k601?

 

Indeed! We need more review on AKG K612 especially compared to K601! The AKG K712 Pro got so much love right now... 

post #821 of 1754
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofzero View Post

I'm interested in the K612 Pro, will be used for music (primarily rock) and gaming. I plan on hooking them up to my Audioengine D1.

Are these cans for me?

Edit: Will I need an Amp?

 

 

You need a MONSTER amp for the K601/K612.

 

It's even harder to drive than the Q701/K702.

 

Something like the E9 or O2 is the bare minimum IMO.

 

Only headphone i've had that was worse is the K400.

 

BTW K612 MIGHT be closer to the stock K601 since it uses basically the same pads.

 

It does not use memory foam pads.

post #822 of 1754
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post
 

Are there any more impressions of the k612s? Especially comparing against the k601?

 

Indeed! We need more review on AKG K612 especially compared to K601! The AKG K712 Pro got so much love right now... 

 

I don't know if anyone has one yet? It's nice the K612's MSRP is $100 less than the K601. I think I bought a brand new K601 for about $140 on amazon at some point. Maybe the K612 will dip down that low and even lower?

post #823 of 1754
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post

You need a MONSTER amp for the K601/K612.

It's even harder to drive than the Q701/K702.

Something like the E9 or O2 is the bare minimum IMO.

Only headphone i've had that was worse is the K400.

BTW K612 MIGHT be closer to the stock K601 since it uses basically the same pads.

It does not use memory foam pads.

Will FiiO E12 do?
post #824 of 1754

K601 was always my favorite headphone. This was around when the Q701 didn't exist though.

I must have went back and forth way too many times with the 601 and 701. My excuse was that the K701 was "technically" better (but I always kept the K601). Whatever the heck that means.

 

K601 is also one of the best gaming headphones there is but too bad nobody has tried it!

 

I actually swapped my K601 for a K400 and don't regret it at all. K601 is not dramatically different enough from the Q701 to use it too much. K400 is..

 

Only person i've seen that owned the K612 was Katun. I believe he said it was about 20x better than his PX-100 II and HD-800.

 

I think he sold it due to comfort issues.

 

 

post #825 of 1754
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post


Will FiiO E12 do?

 

Not sure, but most likely.

If you don't have the E12 yet a desktop amp would be a better idea.

 

O2 should be OK

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!!