Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › No Bose??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

No Bose?? - Page 2

post #16 of 91
Thread Starter 
...
post #17 of 91
he means leave while you can because of your poor wallet.

to be honest, looks like you're going to end up spending less on headphones not buying bose
post #18 of 91
A good closed headphone is the Beyerdynamic DT-770. With an inexpensive amplifier, it will knock the socks off anything Bose sell IMHO.

There are more options of course

By the way, IEM's stand for In Ear Monitors... There are many brands, such as Shure, Ultimate Ears, Etymotic, etc... These are earphones that sit inside your ear canal, and block out external noise like an earplug, but sound beautiful!

Welcome to Head-Fi... "Sorry about your wallet"
post #19 of 91
Thread Starter 
Hey thanx though for your reply. I am looking for a new headphone. I have a budget between 200 and 300 euros so that should be not to pour in mine opinion..? I have a MV 700 at the moment and really would like to get rid of it. Maybe you have a real option for me..
post #20 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrastique View Post
Nobody talks about Bose headphones here. Are they so bad??
And nobody uses the search function, I guess. Seriously, dude, just search for "Bose" in the thread titles of the Headphones forum, and you'll have enough opinions and commentary to keep you busy for hours.

Unless the search function is down, in which case: "Never mind."
post #21 of 91
Welcome to head-fi, not sorry about your wallet cause you are not getting a bose ;-).

If our forum could finally deliver a serious dent to bose marketing, that would be very excellent. And you gotta admit, from day to day we are seeing more and more fresh people asking for headphone recommendations. When I just joined, things were much much quieter...
post #22 of 91
Thread Starter 
thank you.. I use it mostly on the streets and use it with an ipod. I am tired of my mv700 sony cause it's a sucky one and breaks to fast haha. But anyways. It's difficult finding one that suits my needs.
post #23 of 91
Thread Starter 
hey yes indeed i just found you're search-system. But I like this more because you are not only bose-minded and so am I. And it's my first real day here and I seem to like it. I am just looking for a new one. A very good one and closed preferably.
post #24 of 91
Wow 300 euros?? Thats about $390 USD, you can get a really nice entry into head-fi with that!

If at all possible, you should look into open headphones. They have MUCH better sound quality per dollar spent and even the super expensive closed headphones (AT W5000, probably Sony R10 as well) are bested by open ones.

Now, if you really can only get closed I would look into a Sony MDR-CD3000 although they are discontinued and pretty hard to find, although I am pretty sure I saw one in the f/s section not to long ago...
post #25 of 91
Thread Starter 
Hey 003, thnx for your reply (wow i think I've said that for a thousand times today) I really want to have it closed though because I use it on the streets most of the time. I have a mv 700 from sony and it is really sucky and breaks very easily. I like the look of the cd3000 only the double band over the head I find disturbing..But maybe I ask to much haha
post #26 of 91
Thread Starter 
I checked it in Holland. The price here is 561 euros without tax...That is way over my budget though.
post #27 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrastique View Post
I checked it in Holland. The price here is 561 euros without tax...That is way over my budget though.
561 euros? Where are you trying to buy from? Check the PM I sent you
post #28 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by 003 View Post
Wow 300 euros?? Thats about $390 USD, you can get a really nice entry into head-fi with that!

If at all possible, you should look into open headphones. They have MUCH better sound quality per dollar spent and even the super expensive closed headphones (AT W5000, probably Sony R10 as well) are bested by open ones.

Now, if you really can only get closed I would look into a Sony MDR-CD3000 although they are discontinued and pretty hard to find, although I am pretty sure I saw one in the f/s section not to long ago...
not trying to argue, and i use to agree, but i have yet to hear a HP best the W5000s for my listining. but I guess technicaly they are semi closed.
post #29 of 91
The W5000 seems to cater to a very specific group of people, and it is beside the point because it is way over his budget.
post #30 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by 003 View Post
The W5000 seems to cater to a very specific group of people, and it is beside the point because it is way over his budget.
I know i was just commenting on your closed phone assesment.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › No Bose??