Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › My band just released an EP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My band just released an EP

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 


My band, Favors and Friends, just released an EP called "sleEP." We're avid headphone listeners, so we made sure it is a good headphone album. You can check us out at www.favorsandfriends.com (there's a music vid and some easter eggs on the site) or www.myspace.com/favorsandfriends (you can preview four of the tracks). For those of you in the west L.A. area, we're playing Saturday night at Synergy Cafe in Culver City - details are on the site.

Thanks,
Bryan

EDIT - The album is now available on iTunes
post #2 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan T View Post


My band, Favors and Friends, just released an EP called "sleEP." We're avid headphone listeners, so we made sure it is a good headphone album. You can check us out at www.favorsandfriends.com (there's a music vid and some easter eggs on the site) or www.myspace.com/favorsandfriends (you can preview four of the tracks). For those of you in the west L.A. area, we're playing Saturday night at Synergy Cafe in Culver City - details are on the site.

Thanks,
Bryan
nice work! i like the chorus on your songs, and suggest you expand them and punch them up; they're good.

otherwise you got a polished sound. congrats.
post #3 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshifter View Post
nice work! i like the chorus on your songs, and suggest you expand them and punch them up; they're good.

otherwise you got a polished sound. congrats.
Thanks for taking the time to listen and critique. We worked hard on this album, so it is rewarding when people dig it.

Bryan
post #4 of 19
Thread Starter 
Did anyone else get a chance to check it out? Opinions?

Thanks,
Bryan
post #5 of 19
Good job the tracks sound really nice. I might pick up a copy just to support a fellow head-fier. Keep up the good work.
post #6 of 19
Bryan, any chance you can send me a copy? I don't have a credit card, but have a verified Paypal account. This is really interesting stuff!
post #7 of 19
I especially like the bit about the world's tallest man and the plastic bottles in dolphins, lol. How recent was that recording? I remember seeing something about that like a week ago...

I heard the one song and it definitely sounds nice. Did you guys compress the song for streaming purposes, or was that the actual quality of the released album?
post #8 of 19
Duck Hunt! HA!!!
post #9 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlsound View Post
Duck Hunt! HA!!!
You found it! There are a few other easter eggs on the site that might be a bit tougher to find.

Bryan
post #10 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by khbaur330162 View Post
I especially like the bit about the world's tallest man and the plastic bottles in dolphins, lol. How recent was that recording? I remember seeing something about that like a week ago...

I heard the one song and it definitely sounds nice. Did you guys compress the song for streaming purposes, or was that the actual quality of the released album?
Was the song that you heard along with the video? If so, that is compressed, as are the clips on the myspace page. The CD sounds pretty good, at least in my opinion.

The dinner conversation was recorded a few weeks ago. There is an easter egg on that page.

Bryan
post #11 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlendaleViper View Post
Bryan, any chance you can send me a copy? I don't have a credit card, but have a verified Paypal account. This is really interesting stuff!
Sure, I'll send you an e-mail. Scratch that . . . I sent you a PM.

Bryan
post #12 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLum View Post
Good job the tracks sound really nice. I might pick up a copy just to support a fellow head-fier. Keep up the good work.
Thanks for checking it out. I'm glad you dig it.

Bryan
post #13 of 19
Thread Starter 
Weekend bump. For those of you in L.A., come see us tomorrow night. The price is right - $FREE. Details at http://www.favorsandfriends.com.

Thanks,
Bryan
post #14 of 19
Thread Starter 
Here's a bump because http://www.fabulist.org is giving away a copy of the disc. Name the polar bear and you could win a copy.

Bryan
post #15 of 19
Bryan, congratulations - this album is really something special. I took the time to write up a short review if anyone is interested.

You have a fan in Toronto!

-Ryan

[EDIT] Dude, you are a GEEK! Bless you - Thank God I played enough Contra and Gradius to remember the Konami Kode!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › My band just released an EP