or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Pink noise works wonders for burning-in!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pink noise works wonders for burning-in! - Page 24

post #346 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post

Here's a download link to the Pink Noise - Niagra w/ 1.5 minute silence track I made. It's 195 MB and 19:22 long. It has volume changes also, so keep it at moderate listening levels before playing the track. 

 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c7zp4qkeqdjaan0/Pink_Noise.wav


Thanks for that. I'm using your file right now to burn in a new set of headphones. wink_face.gif

 

In case someone is curious, this site does an OK job of explaining what pink noise is. It also offers some links to pink noise files and noise generators.

A pretty nice browser based noise generator can be found here. Don't forget to set the preset to 'pink noise' when burning in your 'phones.smily_headphones1.gif

post #347 of 366

I found a free iOS app that makes things even easier. It's called 'Burn-In' and is specifically designed for burning in headphones with white or pink noise. It allows you to create a profile for each of your headphones and set a desired total burn-in time for each profile. With each burn-in session it counts down from this desired total time.

The app does offer an in-app purchase which allows you to play music from your device instead of using pink or white noise, but personally I wouldn't bother with this.

 

The app can be found here.
 

I hope it's of some use to someone here. smile_phones.gif

post #348 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhase View Post

I found a free iOS app that makes things even easier. It's called 'Burn-In' and is specifically designed for burning in headphones with white or pink noise. It allows you to create a profile for each of your headphones and set a desired total burn-in time for each profile. With each burn-in session it counts down from this desired total time.
The app does offer an in-app purchase which allows you to play music from your device instead of using pink or white noise, but personally I wouldn't bother with this.

The app can be found here.

 
I hope it's of some use to someone here. smile_phones.gif
That's really neat! Someone had a good idea.
post #349 of 366

It's a classic App, when it was just released users had the chance to have it for free. 

 

Edit: 

I realized there's a different one

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/id352109690?mt=8&affId=1736887


Edited by formula1 - 7/8/13 at 4:00pm
post #350 of 366

My own personal favorite one to use is one from the iTunes App Store, called Audio Sizzler - Audio Burn-In, by CubitCreations Limited

post #351 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovkiller View Post

here is an mp3:

http://www.luxevivant.com/browseprod...igital%5D.HTML

Thanks for the submission.I will use this when I get my new headphones.

Do I have to use amp for this?What are the levels of volume for burning in process?

post #352 of 366

An external headphone amp is not required. The headphone out on your mp3-player / PC / phone should do fine.

As for as volume levels go: With both speakers and headphones I always do burn-ins at normal listening levels and a bit above that after the first 5 hours or so. Pink noise is nowhere near as harsh as white noise, so a low volume setting is not needed.

post #353 of 366
Thanks for the info,buddy
post #354 of 366

Can someone provide me a link for "silence" file?

post #355 of 366

Someone quite recently advised me not to do continuous burn-in past 5hrs at a clip. He stated that the coil could overheat and cause damage. Advised to take 10min breaks after each 5hr span. Anyone else subscribe to this advise? I've never adhered to this and have never noticed any adverse effects from extended burn-in sessions. Thoughts on this? tks

post #356 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeybgood View Post

Someone quite recently advised me not to do continuous burn-in past 5hrs at a clip. He stated that the coil could overheat and cause damage. Advised to take 10min breaks after each 5hr span. Anyone else subscribe to this advise? I've never adhered to this and have never noticed any adverse effects from extended burn-in sessions. Thoughts on this? tks
Surely that happened to my SA5000 when burn in 5+ days continuously with high volume pink noise.
BIG MISTAKE! soon afterwards 1 driver is DEAD, the voice coil inside was broken=real burn in!
Loud pink noise is dangerous as all freqs have same energy, so the tiny voice coil will overheat and break, just like the silver thread of a fuse.

Now I found the BEST and safe burn in and electronics demagnetizer at same time:
Demagic from Densen, its really good as the audio (loop) will graduate decreased till 0, I even EQ boost low bass max for faster burn in.
Example I burn in 24+ hrs this in ear Creative ep630 that have no bass before and after there is hearable much more bass, the tiny diaphragm foil did loosen up!
So Demagic is for me the best!
http://www.tnt-audio.com/accessories/demagic_e.html
[img]
post #357 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsa35000 View Post


Surely that happened to my SA5000 when burn in 5+ days continuously with high volume pink noise.
BIG MISTAKE! soon afterwards 1 driver is DEAD, the voice coil inside was broken=real burn in!
Loud pink noise is dangerous as all freqs have same energy, so the tiny voice coil will overheat and break, just like the silver thread of a fuse.

Now I found the BEST and safe burn in and electronics demagnetizer at same time:
Demagic from Densen, its really good as the audio (loop) will graduate decreased till 0, I even EQ boost low bass max for faster burn in.
Example I burn in 24+ hrs this in ear Creative ep630 that have no bass before and after there is hearable much more bass, the tiny diaphragm foil did loosen up!
So Demagic is for me the best!
http://www.tnt-audio.com/accessories/demagic_e.html
[img]

I'll have to give the Densen a go of it. So would you say that the extended/continuous playing of the pink noise(and music as well) was the cause of the voice coil frying or likely due to the volume at which you were playing it at?  I don't have my sound level any higher than normal playback volume. I certainly can understand higher/more intense volume levels causing the coil to heat to dangerous/damaging levels. thoughts?

post #358 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeybgood View Post

I'll have to give the Densen a go of it. So would you say that the extended/continuous playing of the pink noise(and music as well) was the cause of the voice coil frying or likely due to the volume at which you were playing it at?  I don't have my sound level any higher than normal playback volume. I certainly can understand higher/more intense volume levels causing the coil to heat to dangerous/damaging levels. thoughts?
It was not that LOUD as Max headphone handling level, it was just abit louder than usual listening level.
Im sure the continuous "loaded" evenly energy in whole freq. bandwidth caused overheating, same thing happens with overdrived loudspeakers, coil will burn or glue break/meld/burn etc.

AND its useless to use pinknoise as most flexing of the diagphragm happens at the low bass freq. to flex the excursion flexibility!
Edited by cdsa35000 - 4/13/15 at 2:03pm
post #359 of 366

I favour what I like to call Neapolitan Burn-In: Around 900 hours each of pink noise, brown noise and white noise and any headphone should be good to go.

post #360 of 366

HAHA So you should be able to use your headphone at their full potential after over 3 months of burning them in? You can't leave the headphones on any noise for long periods of time like that, not even a day at a time really. I personally wouldn't expect any kind of sound changes over 40 hours. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Pink noise works wonders for burning-in!