Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › k1000 owners club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

k1000 owners club - Page 13

post #181 of 1381
#10493 sent over from germany via meier audio for 350$ april 2001.
post #182 of 1381
I just got a pair this last week. This is my third time owning them. Will update with the Serial No. later.

Btw, does anyone know if I can buy replacement pads for them(or are they not replaceable?)? The ones I bought, the pads are flattened from use. Everytime I go to AKG's site, it's down so that doesn't help.
post #183 of 1381
This one was posted in another thread somewhere, not used them myself though so I cannot vouch for them: CIMPLE Solutions Pro Ltd > AKG Spares

By the way, your previous pair is still bringing me much listening pleasure. Thanks again.
post #184 of 1381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikane View Post
This one was posted in another thread somewhere, not used them myself though so I cannot vouch for them: CIMPLE Solutions Pro Ltd > AKG Spares

By the way, your previous pair is still bringing me much listening pleasure. Thanks again.
Thanks for the link, I will take a look.

And I'm glad you are still enjoying them! I should have never sold that pair as they were in great shape.
post #185 of 1381
I previously owned a pair, but my amp wasn't up to it. Sold during a personal economy crisis.
post #186 of 1381
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1sixerfan View Post
Btw, does anyone know if I can buy replacement pads for them(or are they not replaceable?)? The ones I bought, the pads are flattened from use. Everytime I go to AKG's site, it's down so that doesn't help.
Yes, they are replaceable and available.
I bought 8 pads (two complete sets) from the local AKG dealer last October. Paid about USD 150 in total.

The parts numbers are:
* 2500M02010 - small
* 2500M02020 - big
post #187 of 1381
Quote:
Originally Posted by krmathis View Post
Yes, they are replaceable and available.
I bought 8 pads (two complete sets) from the local AKG dealer last October. Paid about USD 150 in total.

The parts numbers are:
* 2500M02010 - small
* 2500M02020 - big
Thank you very much for this information. How hard is it to replace them?
post #188 of 1381
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1sixerfan View Post
Thank you very much for this information. How hard is it to replace them?
I have not replaced mine yet, but it do not seem hard.
Some kind of sticky stuff, so just pry them off gently. Then use some double-sided tape, or like, to mount the new ones.
post #189 of 1381
Checking in with #3370.

post #190 of 1381

Finally in! .. Hopefully

You can count me finally in. Won a K1000 #4930 this morning.
post #191 of 1381
nm
post #192 of 1381
I'll get mine in a few days. Haven't decided on an amp though.
post #193 of 1381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighten View Post
For around $900, correct? ****in' screamin' deal.
Unfortunately a bit more. I suppose you were following another auction? This one was on ebay.de and ended to €805.12. Still, I think it's a good deal. Had I bought one from the US, there would have been customs tax up to €200 euros! If not more...


The lovely thing about the K1000s are, I can just grab them with me and go shop in a brick-and-mortar store, try different amps with it. With headphones, it is pointless because all they sell is some Project Phonebox or whatever it is called. There's so much adventure to these!
post #194 of 1381
Quote:
Originally Posted by progo View Post
Unfortunately a bit more. I suppose you were following another auction? This one was on ebay.de and ended to €805.12. Still, I think it's a good deal. Had I bought one from the US, there would have been customs tax up to €200 euros! If not more...


The lovely thing about the K1000s are, I can just grab them with me and go shop in a brick-and-mortar store, try different amps with it. With headphones, it is pointless because all they sell is some Project Phonebox or whatever it is called. There's so much adventure to these!
Ha, yeah. I realized the serial number was different from the one listed on eBay. Still a fantastic deal...
post #195 of 1381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighten View Post
Ha, yeah. I realized the serial number was different from the one listed on eBay. Still a fantastic deal...
I've always wanted a K1000. Moreover, I've always wanted a K1000 with a low serial number. Call it superstitious, somehow it feels more secure a choice.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › k1000 owners club