Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › k1000 owners club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

k1000 owners club - Page 76

post #1126 of 1385

It is a well known fact that on the seventh day, God created the AKG K1000's.

post #1127 of 1385

Just got a Meier Eartube and boy, does it sing with the K1000!

post #1128 of 1385
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvanrij View Post

It is a well known fact that on the seventh day, God created the AKG K1000's.



And contrary to popular belief, he wasn't actually done on the 7th day and resting, but instead spent the whole time listening to the K1000s and forgot to actually finish his work.

post #1129 of 1385

But lets be honest, who could blame him?

post #1130 of 1385

#09145-checking in, wonderful headphones jecklinsmile.gif

 

I was thinking on driving them from a 2 board beta22, or from a first watt F5 (both will be built by me), did any one had the chance to compare them ?

 

Thanks.

post #1131 of 1385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsubbo View Post

#09145-checking in, wonderful headphones jecklinsmile.gif

 

I was thinking on driving them from a 2 board beta22, or from a first watt F5 (both will be built by me), did any one had the chance to compare them ?

 

Thanks.



I used to drive them from a 4 board b22, quite bright for my taste (and I'm a basslight person). not recommended unless you have a musical source.

 

the f5 will be better, but that still depends on the rest of your system.

post #1132 of 1385

As for DAC, I have a matrix mini-i, but I'll change it for a benchmark DAC-1, or a Lavry DA10/11 or for a mytek in the future, what amps are recommended in the 500$ price range ? (I like SSamps more, I don't like to play around with tubes anymore, they're too sensitive)

post #1133 of 1385

With all the talk about what amp is best to drive the K1000, I thought I would throw out the SAC KH1000 amp.  Mine did a much better job driving the K1000 than my Eddie Current ZDT or a Cavalli EHHA (as well as better than numerous 5-12 watt speaker amps), both costing 2-3x that of the SAC amp.  The Cavalli was second best, and the ZDT was 3rd, but none of my little speaker amps (Qinpu A-3, Travagans Red, Nuforce Icon) could do the k1000 justice like the top 3 amps I tried.  The ZDT and EHHA has just enough power at the low end, but soft on the impact, and sometimes a little muddy sounding.  The ZDT was a little dark with the K1000 as well, even with my brightest tubes.

 

I kept the amp for so long because it can power my HE-6 too and is fantastic with Balanced HD600, plus I thought I was going to buy another K1000 someday, but my Stax SR-009 shipped to me today and the idea of another K1000 is on the back burner again.  I apologize for the intrusion here, and it wont be proper for me to respond to inquiries in the forum (so I wont), but if anyone is interested in buying mine just PM me.

post #1134 of 1385

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamidGal View Post

Anyone here own a BAP1000 ? 



Me, including the individual ROM-Card. (The quality of the internal BAP-1000-Amp is sparse, so separate Amp is obligatory.)

 

Joe 


Edited by JOEYYY - 12/3/11 at 2:37am
post #1135 of 1385

I wasn't sure the SAC-K1000 was still in production? Can you buy it new?

post #1136 of 1385
post #1137 of 1385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post



And contrary to popular belief, he wasn't actually done on the 7th day and resting, but instead spent the whole time listening to the K1000s and forgot to actually finish his work.



Darn! no wonder things are so messed up here on EARTH! wink.gif

post #1138 of 1385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmore View Post

 

Try to swap 12AT7 first.
 



 



 

Any recommendations...

post #1139 of 1385

Try NOS Mullards or Brimars:


 

12AT7=ECC81=CV455 ( Military grade ) = CV4024

 

Make sure they are made before 1970's, from 50-65 are the best. If you dont know, just post here the pics and we will see from there, but because they arent that expensive, I would get differ ones and choose the one you like at most, see here pls

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300628714494?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200684498468?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380389960041?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310305861633?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHZADA123 View Post



 

Any recommendations...



 


Edited by Blackmore - 12/5/11 at 1:29am
post #1140 of 1385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmore View Post

Try NOS Mullards or Brimars:


 

12AT7=ECC81=CV455 ( Military grade ) = CV4024

 

Make sure they are made before 1970's, from 50-65 are the best. If you dont know, just post here the pics and we will see from there, but because they arent that expensive, I would get differ ones and choose the one you like at most, see here pls

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300628714494?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200684498468?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380389960041?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310305861633?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

 

 



 

Hey!

Thanks for the recommendatio.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › k1000 owners club