Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Sponsor Forums › Westone › Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened ! - Page 9

post #121 of 2524
Definitely great for the sport. After having been out of the IEM game for so long and having refused to go customs because of the process, I'm curiously interested in trying out these new universals (triple.fi's are on my list as are the 3's) and comparing with the E500's and UM2's as well as the Ety's...and then eventually figuring out which customs to go with. I've finally decided that I'm willing to take a risk on customs, so if these 3's sound awesome, I'll eager await the release of the custom version, else I'll have to consider the UE10's...which as you state, have been king for quite some time now.
post #122 of 2524
don't be afraid of the process for customs I delayed and delayed figuring it was a hassle etc...

literally took 15 mins start to finish I fedexed the molds to UE and had my UE10's a week from that day. awesome!
post #123 of 2524
My worry was more that because I'm in Canada, if anything goes wrong it is back and forth back and forth across an ever tighter border. However, since so many of these companies are now releasing universals which very closely resemble the sonics of the customs, I'm able to gauge which one to go for even with the prospect of hassles.
post #124 of 2524
the problem is by the time you figure what you want it will be replaced with a new version lol
post #125 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by trose49 View Post
the problem is by the time you figure what you want it will be replaced with a new version lol
True true! Hence my interest in this thread. If I can hear a pair of the 3's and I like them more then the UM2's, then I know that I will go for these customs. They use Grados as their starting point, how can I argue with that?
post #126 of 2524
I find myself in same boat I have been trying to hold out on the ES2 because of the custom 3. I want to get them so bad its hard to wait. I could just wright it off as product testing I suppose and get both.

BTW thanks for all that have pre-ordered the Westone 3. We surely appreciate it.

Keith Ashwood
American Techpushers
post #127 of 2524
Thread Starter 
OK so I thought I'd toss my hat in the replaceable cable ring. Replaceable cables can be good. If this were not true then some manufactures would not be using them on their customs and some universals. They DO increase price, they DO increase size in the universal earphone range. So the debate is then, do you come out with a larger earpiece with a higher price tag, or release something that, yes you may need to be without for a week to get fixed, but costs less ?? All manufacturers think about it, debate about it. Personally, replaceable cables are good, that's my personal feeling... when done right.
post #128 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 View Post
OK so I thought I'd toss my hat in the replaceable cable ring. Replaceable cables can be good. If this were not true then some manufactures would not be using them on their customs and some universals. They DO increase price, they DO increase size in the universal earphone range. So the debate is then, do you come out with a larger earpiece with a higher price tag, or release something that, yes you may need to be without for a week to get fixed, but costs less ?? All manufacturers think about it, debate about it. Personally, replaceable cables are good, that's my personal feeling... when done right.
Personally, I think its a good option IF it doesn't add a giant connector on it that sticks out.
post #129 of 2524
Powderhound,
What color are they going to be?
post #130 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknutson View Post
Powerhound,
What color are they going to be?
Go for black I think it looks great on the UM2s. Or maybe a slick blue. ohh..
post #131 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Medeski View Post
Go for black I think it looks great on the UM2s. Or maybe a slick blue. ohh..
X2...on the black.
post #132 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Medeski View Post
Go for black I think it looks great on the UM2s. Or maybe a slick blue. ohh..
x3
post #133 of 2524
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknutson View Post
Powderhound,
What color are they going to be?
Not finalized, but we are looking at a metalic silver color. A mother of pearl was mentioned to me by someone who heard them at MacWorld. We are still playing and I will mention the requests for a black color.
post #134 of 2524
I like silver.

-The Grinman
post #135 of 2524
I vote for metallic gunmetal gray.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Westone
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Sponsor Forums › Westone › Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !