Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Real Hip Hop recommendations!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Real Hip Hop recommendations! - Page 32

post #466 of 637

Most Def and Talib Kweli - Brown Skin Lady

 

Lauryn Hill - Lost Ones

 

Digable Planets - Pacifics

post #467 of 637

Nasty Nas

http://youtu.be/S-zndpG0eS8


Edited by pollock5 - 9/30/11 at 5:03am
post #468 of 637

Mr. Lif - Phantom - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDYBX5VLj_E

The song that got me into hip hop. Destroyed every ignorant stereotype that soured my opinion of the genre before.

 

Edan - Beauty - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F_zJ0l9_PU

Highlight track from a phenomenally well put together album. Edan's style is unmistakable and not easy to forget once understood.

 

Atoms Family - Streetlamp Confessions - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FP42r1OXTg

Great example of Atoms Fam's tight style. Cold, sharp and subtle like a steel knife.

post #469 of 637

 

Managed to get a copy of Center of Attention 

post #470 of 637

Kendrick Lamar, easily the best thing to come out for hip-hop in the last year.

post #471 of 637

Best thing in the last year? I dunno man, it sounds might similar to a lot of other **** that's been thrown out lately.

 

I'm not into Odd Future at all, but this guy is an exception... he's like a young MF Doom.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78_loMbmKJ8

 

 

post #472 of 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by psylon View Post

Best thing in the last year? I dunno man, it sounds might similar to a lot of other **** that's been thrown out lately.

 

I'm not into Odd Future at all, but this guy is an exception... he's like a young MF Doom.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78_loMbmKJ8

 

 

free earl
 

 

post #473 of 637

If you haven't heard the new People Under the Stairs album, go buy it now!

 

cover_version51-300x300.jpeg

post #474 of 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSyde View Post

If you haven't heard the new People Under the Stairs album, go buy it now!

 

cover_version51-300x300.jpeg



OMG it came out ???? Thanks I'll go get them now.

post #475 of 637

Yeah, it's freaking amazing!  I'm a huge PUTS fan and I had such high expectations for this album.  It's delivered in every way, which is saying a lot because I felt a little let down by Fun DMC and Carried Away.  The recording quality is simply amazing and it's technically the best album PUTS has made to date.  I'm blown away.

post #476 of 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSyde View Post

Yeah, it's freaking amazing!  I'm a huge PUTS fan and I had such high expectations for this album.  It's delivered in every way, which is saying a lot because I felt a little let down by Fun DMC and Carried Away.  The recording quality is simply amazing and it's technically the best album PUTS has made to date.  I'm blown away.


Sweet. Now all I need to figure out is what I need to do get iTunes to play it atsmile.gif

 

post #477 of 637

Just drag and drop the album into iTunes when you get it.  I have ranked 3 tracks a 4/5 and 17 tracks 5/5 and I'm uber-critical about rankings.  It's just so good.

 

You can tell that they spent a lot of time working with musicians in the studio.  The final mix is one of the best I've heard in the entire Hip-Hop genre.

post #478 of 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSyde View Post

Just drag and drop the album into iTunes when you get it.  I have ranked 3 tracks a 4/5 and 17 tracks 5/5 and I'm uber-critical about rankings.  It's just so good.

 

You can tell that they spent a lot of time working with musicians in the studio.  The final mix is one of the best I've heard in the entire Hip-Hop genre.



Cool thanks beerchug.gif

post #479 of 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSyde View Post

If you haven't heard the new People Under the Stairs album, go buy it now!

 

cover_version51-300x300.jpeg


 

thanks, always looking for new artist/ group to explore

where did you get it from? Amazon taking pre-order for 10/13/11


Edited by snapple10 - 9/30/11 at 8:57pm
post #480 of 637
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Real Hip Hop recommendations!