Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Denon AH-D7000 v Audio Technica ATH W5000 Last post on 1/9/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Proud new owner of Audio-Technica ATH-W5000. Yay!!! Last post on 11/10/11 at 12:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Opinion on Audio Technica ATH-W5000 wood headphones with case - looking for best price also Last post on 10/5/11 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from SRH-840 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacement ear pads for AudioTechnica ATH-A900 headphones Last post on 9/17/11 at 8:04am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
SHOW US YOUR WOODY! - Page 18post #256 of 26912/10/12 at 5:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #257 of 26912/10/12 at 6:01am
Damn i thought is was burl. I just put through an order with burl wood but would much prefer this option. Wonder if its too late to change order.post #258 of 26912/10/12 at 6:06am
Do you know if on the website under the timber line gallery picture Timbre Line 06003 is burl and amber or siamese rosewood and amber?post #259 of 26912/10/12 at 7:28ampost #260 of 26912/10/12 at 9:42ampost #261 of 26912/10/12 at 10:18ampost #262 of 26912/17/12 at 11:17pm
I hope someday I can afford some of those I have been looking at them for awhile. I just sometimes go to the website and drool. You do amazing work, I would love to have a 1/10th of your talent. I met a guy who had some of you CEIM's in Chicago. He told me about how amazing they sound, his were gorgeous too.post #263 of 2691/5/13 at 1:01pmpost #264 of 2691/5/13 at 4:22pmpost #265 of 2691/5/13 at 8:13pmHallo bbophead!
Sure man, happy to oblige.
They are Fischer Audio FA-003W High Edition in Karelian Birch, from Noisy Motel.
They were kind enough to allow me to review both drivers for the 003 using the woody cups of my choice (SEVERAL woods available in both high and regular edition). For a brief synopsis of each woods characteristics check out Fischers website.
I liked both the look and sound of the Karelian Birch. Right now I'm runnin the leather high edition pads (also comes with velure), and the normal edition drivers. But I like both drivers very very much. The birch adds an amazing amount of soundstage due to its amphitheater internal carving... Actually for the full review with images of all the internals etc ill just refer you to my link here at head-fi
Let me know if I can help more?
Edited by mrbigsby - 1/5/13 at 8:14pmpost #266 of 2691/7/13 at 8:42ampost #267 of 2695/24/13 at 1:16pm
I've eyed these Karelian Birch cups so much back when the FA-003W got released; there was a branch of their website dedicated to showing all of their different-woods cups (in HD photos) and describing their sound signature and properties on the headphones; I must have read through all the woods like 5 times, and almost committed to buying this wood you got.
But I woke up one morning and decided to stick with my open-backs and forget about the FA-003W.
Edited by devouringone3 - 5/26/13 at 11:24ampost #268 of 2695/26/13 at 9:21am
- SHOW US YOUR WOODY!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › AUS: Audeze Sine. Great condition - PRICE DROP 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni 2 Uber 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...