Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Denon AH-D7000 v Audio Technica ATH W5000 Last post on 1/9/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Proud new owner of Audio-Technica ATH-W5000. Yay!!! Last post on 11/10/11 at 12:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Opinion on Audio Technica ATH-W5000 wood headphones with case - looking for best price also Last post on 10/5/11 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from SRH-840 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacement ear pads for AudioTechnica ATH-A900 headphones Last post on 9/17/11 at 8:04am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
SHOW US YOUR WOODY! - Page 18post #256 of 26912/10/12 at 5:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #257 of 26912/10/12 at 6:01am
Damn i thought is was burl. I just put through an order with burl wood but would much prefer this option. Wonder if its too late to change order.post #258 of 26912/10/12 at 6:06am
Do you know if on the website under the timber line gallery picture Timbre Line 06003 is burl and amber or siamese rosewood and amber?post #259 of 26912/10/12 at 7:28ampost #260 of 26912/10/12 at 9:42ampost #261 of 26912/10/12 at 10:18ampost #262 of 26912/17/12 at 11:17pm
I hope someday I can afford some of those I have been looking at them for awhile. I just sometimes go to the website and drool. You do amazing work, I would love to have a 1/10th of your talent. I met a guy who had some of you CEIM's in Chicago. He told me about how amazing they sound, his were gorgeous too.post #263 of 2691/5/13 at 1:01pmpost #264 of 2691/5/13 at 4:22pmpost #265 of 2691/5/13 at 8:13pmHallo bbophead!
Sure man, happy to oblige.
They are Fischer Audio FA-003W High Edition in Karelian Birch, from Noisy Motel.
They were kind enough to allow me to review both drivers for the 003 using the woody cups of my choice (SEVERAL woods available in both high and regular edition). For a brief synopsis of each woods characteristics check out Fischers website.
I liked both the look and sound of the Karelian Birch. Right now I'm runnin the leather high edition pads (also comes with velure), and the normal edition drivers. But I like both drivers very very much. The birch adds an amazing amount of soundstage due to its amphitheater internal carving... Actually for the full review with images of all the internals etc ill just refer you to my link here at head-fi
Let me know if I can help more?
Edited by mrbigsby - 1/5/13 at 8:14pmpost #266 of 2691/7/13 at 8:42ampost #267 of 2695/24/13 at 1:16pm
I've eyed these Karelian Birch cups so much back when the FA-003W got released; there was a branch of their website dedicated to showing all of their different-woods cups (in HD photos) and describing their sound signature and properties on the headphones; I must have read through all the woods like 5 times, and almost committed to buying this wood you got.
But I woke up one morning and decided to stick with my open-backs and forget about the FA-003W.
Edited by devouringone3 - 5/26/13 at 11:24ampost #268 of 2695/26/13 at 9:21am
- SHOW US YOUR WOODY!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX 28 seconds ago
- › ALAC vs. FLAC 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 5 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 6 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 32 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 6 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 9 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...