Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Denon AH-D7000 v Audio Technica ATH W5000 Last post on 1/9/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Proud new owner of Audio-Technica ATH-W5000. Yay!!! Last post on 11/10/11 at 12:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Opinion on Audio Technica ATH-W5000 wood headphones with case - looking for best price also Last post on 10/5/11 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from SRH-840 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacement ear pads for AudioTechnica ATH-A900 headphones Last post on 9/17/11 at 8:04am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
SHOW US YOUR WOODY! - Page 18post #256 of 26912/10/12 at 5:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #257 of 26912/10/12 at 6:01am
Damn i thought is was burl. I just put through an order with burl wood but would much prefer this option. Wonder if its too late to change order.post #258 of 26912/10/12 at 6:06am
Do you know if on the website under the timber line gallery picture Timbre Line 06003 is burl and amber or siamese rosewood and amber?post #259 of 26912/10/12 at 7:28ampost #260 of 26912/10/12 at 9:42ampost #261 of 26912/10/12 at 10:18ampost #262 of 26912/17/12 at 11:17pm
I hope someday I can afford some of those I have been looking at them for awhile. I just sometimes go to the website and drool. You do amazing work, I would love to have a 1/10th of your talent. I met a guy who had some of you CEIM's in Chicago. He told me about how amazing they sound, his were gorgeous too.post #263 of 2691/5/13 at 1:01pmpost #264 of 2691/5/13 at 4:22pmpost #265 of 2691/5/13 at 8:13pmHallo bbophead!
Sure man, happy to oblige.
They are Fischer Audio FA-003W High Edition in Karelian Birch, from Noisy Motel.
They were kind enough to allow me to review both drivers for the 003 using the woody cups of my choice (SEVERAL woods available in both high and regular edition). For a brief synopsis of each woods characteristics check out Fischers website.
I liked both the look and sound of the Karelian Birch. Right now I'm runnin the leather high edition pads (also comes with velure), and the normal edition drivers. But I like both drivers very very much. The birch adds an amazing amount of soundstage due to its amphitheater internal carving... Actually for the full review with images of all the internals etc ill just refer you to my link here at head-fi
Let me know if I can help more?
Edited by mrbigsby - 1/5/13 at 8:14pmpost #266 of 2691/7/13 at 8:42ampost #267 of 2695/24/13 at 1:16pm
I've eyed these Karelian Birch cups so much back when the FA-003W got released; there was a branch of their website dedicated to showing all of their different-woods cups (in HD photos) and describing their sound signature and properties on the headphones; I must have read through all the woods like 5 times, and almost committed to buying this wood you got.
But I woke up one morning and decided to stick with my open-backs and forget about the FA-003W.
Edited by devouringone3 - 5/26/13 at 11:24ampost #268 of 2695/26/13 at 9:21am
- SHOW US YOUR WOODY!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Win A FiiO DK1 (Multifunction Dock) with Your Comments---- A Harbor... 37 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 8 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 9 minutes ago
- › Best open-back headphone for movie and music? 12 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 12 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 13 minutes ago
- › Near Mint Black Oppo PM-3 w/ original box 13 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...