Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Denon AH-D7000 v Audio Technica ATH W5000 Last post on 1/9/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Proud new owner of Audio-Technica ATH-W5000. Yay!!! Last post on 11/10/11 at 12:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Opinion on Audio Technica ATH-W5000 wood headphones with case - looking for best price also Last post on 10/5/11 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from SRH-840 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacement ear pads for AudioTechnica ATH-A900 headphones Last post on 9/17/11 at 8:04am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one word comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
I have owned these headphones for about a week. The sounds quality is great but I'm not sure if I can wear these longer than 1 hour. My ears get way too warm. Would love a bit more airflow.
SHOW US YOUR WOODY! - Page 18post #256 of 26912/10/12 at 5:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #257 of 26912/10/12 at 6:01am
Damn i thought is was burl. I just put through an order with burl wood but would much prefer this option. Wonder if its too late to change order.post #258 of 26912/10/12 at 6:06am
Do you know if on the website under the timber line gallery picture Timbre Line 06003 is burl and amber or siamese rosewood and amber?post #259 of 26912/10/12 at 7:28ampost #260 of 26912/10/12 at 9:42ampost #261 of 26912/10/12 at 10:18ampost #262 of 26912/17/12 at 11:17pm
I hope someday I can afford some of those I have been looking at them for awhile. I just sometimes go to the website and drool. You do amazing work, I would love to have a 1/10th of your talent. I met a guy who had some of you CEIM's in Chicago. He told me about how amazing they sound, his were gorgeous too.post #263 of 2691/5/13 at 1:01pmpost #264 of 2691/5/13 at 4:22pmpost #265 of 2691/5/13 at 8:13pmHallo bbophead!
Sure man, happy to oblige.
They are Fischer Audio FA-003W High Edition in Karelian Birch, from Noisy Motel.
They were kind enough to allow me to review both drivers for the 003 using the woody cups of my choice (SEVERAL woods available in both high and regular edition). For a brief synopsis of each woods characteristics check out Fischers website.
I liked both the look and sound of the Karelian Birch. Right now I'm runnin the leather high edition pads (also comes with velure), and the normal edition drivers. But I like both drivers very very much. The birch adds an amazing amount of soundstage due to its amphitheater internal carving... Actually for the full review with images of all the internals etc ill just refer you to my link here at head-fi
Let me know if I can help more?
Edited by mrbigsby - 1/5/13 at 8:14pmpost #266 of 2691/7/13 at 8:42ampost #267 of 2695/24/13 at 1:16pm
I've eyed these Karelian Birch cups so much back when the FA-003W got released; there was a branch of their website dedicated to showing all of their different-woods cups (in HD photos) and describing their sound signature and properties on the headphones; I must have read through all the woods like 5 times, and almost committed to buying this wood you got.
But I woke up one morning and decided to stick with my open-backs and forget about the FA-003W.
Edited by devouringone3 - 5/26/13 at 11:24ampost #268 of 2695/26/13 at 9:21am
- SHOW US YOUR WOODY!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › TEAC HA-P90SD (To be released in Dec, 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audioquest Dragonfly 1.2 5 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Does FiiO X1 plays in car's usb port? 6 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The... 7 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Edition 12 announced in Japan 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › SKULLCANDY SLYR Circumaural Headset by ChromiumCola
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2