Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Denon AH-D7000 v Audio Technica ATH W5000 Last post on 1/9/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Proud new owner of Audio-Technica ATH-W5000. Yay!!! Last post on 11/10/11 at 12:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Opinion on Audio Technica ATH-W5000 wood headphones with case - looking for best price also Last post on 10/5/11 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from SRH-840 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacement ear pads for AudioTechnica ATH-A900 headphones Last post on 9/17/11 at 8:04am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
Aune B1 portable headphone amplifier Review [[SPOILER]] Intro: Focusing on achieving high quality sound at a competitive price point while utilizing premium materials and uniquely eye-catching...
Ok i'll just jump straight to the point, should you buy this? Absolutely Not . Here's why; - It's a screen-less shuffle style player, obviously not intended to compete with the screened DAP...
SHOW US YOUR WOODY! - Page 18post #256 of 26912/10/12 at 5:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #257 of 26912/10/12 at 6:01am
Damn i thought is was burl. I just put through an order with burl wood but would much prefer this option. Wonder if its too late to change order.post #258 of 26912/10/12 at 6:06am
Do you know if on the website under the timber line gallery picture Timbre Line 06003 is burl and amber or siamese rosewood and amber?post #259 of 26912/10/12 at 7:28ampost #260 of 26912/10/12 at 9:42ampost #261 of 26912/10/12 at 10:18ampost #262 of 26912/17/12 at 11:17pm
I hope someday I can afford some of those I have been looking at them for awhile. I just sometimes go to the website and drool. You do amazing work, I would love to have a 1/10th of your talent. I met a guy who had some of you CEIM's in Chicago. He told me about how amazing they sound, his were gorgeous too.post #263 of 2691/5/13 at 1:01pmpost #264 of 2691/5/13 at 4:22pmpost #265 of 2691/5/13 at 8:13pmHallo bbophead!
Sure man, happy to oblige.
They are Fischer Audio FA-003W High Edition in Karelian Birch, from Noisy Motel.
They were kind enough to allow me to review both drivers for the 003 using the woody cups of my choice (SEVERAL woods available in both high and regular edition). For a brief synopsis of each woods characteristics check out Fischers website.
I liked both the look and sound of the Karelian Birch. Right now I'm runnin the leather high edition pads (also comes with velure), and the normal edition drivers. But I like both drivers very very much. The birch adds an amazing amount of soundstage due to its amphitheater internal carving... Actually for the full review with images of all the internals etc ill just refer you to my link here at head-fi
Let me know if I can help more?
Edited by mrbigsby - 1/5/13 at 8:14pmpost #266 of 2691/7/13 at 8:42ampost #267 of 2695/24/13 at 1:16pm
I've eyed these Karelian Birch cups so much back when the FA-003W got released; there was a branch of their website dedicated to showing all of their different-woods cups (in HD photos) and describing their sound signature and properties on the headphones; I must have read through all the woods like 5 times, and almost committed to buying this wood you got.
But I woke up one morning and decided to stick with my open-backs and forget about the FA-003W.
Edited by devouringone3 - 5/26/13 at 11:24ampost #268 of 2695/26/13 at 9:21am
- SHOW US YOUR WOODY!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 1 minute ago
- › I have hiss in my years for 2 weeks how to heal it? 2 minutes ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Melodious XM-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 4 minutes ago
- › New Audio Technica Woodies: ATH-W1000Z announced 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 6 minutes ago
- › Where have all the ear buds gone? (non-isolating) 6 minutes ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 7 minutes ago
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2