Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Does anyone know which Grado HPs these are?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Does anyone know which Grado HPs these are? - Page 2

post #16 of 95
Thread Starter 
I only checked the feedback listed for his current user name and felt alright based on that...I'll be keeping my fingers crossed though.
post #17 of 95
I bought the HP-2 from that seller. He claimed they were lost in the mail and never sent them to me. Used that exact picture. Wow all of a sudden he has them again

He also claimed he got an insurance number (which he gave me which the post office said didn't exist), and everytime I asked for a tracking number he insisted he got one but gave me the insurance number instead.

With the bogus case I did a charge back and got all my money back. He threatened to leave negative feedback if I did, so I never did. Good luck with the seller, definitely a con artist.

I searched through his feedback and someone else left a negative about not sending an item. After researching it more it was an HP-2 as well.

That was about 3 weeks worth of stress that I didn't need.
post #18 of 95
I think it was member Akwok (hsavior on ebay). Maybe he'll chime in with his experience with this seller.
post #19 of 95
This was my single damn bad experience on ebay after being registered for 7 years. Turned me off buying anything really expensive, and sticking to selling. Even feedback doesn't tell the entire story
post #20 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pak View Post
This was my single damn bad experience on ebay after being registered for 7 years. Turned me off buying anything really expensive, and sticking to selling. Even feedback doesn't tell the entire story
thanks for chiming in and providing the OP with some useful infomormation..good of you jpak..

Hope this works out for toonie, looking forward to a positive outcome
post #21 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pak View Post
I bought the HP-2 from that seller. He claimed they were lost in the mail and never sent them to me. Used that exact picture. Wow all of a sudden he has them again

He also claimed he got an insurance number (which he gave me which the post office said didn't exist), and everytime I asked for a tracking number he insisted he got one but gave me the insurance number instead.

With the bogus case I did a charge back and got all my money back. He threatened to leave negative feedback if I did, so I never did. Good luck with the seller, definitely a con artist.

I searched through his feedback and someone else left a negative about not sending an item. After researching it more it was an HP-2 as well.

That was about 3 weeks worth of stress that I didn't need.
Ouch! Well, I guess I'm not going to see these ever. Any suggestions about how I should handle this?
post #22 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonie View Post
Ouch! Well, I guess I'm not going to see these ever. Any suggestions about how I should handle this?
File an immediate claim with Paypal. I looked at the auction and it says you're only covered for $1000. At the time I used buy it now it was $900.

But the seller didn't give me a refund I had to call my credit card company and ask for a charge back in order for paypal to take notice. Before that it kept saying dispute pending. After the charge back they emailed me the next day saying that it has been resolved through my credit card company and not Paypal. Also some BS that I should have went through Paypal first and waited for their decision

Let me know if I can help out further, it really sucks to see this seller pulling the same scam. PM me if you want further information I'd rather not disclose a lot of the details in this thread.

Also I tried searching for the old auction that I won, but it looks like it has expired, and I deleted it from my ebay. Though this happened in November so it should still be there somewhere in the ebay database. I'll look in my paypal history and see if I can find the item number.
post #23 of 95
good catch J-Pak. HP-1000s come up so rarely, each one usually has a history that someone here can call out on. and it looks like the history on this one is nasty.
post #24 of 95
I'm sorry Toonie Paypal has no mention of the auction number. Just the transaction number.

I have his real name, address, email, and ebay seller ID at the time I purchased (he changed it to his current one a few days later, you can check this under history of ebay aliases).

Also I was informed of this auction through Headfi's FS/FT forum. The poster of the thread called the thread "grado" and posted a link to the auction. I remember I looked at his profile and it listed hp-1 as one of the headphones he owned, so I assumed it was legitimate. I searched through the FS/FT forum and could not find the thread which might have been deleted because it was just a link for an ebay auction.

So this above Headfi user might even be the ebay seller, but I don't want to make any accusations. If someone is better at searching than I am maybe they can find the thread.
post #25 of 95
Grado HP serie is probaply best Grado (from Joe era) money can buy. Hope you get them...
post #26 of 95
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/member.php?u=12647
Here's his Head-Fi member link.
post #27 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pak View Post
I'm sorry Toonie Paypal has no mention of the auction number. Just the transaction number.

I have his real name, address, email, and ebay seller ID at the time I purchased (he changed it to his current one a few days later, you can check this under history of ebay aliases).

Also I was informed of this auction through Headfi's FS/FT forum. The poster of the thread called the thread "grado" and posted a link to the auction. I remember I looked at his profile and it listed hp-1 as one of the headphones he owned, so I assumed it was legitimate. I searched through the FS/FT forum and could not find the thread which might have been deleted because it was just a link for an ebay auction.

So this above Headfi user might even be the ebay seller, but I don't want to make any accusations. If someone is better at searching than I am maybe they can find the thread.
Perhaps he refused to ship them because he realize he could get more for them? Since he didn't give you your money back I'm assuming this was not the case, but given his mainly good feedback maybe it was just a lapse of reason on his part.

To the threadstarter - I would try and get into contact with him asap. If he refuses to communicate then I'd follow what J-Pak said and try to get your money back asap. Could be that since he got much more money this time around he'll ship them out, but I wouldn't count on it
post #28 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekbmn View Post
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/member.php?u=12647
Here's his Head-Fi member link.
Nice one!


Quote:
Originally Posted by SptsNaz View Post
Perhaps he refused to ship them because he realize he could get more for them? Since he didn't give you your money back I'm assuming this was not the case, but given his mainly good feedback maybe it was just a lapse of reason on his part.

To the threadstarter - I would try and get into contact with him asap. If he refuses to communicate then I'd follow what J-Pak said and try to get your money back asap. Could be that since he got much more money this time around he'll ship them out, but I wouldn't count on it
He stayed in contact with me the entire time. He kept telling me to wait some more and see if they arrive.
post #29 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekbmn View Post
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/member.php?u=12647
Here's his Head-Fi member link.
Hmm, seems to have good feedback here on Head-fi (7 positive). What's the deal with this guy then?
post #30 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by SptsNaz View Post
Hmm, seems to have good feedback here on Head-fi (7 positive). What's the deal with this guy then?

Probaply a lazy ass. Does things properly when he feels like it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Does anyone know which Grado HPs these are?