Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-gd Reference Onetagged by System, 8/3/10
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by SunTanScanMan, 7/5/14
- brandDenontagged by System, 4/6/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 3/1/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandKosstagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/16/10
- brandSonytagged by System, 7/16/10
- brandStaxtagged by System, 3/9/11
Related Forum Threads
- Japan is the headphone paradise, and here's the proof Last post on 10/25/16 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auzede LCD-2 vs. Audio Technica W5000 Last post on 9/1/11 at 8:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphone Purchase & authorize dealer Pricing ? Last post on 7/26/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax headphones Last post on 6/22/11 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Low budget headphones! Last post on 6/10/11 at 2:08am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! - Page 148post #2206 of 60919/15/12 at 2:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2207 of 60919/15/12 at 8:51ampost #2208 of 60919/15/12 at 10:26am
None at all :P, sorry. I hope the DIY enclosure does not detract too much, otherwise it's just like holding two small plannar magnetic speakers next to your ears, I'd guess.
Sweet you completed your set! Looks good ;)post #2209 of 60919/15/12 at 11:43ampost #2210 of 60919/17/12 at 2:18pmpost #2211 of 60919/25/12 at 1:11pmpost #2212 of 60919/25/12 at 8:59pmpost #2213 of 60919/27/12 at 6:32pmpost #2214 of 60919/29/12 at 9:35ampost #2215 of 60919/29/12 at 10:26ampost #2216 of 60919/29/12 at 1:00pmpost #2217 of 609110/2/12 at 1:56pmpost #2218 of 609110/2/12 at 7:08pmpost #2219 of 609110/2/12 at 7:11pmQuote:
You know what's weird? Mine have the same modding as his, but they sound different, and his came out better. His only have a couple (big) spikes in the midrange, otherwise they're pretty much straight, and the detail is wonderful. They outperform pretty much anything. Mine, by contrast, are honky in the midrange and treble (his have peaks around 1.2 KHz and 2 KHz) and have a "squishier" lower midrange. There's a very slight difference in modding (acoustic foam fill instead of a dense plastic felt) which cannot account for such a big difference.
The point being, they differ depending on production batch (version?).
The recipe is silver-plated copper twisted pair recable, Blu-tack+Dynamat padding, and Senn HD414 foam.
Most nobody will recognise the headphones above, so... Those are Denon AH-D210. A classic model from the 90s which might or might not be an OEM sibling to Yamaha RH5MA. They do look alike.
Edited by Seidhepriest - 10/2/12 at 7:31pm
- Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-2 Headphone Amplifier and DAC for sale Excellent condition 1 minute ago
- › What causes a "veiled" sound? 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 6 minutes ago
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear