Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-gd Reference Onetagged by System, 8/3/10
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by SunTanScanMan, 7/5/14
- brandDenontagged by System, 4/6/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 3/1/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandKosstagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/16/10
- brandSonytagged by System, 7/16/10
- brandStaxtagged by System, 3/9/11
Related Forum Threads
- Japan is the headphone paradise, and here's the proof Last post on 1/21/15 at 3:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auzede LCD-2 vs. Audio Technica W5000 Last post on 9/1/11 at 8:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphone Purchase & authorize dealer Pricing ? Last post on 7/26/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax headphones Last post on 6/22/11 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Low budget headphones! Last post on 6/10/11 at 2:08am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! - Page 148post #2206 of 43369/15/12 at 2:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2207 of 43369/15/12 at 8:51ampost #2208 of 43369/15/12 at 10:26am
None at all :P, sorry. I hope the DIY enclosure does not detract too much, otherwise it's just like holding two small plannar magnetic speakers next to your ears, I'd guess.
Sweet you completed your set! Looks good ;)post #2209 of 43369/15/12 at 11:43ampost #2210 of 43369/17/12 at 2:18pmpost #2211 of 43369/25/12 at 1:11pmpost #2212 of 43369/25/12 at 8:59pmpost #2213 of 43369/27/12 at 6:32pmpost #2214 of 43369/29/12 at 9:35ampost #2215 of 43369/29/12 at 10:26ampost #2216 of 43369/29/12 at 1:00pmpost #2217 of 433610/2/12 at 1:56pmpost #2218 of 433610/2/12 at 7:08pmpost #2219 of 433610/2/12 at 7:11pmQuote:
You know what's weird? Mine have the same modding as his, but they sound different, and his came out better. His only have a couple (big) spikes in the midrange, otherwise they're pretty much straight, and the detail is wonderful. They outperform pretty much anything. Mine, by contrast, are honky in the midrange and treble (his have peaks around 1.2 KHz and 2 KHz) and have a "squishier" lower midrange. There's a very slight difference in modding (acoustic foam fill instead of a dense plastic felt) which cannot account for such a big difference.
The point being, they differ depending on production batch (version?).
The recipe is silver-plated copper twisted pair recable, Blu-tack+Dynamat padding, and Senn HD414 foam.
Most nobody will recognise the headphones above, so... Those are Denon AH-D210. A classic model from the 90s which might or might not be an OEM sibling to Yamaha RH5MA. They do look alike.
Edited by Seidhepriest - 10/2/12 at 7:31pm
- Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Beyerdynamic T1 + DT990 + K702 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Need help for amplifier and speakers for my desktop 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 4 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 7 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 8 minutes ago
- › Vsonic VSD2 / VSD2S and AN16 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 8 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2