Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-gd Reference Onetagged by System, 8/3/10
- brandDenontagged by System, 4/6/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 3/1/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
- brandKosstagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/16/10
- brandSonytagged by System, 7/16/10
- brandStaxtagged by System, 3/9/11
Related Forum Threads
- Japan is the headphone paradise, and here's the proof Last post on 10/3/13 at 10:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax headphones Last post on 6/22/11 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Low budget headphones! Last post on 6/10/11 at 2:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- AD700 Where to buy? (Canada) Last post on 3/27/11 at 11:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Rank all your Headphones - Mini Review Thread Last post on 8/20/12 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! - Page 148
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2207 of 31939/15/12 at 8:51ampost #2208 of 31939/15/12 at 10:26am
None at all :P, sorry. I hope the DIY enclosure does not detract too much, otherwise it's just like holding two small plannar magnetic speakers next to your ears, I'd guess.
Sweet you completed your set! Looks good ;)post #2209 of 31939/15/12 at 11:43ampost #2210 of 31939/17/12 at 2:18pmpost #2211 of 31939/25/12 at 1:11pmpost #2212 of 31939/25/12 at 8:59pmpost #2213 of 31939/27/12 at 6:32pmpost #2214 of 31939/29/12 at 9:35ampost #2215 of 31939/29/12 at 10:26ampost #2216 of 31939/29/12 at 1:00pmpost #2217 of 319310/2/12 at 1:56pmpost #2218 of 319310/2/12 at 7:08pmpost #2219 of 319310/2/12 at 7:11pmQuote:
You know what's weird? Mine have the same modding as his, but they sound different, and his came out better. His only have a couple (big) spikes in the midrange, otherwise they're pretty much straight, and the detail is wonderful. They outperform pretty much anything. Mine, by contrast, are honky in the midrange and treble (his have peaks around 1.2 KHz and 2 KHz) and have a "squishier" lower midrange. There's a very slight difference in modding (acoustic foam fill instead of a dense plastic felt) which cannot account for such a big difference.
The point being, they differ depending on production batch (version?).
The recipe is silver-plated copper twisted pair recable, Blu-tack+Dynamat padding, and Senn HD414 foam.
Most nobody will recognise the headphones above, so... Those are Denon AH-D210. A classic model from the 90s which might or might not be an OEM sibling to Yamaha RH5MA. They do look alike.
Edited by Seidhepriest - 10/2/12 at 7:31pm
- Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Sony MDR-7520 26 seconds ago
- › Comparisons: B&W P7, PSB M4U2, Momentum, MDR-1R, QC15, DT1350,... 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › Sony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Black by Shini44
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe