Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-gd Reference Onetagged by System, 8/3/10
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by SunTanScanMan, 7/5/14
- brandDenontagged by System, 4/6/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 3/1/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandKosstagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/16/10
- brandSonytagged by System, 7/16/10
- brandStaxtagged by System, 3/9/11
Related Forum Threads
- Japan is the headphone paradise, and here's the proof Last post on 2/20/14 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auzede LCD-2 vs. Audio Technica W5000 Last post on 9/1/11 at 8:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphone Purchase & authorize dealer Pricing ? Last post on 7/26/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax headphones Last post on 6/22/11 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Low budget headphones! Last post on 6/10/11 at 2:08am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First I’d like to thank Rock Jaw for sending me the Alfa Genus for review. If you haven’t heard of Rock Jaw before, I don’t blame you. They are a rather new company that recently came out with a...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
Sources used: Macbook Pro, iphone 4s, Fiio e10, Schiit Magni, This is a personal Unit: Bought at LMUE for 38USD during pre-sale Burn-in time: I don’t believe in huge differences, but in order...
Note to the Reader This was a demo unit, part of a program organized by Todd the Vinyl Junkie. A big thanks to Todd for his generosity and allowing me a week to fool around with these little...
Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! - Page 148post #2206 of 37479/15/12 at 2:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2207 of 37479/15/12 at 8:51ampost #2208 of 37479/15/12 at 10:26am
None at all :P, sorry. I hope the DIY enclosure does not detract too much, otherwise it's just like holding two small plannar magnetic speakers next to your ears, I'd guess.
Sweet you completed your set! Looks good ;)post #2209 of 37479/15/12 at 11:43ampost #2210 of 37479/17/12 at 2:18pmpost #2211 of 37479/25/12 at 1:11pmpost #2212 of 37479/25/12 at 8:59pmpost #2213 of 37479/27/12 at 6:32pmpost #2214 of 37479/29/12 at 9:35ampost #2215 of 37479/29/12 at 10:26ampost #2216 of 37479/29/12 at 1:00pmpost #2217 of 374710/2/12 at 1:56pmpost #2218 of 374710/2/12 at 7:08pmpost #2219 of 374710/2/12 at 7:11pmQuote:
You know what's weird? Mine have the same modding as his, but they sound different, and his came out better. His only have a couple (big) spikes in the midrange, otherwise they're pretty much straight, and the detail is wonderful. They outperform pretty much anything. Mine, by contrast, are honky in the midrange and treble (his have peaks around 1.2 KHz and 2 KHz) and have a "squishier" lower midrange. There's a very slight difference in modding (acoustic foam fill instead of a dense plastic felt) which cannot account for such a big difference.
The point being, they differ depending on production batch (version?).
The recipe is silver-plated copper twisted pair recable, Blu-tack+Dynamat padding, and Senn HD414 foam.
Most nobody will recognise the headphones above, so... Those are Denon AH-D210. A classic model from the 90s which might or might not be an OEM sibling to Yamaha RH5MA. They do look alike.
Edited by Seidhepriest - 10/2/12 at 7:31pm
- Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › NuForce uDAC-2 Black 9 seconds ago
- › Help with understanding Ohms and Hertz? 11 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 16 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. User Card - uploaded! (page 88) 5 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 6 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by lin0003
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)