Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot 2++ Tube Rolling
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Little Dot 2++ Tube Rolling - Page 40

post #586 of 658
Hi guys, I just got a LD2++ on ebay, where can I find all these upgrade tubes that you guys are talking about?
post #587 of 658
pair of both Mullard m8161 and a pair of Mullard CV131 on eBay right now.

seller says they are used but matched. doesn't give any actual data on the test results tho. you can always ping him.
post #588 of 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojolo View Post
pair of both Mullard m8161 and a pair of Mullard CV131 on eBay right now.

seller says they are used but matched. doesn't give any actual data on the test results tho. you can always ping him.
Would you please post a link to the tubes? I searched for them but couldn't find it.

This is my first experience with tube amps, are matched tubes a good thing? Do they usually not come matched? And should I be worried if these tubes are used?

Thanks for your help!!
post #589 of 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthorne77 View Post
Hey guys I just got my Mullard M8161/CV4015 driver tubes, and I was wondering if the pins dont stick out on these? Did you guys solder pins on yours to use them? Im kinda bummed because I thought they would be ready to go when I got them.
While holding those Mullards glass-end-up securely with the index finger & thumb of right hand, use the corresponding digits of the left hand to pull the black plastic cover gently but firmly downward toward the floor, which is where your eyes will be directed once you see those pins appear as if by magic!
post #590 of 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danika k View Post
Would you please post a link to the tubes? I searched for them but couldn't find it.

This is my first experience with tube amps, are matched tubes a good thing? Do they usually not come matched? And should I be worried if these tubes are used?

Thanks for your help!!
I have never heard of driver tubes (like the M8161) dying of age. Seems like they can last a long time.
post #591 of 658
use the below search in "consumer electronics" with location as worldwide. you should get a decent number of results.

(EF92, CV131, CV4015, 9D6, M8161, W77, 6CQ6)
post #592 of 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcoheda View Post
use the below search in "consumer electronics". you should get a decent number of results.

(EF92, CV131, CV4015, 9D6, M8161, W77, 6CQ6)
Thanks vcoheda, I found some here:

Mullard M8161 / CV4015 Mil. Spec. Little Dot Amp EF92 - (eBay item 280177671878 end time Dec-02-07 19:18:44 PST)

Are these a good deal?
post #593 of 658
Thread Starter 
Hi all I cant beleive this thread is still rolling! It's been like a year nearly, and i'm happy to say I still own the original LD2++ pictured in this thread and it's still going strong and sounding sweet, yay to LD!
post #594 of 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danika k View Post
those tubes look really used or the pics are just bad. probably worth the opening bid, but hard to say what you will get from them. that one seller in the UK has a good supply of tubes. he asks a little more than i would like to pay, but may be worth getting one good pair from him.
post #595 of 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by rain_uk View Post
Hi all I cant beleive this thread is still rolling! It's been like a year nearly, and i'm happy to say I still own the original LD2++ pictured in this thread and it's still going strong and sounding sweet, yay to LD!
it's nice to hear that your ++ is still going strong. i'm way past LD2++ territory these days, but i still have fond memories of my little amp and this thread. i think we made the most of it.
post #596 of 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcoheda View Post
those tubes look really used or the pics are just bad. probably worth the opening bid, but hard to say what you will get from them. that one seller in the UK has a good supply of tubes. he asks a little more than i would like to pay, but may be worth getting one good pair from him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danika k View Post
The tubes have a pretty long (~5000hr) service life, especially the military M8161 versions, so I don't think they'll be bad. Besides I think the tubes are tested and matched, so it might even be better to get a tested and matched pair than a mis-matched NOS pair (which tend to happen with different production runs, vacuum tubes were not a very exact science back in the day). Just my 2 cents, seems like good prices though.
post #597 of 658
Hello, this is my first post on this verry informatic Board. Sorry for my horrible english....

I found an German Ebayshop with three Types of Tubes for LDII++. The Mullard NOS driver tubes (6CQ6 MA - CV131), the Military NOS (Mullard CV4015 - 6065 NG) and the Valvo EF92.

eBay Shop - AUDIOTUBES-VALVES: Wir verkaufen RADIOTUBES-RADIORÖHREN, PREAMPTUBES-VORST.RÖHRE, POWERTUBES-ENDRÖHREN.

descripts in english and german

have fun
Geroth

p.s. here are my Tubes for the LDII++ (one of the pair)

post #598 of 658
never heard the valvos. how do they compare to the others. also one or two of the pins of the third tube from the left look really bent.
post #599 of 658
^^ Interesting source, thanks for sharing!

EDIT: Wow, mighty expensive tubes. 17 euros for one CV131 shipped? That's more than $30 per tube. I think the going price is more like $25~$30 shipped PER PAIR.
post #600 of 658
edit - oops.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot 2++ Tube Rolling