I just got the HA5000. Compared to the m-Stage I used before, the difference is actually massive. The music sounds effortless (not as effortless as electrostats), and the female vocals are mesmerizing. Every word sang from a girl does not sound like a play back from a headphone, but the music flows around you. Simply amazing.
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/20/11
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 9/20/11
- brandDarkvoicetagged by System, 9/20/11
- productGraham Slee Solo SRG IItagged by System, 9/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/20/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/20/11
- productHeadRoom Ultra Desktop DACtagged by System, 9/20/11
- productMeier Audio Corda Opera DAC/Amptagged by System, 9/20/11
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 9/20/11
- productWoo Audio 3+ Redtagged by System, 9/20/11More
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 9/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Can't decide on a tube amp for HD600's Last post on 11/27/12 at 7:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I must first and foremost give a large and heartfelt thank you to secondipity for reaching out to me and asking if I would be interested in reviewing some products offered by them. This is...
ZMF OMNI - REVIEW Zach and Luke are Ortho Docs Disclaimer: No mercy… though the Omni is merciful I really think the Omni can hold up to scrutiny very well. While I have been a long time...
After deciding that I’d need about $1K to get the sound I was after, I was getting frustrated with the IEM world. After all, I could just buy the OPPO PM3 for $400, call it a day, and deal with the...
Introduction I've been writing many reviews for local audiophile sites of my country so I decided to write one for head-fi too. Subject is Ostry KC06. (a.k.a Giant Slayer) Sources used: LG...
W5000 Owners' Amp Registry - Page 13post #181 of 1824/5/13 at 4:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 1825/20/13 at 4:16am
I tried these headphones (W5000) on a audio-gd nfb 5.32. Very good results with violin and other string based classical music.
I found them to be better than the HD800 for some 'string' based tracks (in terms of string clarity sound). Nearly got crucified for
mentioning this one aspect of headphone performance in another thread here!
A lot of people really hate the W5000 but that is probably because they listen to music that it was not designed for.
- W5000 Owners' Amp Registry
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 33 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics VE Zen 2.0 impressions and discussion thread 54 seconds ago
- › AKG Pro Audio K812PRO Superior Reference Headphone 59 seconds ago
- › Evshrug's "If I knew then what I know now" discussion journal. 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 2 minutes ago
- › DC-Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, February 27, 2016 -- Impressions... 3 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 3 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio V3 Discussion and Mods. 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Kon Peki
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by k4rstar
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse