I just got the HA5000. Compared to the m-Stage I used before, the difference is actually massive. The music sounds effortless (not as effortless as electrostats), and the female vocals are mesmerizing. Every word sang from a girl does not sound like a play back from a headphone, but the music flows around you. Simply amazing.
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/20/11
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 9/20/11
- brandDarkvoicetagged by System, 9/20/11
- productGraham Slee Solo SRG IItagged by System, 9/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/20/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/20/11
- productHeadRoom Ultra Desktop DACtagged by System, 9/20/11
- productMeier Audio Corda Opera DAC/Amptagged by System, 9/20/11
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 9/20/11
- productWoo Audio 3+ Redtagged by System, 9/20/11More
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 9/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Can't decide on a tube amp for HD600's Last post on 11/27/12 at 7:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
W5000 Owners' Amp Registry - Page 13post #181 of 1824/5/13 at 4:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 1825/20/13 at 4:16am
I tried these headphones (W5000) on a audio-gd nfb 5.32. Very good results with violin and other string based classical music.
I found them to be better than the HD800 for some 'string' based tracks (in terms of string clarity sound). Nearly got crucified for
mentioning this one aspect of headphone performance in another thread here!
A lot of people really hate the W5000 but that is probably because they listen to music that it was not designed for.
- W5000 Owners' Amp Registry
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 53 seconds ago
- › Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair... 54 seconds ago
- › How to equalize your headphones: A Tutorial 1 minute ago
- › Jakarta Get-Together - August 2014 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)