I just got the HA5000. Compared to the m-Stage I used before, the difference is actually massive. The music sounds effortless (not as effortless as electrostats), and the female vocals are mesmerizing. Every word sang from a girl does not sound like a play back from a headphone, but the music flows around you. Simply amazing.
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/20/11
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 9/20/11
- brandDarkvoicetagged by System, 9/20/11
- productGraham Slee Solo SRG IItagged by System, 9/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/20/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/20/11
- productHeadRoom Ultra Desktop DACtagged by System, 9/20/11
- productMeier Audio Corda Opera DAC/Amptagged by System, 9/20/11
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 9/20/11
- productWoo Audio 3+ Redtagged by System, 9/20/11More
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 9/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Can't decide on a tube amp for HD600's Last post on 11/27/12 at 7:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
W5000 Owners' Amp Registry - Page 13post #181 of 1824/5/13 at 4:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 1825/20/13 at 4:16am
I tried these headphones (W5000) on a audio-gd nfb 5.32. Very good results with violin and other string based classical music.
I found them to be better than the HD800 for some 'string' based tracks (in terms of string clarity sound). Nearly got crucified for
mentioning this one aspect of headphone performance in another thread here!
A lot of people really hate the W5000 but that is probably because they listen to music that it was not designed for.
- W5000 Owners' Amp Registry
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Why boosting 30 Hz by 30 dB sounds so good... 36 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Questyle QP1 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES 4 minutes ago
- › Does this headphone exist !? 4 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 4 minutes ago
- › audioaffair.co.uk not sending my headphones, crappy customer... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2