I just got the HA5000. Compared to the m-Stage I used before, the difference is actually massive. The music sounds effortless (not as effortless as electrostats), and the female vocals are mesmerizing. Every word sang from a girl does not sound like a play back from a headphone, but the music flows around you. Simply amazing.
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/20/11
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 9/20/11
- brandDarkvoicetagged by System, 9/20/11
- productGraham Slee Solo SRG IItagged by System, 9/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/20/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/20/11
- productHeadRoom Ultra Desktop DACtagged by System, 9/20/11
- productMeier Audio Corda Opera DAC/Amptagged by System, 9/20/11
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 9/20/11
- productWoo Audio 3+ Redtagged by System, 9/20/11More
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 9/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Can't decide on a tube amp for HD600's Last post on 11/27/12 at 7:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
W5000 Owners' Amp Registry - Page 13post #181 of 1824/5/13 at 4:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 1825/20/13 at 4:16am
I tried these headphones (W5000) on a audio-gd nfb 5.32. Very good results with violin and other string based classical music.
I found them to be better than the HD800 for some 'string' based tracks (in terms of string clarity sound). Nearly got crucified for
mentioning this one aspect of headphone performance in another thread here!
A lot of people really hate the W5000 but that is probably because they listen to music that it was not designed for.
- W5000 Owners' Amp Registry
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 55 seconds ago
- › New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+ 1 minute ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 5 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Did Klipsch Make Headphone for Music before Beyerdynamic 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 6 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 8 minutes ago
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear