- 149 Posts. Joined 8/2009
- Location: Kirkland, WA, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSennheiser HD25SPII Sennheiser HD25-SP Studio Monitor Headphonetagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for Movie Scores/ Classical/ Symphonies Last post on 7/29/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm a total whack job. Are you? Last post on 8/29/11 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are headphones like washing powder? Last post on 9/26/13 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- "Best" Piano/Classical full-sized headphones for 350$ or less? Last post on 8/11/11 at 10:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- At what price/pojint does the vaule for the money become riduclous? Last post on 10/14/13 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Is anyone happy with just one headphone? - Page 12post #166 of 1697/25/11 at 9:53pmI could easily live with just my UM Miracles. More comfortable more portable as much details and at least equal (although sometimes different) presentation to anything else I've heard or own. Also more forgiving of source. Only downside is longer time to take on and off in a situation of constant interruptions
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 1697/25/11 at 10:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Redcarmoose
You have a figured out front end? You are going to have to let us all in on that. To tell you the truth I may not be so particular in headphones. The Denons are like a work truck. They just get the job done. I do wonder what LCD-2s sound like! I'm a long way away from any meets! If I was in town I would have made the last LA meet you guys had.
Yes, You can always get another pair of 7000s. I bet though you really don't miss them much! They did perform better with some changes made later in my system to remove the slugeshness and ghetto bass!
You're right, with my current setup I don't REALLY miss the 7000's. They were a fun ride while I had them though....
System finally has me happy. MacBook Pro>>>M2Tech Young DAC with external power supply>>>Lector Zoe tube preamp>>>one off custom tube amp with headphone out>>>LCD-2's. Sweet musical happiness...
I hope island life is treating you very well....post #168 of 1697/25/11 at 10:51pm
- Is anyone happy with just one headphone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 52 seconds ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP (Release Imminent) - Product Information and... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short... 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Pre-Sale $150 Voucher, Video,... 5 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 5 minutes ago
- › Sound Quality Sony NWZ A15 vs iPhone 6 Plus 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2