Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Apple Shoots me down. [need a new mp3 player]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple Shoots me down. [need a new mp3 player] - Page 2

post #16 of 25
vulc4nsays:
Quote:
Well, after talking to appplecare early this week and hearing your responses I was pretty confident they would replace it
I am very sorry. I would also try another store before a gave-up. Lastly, I would return the Nano to Apple and tell them it was their idea.

Dear Apple:

Pursuant to your recent conversation, please find the enclosed Nano.Would you kindly fix same and return to address provided.

Sincerely Yours,

vulc4n

TheMarchingMule says:
Quote:
Nonono, it's spelled "ignorant jerk."
Who are you calling a Jerk, Jackass?
post #17 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pds6 View Post
vulc4nsays:


I am very sorry. I would also try another store before a gave-up. Lastly, I would return the Nano to Apple and tell them it was their idea.

Dear Apple:

Pursuant to your recent conversation, please find the enclosed Nano.Would you kindly fix same and return to address provided.

Sincerely Yours,

vulc4n

TheMarchingMule says:

Who are you calling a Jerk, Jackass?
Its irrelevant now, looks liek the American Express 1yr extended warranty is going to cover it.
post #18 of 25
vulc4nsays:
Quote:
American Express
Hooray for American Express.

I'm very happy!
post #19 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pds6 View Post
vulc4nsays:

Hooray for American Express.

I'm very happy!
indeed.

My black Zune was ordered just moments ago for $226.33 shipped.

EDIT: and the conversion from FLAC to WMAL has begun... haha.
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulc4n View Post
indeed.

My black Zune was ordered just moments ago for $226.33 shipped.

EDIT: and the conversion from FLAC to WMAL has begun... haha.
Just a word of warning: the Zune [computer] software supports WMAL...but the Zune player does not. Lossless files will be auto-transcoded on sync. According to zuneinsider.com, Microsoft is "looking into" adding lossless support to the player.
post #21 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Just a word of warning: the Zune [computer] software supports WMAL...but the Zune player does not. Lossless files will be auto-transcoded on sync. According to zuneinsider.com, Microsoft is "looking into" adding lossless support to the player.
Yeah, I realize that and that is what I want to happen. The purpose of the conversion to to WMAL is so the zune software can access my library, because AFAIK there is no way for it to work with FLAC files.
post #22 of 25
Did you consider any other players besides the Zune first. To be honest there are alot of better choices out there. Take Creative Vision M for example. If you're looking for a music player the Vision M may be a better choice than the Zune.
post #23 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalbath3737 View Post
Did you consider any other players besides the Zune first. To be honest there are alot of better choices out there. Take Creative Vision M for example. If you're looking for a music player the Vision M may be a better choice than the Zune.
I did, and I like the zune the most out of all the hard drive players. The only other hard drive player that really came close to what I want is the X5, and its directory based navigation is not really what I'm looking for. The Zune is different, has an awesome interface on the unit itself and simple controls which do away with touch pads. I think its just a matter of time before the right people start working on hacking the zune and we see some really cool stuff. On the other hand, I'm sure MS is working on fixing many of the current shortcomings as well.

What do you think makes the Vision M better? Battery life? Form factor? Media support?
post #24 of 25
i certainly don't like zvm form factor. it's just kinda thick. the zune is kinda thick as well but it's 3" screen makes up for it. when comparing the zune screen with that of zvm or ipod, it's gigantic.

post impressions of the zune. btw, i would have gone with brown. did you get it at amazon?
post #25 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattanproj View Post
i certainly don't like zvm form factor. it's just kinda thick. the zune is kinda thick as well but it's 3" screen makes up for it. when comparing the zune screen with that of zvm or ipod, it's gigantic.

post impressions of the zune. btw, i would have gone with brown. did you get it at amazon?
I actually ended up ordering it through buy.com using google checkout (extra 20.00 off). Total came to 226.33. I don't really like the brown, but to each their own.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Apple Shoots me down. [need a new mp3 player]