Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours › 2007 International Head-Fi Meet Forum › Registration is now CLOSED for the 2007 International Head-Fi Meet
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Registration is now CLOSED for the 2007 International Head-Fi Meet - Page 2  

post #16 of 167
Thread Starter 
We do plan to have tickets available at the door unless the event is sold out.

Pre-registration, however, is strongly encouraged. It helps us with event planning and helps us to make the event attractive to vendors and sponsors.

Pricing is subject to change up to and including the days of the event. We aren't planning to change the pricing, but if we discover at some point that our financial models are out of step with reality, we'll need to do what we can to realign them. Pricing adjustments won't affect people who have already registered.

We don't have a plan to offer single-day pricing. Philosophically there's the idea that the Meet is designed as a single two-day whole rather than a set of separable parts (though of course we know some people won't attend all of it); and there's the practical issue of what a day-pass actually means in an environment where, traditionally, quite a lot of activity continues well past midnight and a non-negligible subset are still Head-Fi'ing past dawn.

...and quite honestly, we're also trying to keep it simple from an organizational point of view. A single type of admission at two possible prices is something I think we can deal with, but beyond that it starts getting hard to administer properly and police consistently and fairly, especially when we're operating with an all-volunteer staff. This may seem like a small point now, but on the days of the event we expect things to be pretty crazy.

*n_maher, I know this doesn't mean you. I'm expounding generically.
post #17 of 167
registration complete! see you guys there!

btw i met 1911 in vegas this week. he's a horndog. and he didn't bring the HHF-1.
post #18 of 167
Thats me registered,
consider it an early Xmas present to myself
post #19 of 167
I'm in. See everyone there in April.

Thanks for the convenient registration procedure.
post #20 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahn View Post
registration complete! see you guys there!

btw i met 1911 in vegas this week. he's a horndog. and he didn't bring the HHF-1.
HornyHF-1 ?

-Ed
post #21 of 167
I just signed up, see you all there!

While I was at it, I re-upped my contributing member status as well...
post #22 of 167
Is there any issue with purchasing TWO registrations??? Would like to treat a friend and make a convert out of him... Thanks!
post #23 of 167
Thread Starter 

Please no multiple registrations

At this point I have to ask you not to register multiple times (as in "one for me and one for..."). We are using the registration system to tie your payment to your user name, and this will be tied to your badge. I don't want somebody who's not you wearing a badge with your username on it.

We will work out a system for preregistering non-members if there is sufficient demand for this and if it looks like there's any danger of the meet actually filling up. Until then, please hold off on the guest registrations. We'll either do those registrations at the door, or we'll announce a system for them.
post #24 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by agile_one View Post
....Thanks for the convenient registration procedure.
I think that was episiarch's idea. Thanks for the idea on that, Michael.
post #25 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRBJackson View Post
I just signed up, see you all there!

While I was at it, I re-upped my contributing member status as well...
Ya, me too! I was trying to figure out when the last time was that I had sent money as a contributing member, but figured it was about time. If we keep this National Meet sign up system in place for future years, I'll just re-up my contributing member status each time another grand event rolls around!
post #26 of 167
Neat and clean, hooray for being a student. How much ahead of time is it suggested to register a night in the hotel? And are the activities day only? Cause I am insane enough to just pull an all-nighter for that weekend.
post #27 of 167
I really wanted to make it, and I do appreciate the offers I recieved to stay with head-fi'ers locally... but I don't think the funds will be there this year. Trying to justify a $650 plane ticket to take a vacation with my headphones is kind of hard. I hope you all have a good meet and I hope to make the next one.
post #28 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by philodox View Post
I really wanted to make it, and I do appreciate the offers I recieved to stay with head-fi'ers locally... but I don't think the funds will be there this year. Trying to justify a $650 plane ticket to take a vacation with my headphones is kind of hard. I hope you all have a good meet and I hope to make the next one.
I'd be willing to put up half of your plane ticket if you really want to come (well, that and I'd love to hear your K340).
post #29 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post
I'd be willing to put up half of your plane ticket if you really want to come (well, that and I'd love to hear your K340).
The generosity of people on head-fi never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks so much for the offer, but I don't think I can accept it. I would feel too guilty putting you out for $300 just because the combination of Christmas and my new amp put me over budget.
post #30 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by philodox View Post
The generosity of people on head-fi never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks so much for the offer, but I don't think I can accept it. I would feel too guilty putting you out for $300 just because the combination of Christmas and my new amp put me over budget.
who is going to share a table with me Jason you and Mike are the only one's that are willing to put up with me

besides we NEED to hear that amp of yours
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours › 2007 International Head-Fi Meet Forum › Registration is now CLOSED for the 2007 International Head-Fi Meet