Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsored Threads and Group Buys › Member of the Trade Sponsored Threads Forum › Member of the Trade Sponsored Threads Forum ARCHIVE › Extreme Performance! Introducing the new Singlepower Extreme Amplifier.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Extreme Performance! Introducing the new Singlepower Extreme Amplifier. - Page 3  

post #31 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob N View Post
Just to be clear you need a 2c51 adaptor for 2c51/5670/396A's.

Have you got any WE 396A's?
No .... I could have bought some but I wanted to see how good the Tung Sol 2c51's sound first.
post #32 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post
Earl,

Mikhail said he was shipping three today or tomarrow. Yours was one. Placed my order today for a Platinum w/Blackgate output upgrade. Was looking at the gain switch but Mikhail felt that tube selection would have more impact on current needs. Each manufacturer phones will match up with specific tubes so I'll probably change them anyway.

If yours was ordered on the 8th and is being shipped, how about that for service. The holidays may slow that speed some but I don't mind. To know such a fine amp is coming is a thrill. And in less than 3 months.

Spiritual peace to all.
Have any more been shipped?
post #33 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacd lover View Post
No .... I could have bought some but I wanted to see how good the Tung Sol 2c51's sound first.
Have you tried the 2c51 yet? Little bitty thing with biggest soundstage yet on my MPX3 with K340s a little smoothe maybe I only had it in for a short while as Mikhail sent me 8 new tubes. .
post #34 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmaxx View Post
Have you tried the 2c51 yet? Little bitty thing with biggest soundstage yet on my MPX3 with K340s a little smoothe maybe I only had it in for a short while as Mikhail sent me 8 new tubes. .

I have the 2c51 adapter on order. I think I am going to order the ECC type 2 today. The 2c51 is the highest transconductance tube ever made. When you say smooth .... do you mean laid back or less defined or something else?
post #35 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacd lover View Post
I have the 2c51 adapter on order. I think I am going to order the ECC type 2 today. The 2c51 is the highest transconductance tube ever made. When you say smooth .... do you mean laid back or less defined or something else?
"highest transconductance" What does that mean?

I am going out on a limb here only listened for a short while with the K340.

2c51 tube with 6Bl7 out put tubes. (Makhail told me today that my output tubes run at 400V.)

The first thing I noticed is the soundstage was huge with the 2c51.

Earl with the 5687 toung soul I was using there was a sence of the sound stage trailing off as if you were using speakers in a room that was too big, and the more I turned up the volume the bigger the sound stage got and the fuller the room got. But the volume was hearting my ears. Does this Make sence!

When I tried the 2c51 the sound stage was full i.e.The room felt like the speakers were filling the room with rich full music at a much lower volume.

My next thought was the micro detail was much better, page turning on the Diana Krall christmas cd was quite evident her little grunts and breathing were there if you wanted to enjoy that kind of thing as I do.

The only thing I thought was missing but I think I need more time for a proper review was the impact of the precusion instermants,(smoothe) there was not the attack of the drum strikes that I crave.

The string bass was great you could here the guys fingers slip off the string and then the rich tight! bass and you can hear all the different bass cords and notes like never before.

The piano was sparkling as her playing style always is the high notes were tight tight tight and never hurt your ears O they sparkel with this tube combo. The bass side of the piano was also a delight tight and the notes so well defined, pristine. Sound.

Ask away that all I can think of I need to listen to something else music wise I also listened to a KD lang CD 49 parallel femail voices excell with this tube combo. My amp sounds like what Mikhail discribes when he talks about the supra "reallistic".

So earl with my new ballanced supra on the way maybe the extra punch I crave will show up! What do you think?

The K340 love power lots of power. The Sennheiser 650 did not like the 2c51 the stepped attunerator was on like the 3ed or 4th click and just did not do them justice:........ but the new to me ECC88 tube I can listen for hours no fatgue with the 650 detail and air in spades great all around tube for 650s My new favorite tube combo ECC88/6BL7 for HD650 cardis cable.

Added:...For slam and attack RCA,12AV7 wow! With HD650 and the K340,just wow!
post #36 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacd lover View Post
The 2c51 is the highest transconductance tube ever made.
Are you sure?

It's only 5500 micromhos the WE 417A is 25,000 micromhos and there's one tube that's around 58,000 micromhos!!

It's the 7788/E810F pentode with a transconductance of 50,000 micromhos
post #37 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob N View Post
Are you sure?

It's only 5500 micromhos the WE 417A is 25,000 micromhos and there's one tube that's around 58,000 micromhos!!

I could be wrong. I was told that and I didnt really research the comment. That will teach me.
post #38 of 117
Earl:........

Did you get any sleep yet! How are the impressions on the new amp coming?

I talked to Mikhail yesterday, he can't say enough good things about the new amp. He is so proud of his Extreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SACDLOVER
"highest transconductance"
What does that mean? Mikhail?/Earl?
post #39 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmaxx View Post
Earl:........

Did you get any sleep yet! How are the impressions on the new amp coming?

I talked to Mikhail yesterday, he can't say enough good things about the new amp. He is so proud of his Extreme.

What does that mean? Mikhail?/Earl?
Quick update:

Not a lot. I am still listening with the 7n7/5998 combo. I like this amp with my modded sr-80 grados. In fact, I bought a pair of Alessandro M2Si's last night. The senn 595's sound seriously good with rock too.

I will get back to you with the definition.
post #40 of 117
Man ... talk about bad luck. A major snow storm hits Denver and pretty much shuts down the town. No one can get to work so I bet this sets back his timetable atleast several days.
post #41 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacd lover View Post
Man ... talk about bad luck. A major snow storm hits Denver and pretty much shuts down the town. No one can get to work so I bet this sets back his timetable atleast several days.
Damn...anyone would think it's winter
post #42 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacd lover View Post
Man ... talk about bad luck. A major snow storm hits Denver and pretty much shuts down the town. No one can get to work so I bet this sets back his timetable atleast several days.
well now i feel like an idiot.

i called him a couple times today, and sat staring at my phone waiting for him to call me back... yea, this makes lots of sense.

on a scale of 0 to 7 with 7 being a less thoughtful maneuver on my part, this is about a 5.

when i spoke with him on Monday he was very helpful.
post #43 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikongod View Post
well now i feel like an idiot.

i called him a couple times today, and sat staring at my phone waiting for him to call me back... yea, this makes lots of sense.

on a scale of 0 to 7 with 7 being a less thoughtful maneuver on my part, this is about a 5.

when i spoke with him on Monday he was very helpful.
Denver is completely shut down .... and it is still snowing according to the weather reports. The "Beast" got out of town just in time.
post #44 of 117
Looks like I won't be getting any of my orders until the new year,but as they say good things come to those who wait.

Anyone know if the weather conditions are likely to improve soon?
post #45 of 117
I have family in Denver, apparently more snow is expected next week. We'll see what happens .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsored Threads and Group Buys › Member of the Trade Sponsored Threads Forum › Member of the Trade Sponsored Threads Forum ARCHIVE › Extreme Performance! Introducing the new Singlepower Extreme Amplifier.