Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsored Threads and Group Buys › Member of the Trade Sponsored Threads Forum › Member of the Trade Sponsored Threads Forum ARCHIVE › Extreme Performance! Introducing the new Singlepower Extreme Amplifier.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Extreme Performance! Introducing the new Singlepower Extreme Amplifier. - Page 2  

post #16 of 117
Quote:
.... mine should ship out tomorrow and be here by the weekend.

Impressions to follow .....

Can't wait to hear your impressions! This amp has me very interested, even though I didn't consider myself to be in the market for another amp until... I saw Mikhail's posting. Oh well, that's what I get for hanging around these boards.
post #17 of 117
Wow that is sick. Wish I had the funds to be able to buy one of those.
post #18 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacd lover View Post
Well my stock Extreme is done. But he does not have the "Extreme badges" done yet. He was waiting to add the badge before shipping the amp. I told him to skip the badge .... he can mail it to me later. So .... mine should ship out tomorrow and be here by the weekend.

Impressions to follow .....
Is yours the only one complete so far?
post #19 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob N View Post
Is yours the only one complete so far?
I dont know for sure. He has a couple but some were test samples for sound quality comparisons.
post #20 of 117

mikhail is an enemy

after months of observation i have to say he is the biggest enemy to our wallets and wives and mums
post #21 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacd lover View Post
I dont know for sure. He has a couple but some were test samples for sound quality comparisons.
Earl,

Mikhail said he was shipping three today or tomarrow. Yours was one. Placed my order today for a Platinum w/Blackgate output upgrade. Was looking at the gain switch but Mikhail felt that tube selection would have more impact on current needs. Each manufacturer phones will match up with specific tubes so I'll probably change them anyway.

If yours was ordered on the 8th and is being shipped, how about that for service. The holidays may slow that speed some but I don't mind. To know such a fine amp is coming is a thrill. And in less than 3 months.

Spiritual peace to all.
post #22 of 117
It looks amazing!
I just got some K701s recently and would love to get this amp, but which tubes would be best to use with the K701s?
post #23 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT33 View Post
It looks amazing!
I just got some K701s recently and would love to get this amp, but which tubes would be best to use with the K701s?
why don't you give Mikhail a call. i'm sure he'll be happy to answer your questions and help tailor the amp to your tastes.
post #24 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveDerek View Post
why don't you give Mikhail a call. i'm sure he'll be happy to answer your questions and help tailor the amp to your tastes.
Hey wait untill after Christmas my Ballanced Supra is on the work bench over at singlepower. I would love it for Christmas since it is a gift from my boss! "Just kidding! You can call him but keep it short. Too much coffee this morning."
post #25 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT33 View Post
It looks amazing!
I just got some K701s recently and would love to get this amp, but which tubes would be best to use with the K701s?


Me too.
post #26 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT33 View Post
It looks amazing!
I just got some K701s recently and would love to get this amp, but which tubes would be best to use with the K701s?
For low impedence headphones like the 701 he is recommending the 6080 output tube. This tube will pass nearly twice as much current as the 5998/7236 types.

For gain you have a HUGE number of choice. The 6as7/6080 types tubes best for the 701 have a low gain so the gain tubes like the 6414 series with higher gain should be good matches. However, a good tube like a quality 6sn7, 6cg7,6gu7 will work well too.

I cant wait to get this amp on my Senns.
post #27 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacd lover View Post

I cant wait to get this amp on my Senns.
What tubes will you be using?
post #28 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomana View Post
What tubes will you be using?
I will be using 5998 output tubes for my high impedence Senns .... and probably for my Grados or AKG's as well. The 6080 is recommended for the Grados but the 5998 should have plenty+ power for the Grados. The 6080 recommendation may have been made more because of sound quality synergy than the added current drive of the 6080 tube; not sure.

Furthermore, I paid to have an overkill 14 amp power transformer added to my Extreme .... so the amp really is extreme. So, I plan on trying out the uber powerful 6528 output tubes in the amp too.

Please note: YOU ..... can not .... use the stock Extreme or Extreme Platinum with 6528 output tubes because they draw to much heater current.

For gain I am going to start out with some of the 6414 series tubes .... probably a Amperex 7062 or a RCA 12av7 or RCA 5965 .... so many choices.

I ordered one of the new type 2 ECC adapters and I have a nice stash of Tung Sol 2C51's and various 5670's ready to go too.
post #29 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacd lover View Post
For low impedence headphones like the 701 he is recommending the 6080 output tube. This tube will pass nearly twice as much current as the 5998/7236 types.

For gain you have a HUGE number of choice. The 6as7/6080 types tubes best for the 701 have a low gain so the gain tubes like the 6414 series with higher gain should be good matches. However, a good tube like a quality 6sn7, 6cg7,6gu7 will work well too.

I cant wait to get this amp on my Senns.
Thanks! 6AS7/6080 it is, I can't wait to hear it
post #30 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacd lover View Post
I ordered one of the new type 2 ECC adapters and I have a nice stash of Tung Sol 2C51's and various 5670's ready to go too.
Just to be clear you need a 2c51 adaptor for 2c51/5670/396A's.

Have you got any WE 396A's?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsored Threads and Group Buys › Member of the Trade Sponsored Threads Forum › Member of the Trade Sponsored Threads Forum ARCHIVE › Extreme Performance! Introducing the new Singlepower Extreme Amplifier.