Oh boy, i am more confused now than when i started the thread, lol.
The thing is this:
- i can get the K1000 @ 500-600 Euro, on ebay Germany.
- the K701 are @ 250-300 Euro here.
- i don't have an amp and dac (only my revo 5.1), YET. My buy order is this: 1. Headphones, 2. Amp, 3. DAC.
- a good and matching amp&dac will follow, either for K701 or K1000.
- i don't plan to change headphones (and amps\dacs, etc) like crazy in the future. I am planning to stay away from the endless money pit as far as i can.
- since i don't have a proper room (and money) for a GOOD set of speakers, i'm looking for the next best thing that can get me close to the speaker type sound.
- i CAN'T listen before i buy.
As i said before, it seems i don't have such trained ears as most audiophiles, so if i make the effort to buy the K1000, i aspect to notice the difference on the spot, not having to listening for weeks to make up my mind on which is better of the two.
Buy a Heed and the 701s for the price of the K-1000 used unamped; And know you have new components with at least all of 90% sonically vs. what you may eventually attain spending more for used. And develop a well balanced system with which to enjoy your daily musical journey.