Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS - Page 48

post #706 of 2460
It's a wonder Head-Fi doesn't have an age restriction... All the other sides with pronographic content do.
post #707 of 2460
lmao I would have hit you had you said that in person
post #708 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Massacre View Post
Hello there,
Hey, that cost me nearly nothing aside from the wood, I even had a set of pads laying around and I have learned something, good stuff!
Really nice work, for sure !
post #709 of 2460
Amazing work Charles, especially for your first wood project!
post #710 of 2460
GM, those Grado mods look fantastics, how does it sound?
post #711 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleEs View Post
GM, those Grado mods look fantastics, how does it sound?
Hello DoubleEs,

The sonic improvement is beyond what I was thinking.

I feel that the metal cup is making the really detailed high/mid/bass and the thick wood cup is making everything sound so smooth, the bass is GREATLY improved it is much more impactful. I must try out leather pads! Someone sell me a pair I am looking for some, black/cognac would look good!

I find that the bass is close to the stock 770 pro but more detailed. Another big improvement is the soundstage, I really have the impression of being in a much bigger room, the 3d positioning is impressive now. Basically this little mod made those cans to the next level!

The headband is hurting now since the cans are much heavier, I will probably install a Beyer headband to fix that issue!

Charles
post #712 of 2460



My Black Darths are on their way. These are Larry's pics. The pad will be changed to the blacks. New pics will follow. Thinking about adding the black or cognac leather pads. Yoohoo.....
post #713 of 2460
That's METAL! Add some black leather!!! Awesome pair!

Charles
post #714 of 2460
Someone actually referred to something as metal. Awesome. Those are good looking Beyers though, and I can agree, black earpads would look awesome.
post #715 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotan1 View Post



My Black Darths are on their way. These are Larry's pics. The pad will be changed to the blacks. New pics will follow. Thinking about adding the black or cognac leather pads. Yoohoo.....
Nice!
With black leather pads this pair will look a lot better, imo.
post #716 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotan1 View Post

That's so RadCore
post #717 of 2460
if i still have my black lether earpads,ill sell them to you..the darth will look so sick
post #718 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Massacre View Post
I find that the bass is close to the stock 770 pro but more detailed. Another big improvement is the soundstage, I really have the impression of being in a much bigger room, the 3d positioning is impressive now. Basically this little mod made those cans to the next level!

The headband is hurting now since the cans are much heavier, I will probably install a Beyer headband to fix that issue!
At the point, you might as well put the Beyer drivers in there as well. j/k
post #719 of 2460
Just little something I found on my doorstep this afternoon..

post #720 of 2460
Thread Starter 
I am JEALOUS!!! DAMN!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS