Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS - Page 164

post #2446 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post

Nice, man!!! Congrats. That surprises me because I've heard a lot of people complain about sub-bass distortion at high volumes with the DT770. My DT770 Premium 600 ohm definitely has it, its the only reason they aren't my favorite cans because other than that I love them and I particularly love their well extended, detailed, thumping bass. Do those cups allow more airflow than the stock cups? The sub-bass distortion in mine seems to be related to not having quite enough air flow to allow the drivers to push the air needed for really low sub-bass notes when the volume is cranked up really high.

Did you see the pictures of my deep cup Darths? You'd think with the added volume of the cups it helps. I think with the depth of the cups, the modifications he does to the drivers (which we don't know what they are), these things can really go deep. No distortion being fed by my vintage Pioneer amps.
post #2447 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

Ah yes, I know Mark. He did the Lawton mods to my D7000's, installed angle pads, and made them an amazing phone that is the equal of the Fostex TH600 I've been auditioning for the past week and a half. He does good work.

 

And I get to demo the TH600 next! :) Greatly looking forward to it.

post #2448 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

Did you see the pictures of my deep cup Darths? You'd think with the added volume of the cups it helps. I think with the depth of the cups, the modifications he does to the drivers (which we don't know what they are), these things can really go deep. No distortion being fed by my vintage Pioneer amps.

 

Nice. Yeah that makes sense. Well sh*t I might have to look more seriously into getting some darths...

post #2449 of 2460

By the way, how do your Darths and those TH600's compare, particularly in the bass and sub-bass?

post #2450 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post

And I get to demo the TH600 next! smily_headphones1.gif Greatly looking forward to it.

Cool! I'm the one who has them right now.

Shipping UPS tomorrow! I think you'll love them.........
post #2451 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post

By the way, how do your Darths and those TH600's compare, particularly in the bass and sub-bass?

The TH600 is a bit more refined but the DB can certainly go lower/deeper. Mid bass probably goes to the TH600. Both are satisfying and fun. Since the best bass can you have is the DT770 thenTH600 will be a nice step up.
post #2452 of 2460

Does anyone know if headphile will mod an existing pair of DT770 LEs? Can't find contact info on the site...

post #2453 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post

Does anyone know if headphile will mod an existing pair of DT770 LEs? Can't find contact info on the site...

 

I'm sure they will. info@headphile.com

post #2454 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post

Does anyone know if headphile will mod an existing pair of DT770 LEs? Can't find contact info on the site...


I think so.  Shoot him an email.  He's quick to respond from my limited time asking him questions.  Good idea.................

post #2455 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRay View Post

Good eye novacav!
Yes, they are Lawton LA7000 in Kalantus Cedar.
The Lawton
’s are as good, maybe even a little better than the LCD2’s.
I’m constantly going back and forth between the two.



dscn2242800x600.jpg

Huh! That's amazing - mine were MD5000s, but I loved them all the same haha. If you are ever looking to sell them, you know who to PM L3000.gif

post #2456 of 2460

Awesome, thanks :) If I jump for it I'll be posting pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post

 

I'm sure they will. info@headphile.com

post #2457 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by novacav View Post

Huh! That's amazing - mine were MD5000s, but I loved them all the same haha. If you are ever looking to sell them, you know who to PM L3000.gif

 

In the famous words of Charlton Heston, modified a little.

 

I’ll give you my LA7000's when you pry it from my cold, dead hands" 

atsmile.gif

 

 

 

 


Edited by CrazyRay - 8/21/13 at 10:17am
post #2458 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRay View Post

 

In the famous words of Charlton Heston, modified a little.

 

I’ll give you my LA7000's when you pry it from my cold, dead hands" 

atsmile.gif

 

 

 

 


Ditto to that..................that's the one headphone of mine I think will never be sold.  It's that good. 

post #2459 of 2460

These are some of Darth Beyers too or not? I just like them so much, would love to buy: http://www.head-fi.org/t/425943/another-beyer-woody-the-chocolate

post #2460 of 2460

No cherepashka, those are not Darth Beyers.

Darth Beyers are only made by Larry @ Headphile.

 

http://www.headphile.com/index.html

 

1000

 

hd81lite2av6.jpg


Edited by CrazyRay - 12/3/13 at 9:23pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS