- 293 Posts. Joined 8/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Vintage beyer ID help Last post on 6/17/12 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Trouble with a Beyer Manufaktur Last post on 8/16/10 at 2:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vintage Beyer appreciation thread Last post on 10/15/11 at 11:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Official Grado-Beyerdynamic Fan Club (for those who love BOTH! :) Last post on 11/14/12 at 5:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread Last post on 12/17/13 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS - Page 160post #2386 of 246010/1/12 at 1:18amLarry just sent me an email, he's sending me pics of my headphones tomorrow and then he will be shipping them. Sweet!
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2387 of 246010/1/12 at 3:00amQuote:
Nice! Forward along your impressions!post #2388 of 246010/1/12 at 5:25pmpost #2389 of 246010/1/12 at 5:50pmpost #2390 of 246010/1/12 at 6:42pmpost #2391 of 246010/1/12 at 8:36pmpost #2392 of 246010/2/12 at 3:25ampost #2393 of 246010/2/12 at 4:15ampost #2394 of 246010/2/12 at 5:05ampost #2395 of 246010/2/12 at 7:31ampost #2396 of 246010/2/12 at 9:31am
I didn't pick the wood for looks but I think it actually doesn't look bad though. The light wood color with the black pads actually looks pretty good to me. My tracking is showing that they'll be here tomorrow. I'm waiting for my Burson Soloist to arrive as we speak, should be here some time today.post #2397 of 246010/3/12 at 6:15ampost #2398 of 246010/3/12 at 9:30ampost #2399 of 246010/4/12 at 10:39am
Still loving them, I love how there seems to be the perfect amount of highs with zero sibilance. They have never once sounded sibilant or metallic sounding like other bass heavy headphones like the XB's, or Pro 900's. They have the bass punch and the rumble, and voices in songs have never sounded overpowered by the bass. They don't sound like modded $150 headphones to me at all. I wish I still had my LCD-2's to compare.post #2400 of 246010/4/12 at 11:33amQuote:
I'm glad that you're enjoying them!
I've never tried a Sony XB outside of a short audition, but I did own the PRO-900 and agree that their treble sounds overtly metallic. The V4 smokes them in every way.
- POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread just now
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 58 seconds ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version updated on 6/9, can balance... 3 minutes ago
- › More Fiio X3 64GB MicroSD Issues! 5 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 5 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7506, 7509 or V6 ? 7 minutes ago
- › Do i really need to burn in my headphones? 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital