- 302 Posts. Joined 8/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Vintage beyer ID help Last post on 6/17/12 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Trouble with a Beyer Manufaktur Last post on 8/16/10 at 2:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vintage Beyer appreciation thread Last post on 10/15/11 at 11:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Official Grado-Beyerdynamic Fan Club (for those who love BOTH! :) Last post on 11/14/12 at 5:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread Last post on Today at 10:22 am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I was able to demo the PM-3 for a week as part of OPPO's loaner program. This is the second OPPO loaner I've tried (also auditioned the PM-1), and once again I'd like to thank Chris...
For the money they are extremely comfortable, sound great plugged into my Onkyo TX-8255 receiver playing either music or watching videos from my pc through the Onkyo. I know you can spend many...
Intro: I'm not all too technical about sound (which explains only the bass/mid/treble; I still need to add my thoughts on soundstage though). It's pretty much whether I like a product or I...
MEE audio M6 Pro Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to MEE audio for the sample Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806529/mee-audio-m6-pro-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A bargain...
Intro – There are many gadgets that are desirable but not practical; gadgets that are briefly enjoyed then forgotten over time. The RM1 is a very interesting product from Fiio that is quite the...
POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS - Page 159post #2371 of 24619/2/12 at 6:06pmSo I decided to get the odac and C421 2227 amp. Can't wait to hear what it all sounds like when I get everything.post #2372 of 24619/5/12 at 7:13pmpost #2373 of 24619/5/12 at 8:34pmQuote:
I quite enjoyed the V3 and V4. Unique sounding to be sure and stunningly beautiful in appearance.post #2374 of 24619/7/12 at 7:00am
They most certainly are NOT "garbage". I very much enjoyed them when I had them. They have a warm, bassy, relaxed sound, which is very often just the ticket :Dpost #2375 of 24619/18/12 at 5:31am
Don't know if I'll ever receive my Darth Beyers, every time the ship date comes up he changes the day to like 3 days later again and I'm not in the current shipment I'm in the next one. It said September 15th but then on the 15th he changed it to the 18th. Now that it is the 18th, he changed it to the 20th/21st. For my shipping timeline it shows October 1st so after he delays it a few times I'd expect it to ship on like the 10th. :(post #2376 of 24619/21/12 at 12:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Slickman
Don't know if I'll ever receive my Darth Beyers, every time the ship date comes up he changes the day to like 3 days later again and I'm not in the current shipment I'm in the next one. It said September 15th but then on the 15th he changed it to the 18th. Now that it is the 18th, he changed it to the 20th/21st. For my shipping timeline it shows October 1st so after he delays it a few times I'd expect it to ship on like the 10th. :(
And now that it is the 21st he changed it to the 24th. Hahaha!post #2377 of 24619/21/12 at 12:28pm
I'm sure it will arrive sooner than later. :) Hopefully. I'm looking forward to your impressions. It sounds like the Darth Beyers have gone out of style around here a bit but I must admit that a beautiful, wooden 770 with less recessed mids and overall better sound sounds like something I could really enjoy though the price is a bit high now that (supposedly) better closed cans are available at the same price or lower.post #2378 of 24619/21/12 at 12:46pmpost #2379 of 24619/21/12 at 1:13pmpost #2380 of 24619/21/12 at 1:38pm
I'll be running them on my Dacport LX and Burson Soloist amp. I'll be using all 3 components for the first time. Hopefully I will enjoy the sound. I'm hoping these are the ultimate basshead can, I have a good amount of experience with some of the bassiest cans out there. I've had the AH-D1100, XB700, XB1000, Pro 900, DT 770 Pro(stock), Deep cup V3 Darths, and LCD-2's.post #2381 of 24619/21/12 at 3:33pm
I got the Korina wood strictly because I heard it has the best sound. I'm all about getting the best sound, I don't give a crap what they look like after I put them on it doesn't matter. Not that the Korina is ugly but I'm just saying. I actually think the lightness of the Korina will look pretty good with the black velour pads. I originally had the order for an 1/8" plug and like a week later I realised all the amps I'm interested in have a 1/4" plug so I asked Larry if he could change my order. He said he would change it with no charge! It was supposed to be $5 for the Neutrik 1/4" plug. I sent him the $5 anyway because I kind of felt bad about him not being fully paid for his work but that was still very nice of him to do that for me. I'm only posting this because people may see that on his site he says after 3 days there's no changes or refunds and might be scared to order from him but Larry actually is a really nice guy and he'll work with you.
Edited by Slickman - 9/21/12 at 3:35pmpost #2382 of 24619/21/12 at 5:01pmQuote:
Your opinion has been rendered invalid.Quote:
Weren't all V4s were built with korina chambers? At any rate, I personally find it beautiful.
Edited by Curly21029 - 9/21/12 at 5:10pmpost #2383 of 24619/21/12 at 5:37pmpost #2384 of 24619/24/12 at 6:27pmLooks like the shipment before mine finally shipped and it's still showing October 1st for mine to ship so hopefully they will ship then. If they do I'd have them by next Friday probably. What sucks is that I was only one day away from being in the last shipment. It doesn't matter though because I don't have my Soloist yet anyway.post #2385 of 24619/30/12 at 7:47pm
- POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 55 seconds ago
- › AUSDOM M05 With APT-X WorldWide Review ------Reviewers Wanted ! 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for great portable headphone or IEM match for iBasso DX80! 4 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › LZ-A3 (DIY triple hybrid) Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E by RockeyDA
- › Campfire Audio Orion by cleg
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse