- 293 Posts. Joined 8/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Vintage beyer ID help Last post on 6/17/12 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Trouble with a Beyer Manufaktur Last post on 8/16/10 at 2:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vintage Beyer appreciation thread Last post on 10/15/11 at 11:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Official Grado-Beyerdynamic Fan Club (for those who love BOTH! :) Last post on 11/14/12 at 5:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread Last post on 2/22/15 at 3:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Also, I have to apologize for some of the...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS - Page 159post #2371 of 24619/2/12 at 6:06pmSo I decided to get the odac and C421 2227 amp. Can't wait to hear what it all sounds like when I get everything.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2372 of 24619/5/12 at 7:13pmpost #2373 of 24619/5/12 at 8:34pmQuote:
I quite enjoyed the V3 and V4. Unique sounding to be sure and stunningly beautiful in appearance.post #2374 of 24619/7/12 at 7:00am
They most certainly are NOT "garbage". I very much enjoyed them when I had them. They have a warm, bassy, relaxed sound, which is very often just the ticket :Dpost #2375 of 24619/18/12 at 5:31am
Don't know if I'll ever receive my Darth Beyers, every time the ship date comes up he changes the day to like 3 days later again and I'm not in the current shipment I'm in the next one. It said September 15th but then on the 15th he changed it to the 18th. Now that it is the 18th, he changed it to the 20th/21st. For my shipping timeline it shows October 1st so after he delays it a few times I'd expect it to ship on like the 10th. :(post #2376 of 24619/21/12 at 12:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Slickman
Don't know if I'll ever receive my Darth Beyers, every time the ship date comes up he changes the day to like 3 days later again and I'm not in the current shipment I'm in the next one. It said September 15th but then on the 15th he changed it to the 18th. Now that it is the 18th, he changed it to the 20th/21st. For my shipping timeline it shows October 1st so after he delays it a few times I'd expect it to ship on like the 10th. :(
And now that it is the 21st he changed it to the 24th. Hahaha!post #2377 of 24619/21/12 at 12:28pm
I'm sure it will arrive sooner than later. :) Hopefully. I'm looking forward to your impressions. It sounds like the Darth Beyers have gone out of style around here a bit but I must admit that a beautiful, wooden 770 with less recessed mids and overall better sound sounds like something I could really enjoy though the price is a bit high now that (supposedly) better closed cans are available at the same price or lower.post #2378 of 24619/21/12 at 12:46pmpost #2379 of 24619/21/12 at 1:13pmpost #2380 of 24619/21/12 at 1:38pm
I'll be running them on my Dacport LX and Burson Soloist amp. I'll be using all 3 components for the first time. Hopefully I will enjoy the sound. I'm hoping these are the ultimate basshead can, I have a good amount of experience with some of the bassiest cans out there. I've had the AH-D1100, XB700, XB1000, Pro 900, DT 770 Pro(stock), Deep cup V3 Darths, and LCD-2's.post #2381 of 24619/21/12 at 3:33pm
I got the Korina wood strictly because I heard it has the best sound. I'm all about getting the best sound, I don't give a crap what they look like after I put them on it doesn't matter. Not that the Korina is ugly but I'm just saying. I actually think the lightness of the Korina will look pretty good with the black velour pads. I originally had the order for an 1/8" plug and like a week later I realised all the amps I'm interested in have a 1/4" plug so I asked Larry if he could change my order. He said he would change it with no charge! It was supposed to be $5 for the Neutrik 1/4" plug. I sent him the $5 anyway because I kind of felt bad about him not being fully paid for his work but that was still very nice of him to do that for me. I'm only posting this because people may see that on his site he says after 3 days there's no changes or refunds and might be scared to order from him but Larry actually is a really nice guy and he'll work with you.
Edited by Slickman - 9/21/12 at 3:35pmpost #2382 of 24619/21/12 at 5:01pmQuote:
Your opinion has been rendered invalid.Quote:
Weren't all V4s were built with korina chambers? At any rate, I personally find it beautiful.
Edited by Curly21029 - 9/21/12 at 5:10pmpost #2383 of 24619/21/12 at 5:37pmpost #2384 of 24619/24/12 at 6:27pmLooks like the shipment before mine finally shipped and it's still showing October 1st for mine to ship so hopefully they will ship then. If they do I'd have them by next Friday probably. What sucks is that I was only one day away from being in the last shipment. It doesn't matter though because I don't have my Soloist yet anyway.post #2385 of 24619/30/12 at 7:47pm
- POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Looking for a solid can (£150+) just now
- › Best headphones for a certain type of music 2 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 29 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Do I need an AMP (Fiio X1, Marshall Monitors, E11k) 4 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3