- 293 Posts. Joined 8/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Vintage beyer ID help Last post on 6/17/12 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Trouble with a Beyer Manufaktur Last post on 8/16/10 at 2:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vintage Beyer appreciation thread Last post on 10/15/11 at 11:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Official Grado-Beyerdynamic Fan Club (for those who love BOTH! :) Last post on 11/14/12 at 5:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread Last post on 5/1/15 at 1:48am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
After being impressed with the value of the MEElectronics M6 Pro, I wanted to take a look at a bassier IEM from the same company. The M-Duo is a dual dynamic driver earphone with a separate...
Equipment Spotify Premium Firestone Audio Fubar 2 DAC Firestone Audio Cute Battery 2 amp Build and comfort I upgraded to these from Audio-Technica ATH-M50s. I very much like the sound...
Fiio X3 V2 World Tour 2015, UK. Let me begin by saying that this Fiio X3 v2 is on lend to me for a short time as part of the world tour of 2015, the unit does not belong to me and I have no...
One day before a long trip I found out that my earbuds was blown out, so I went to one near store to find some quick replacement, then I choose these because there was none of my...
I bought these headphones love / hate with the taste of the challenge. I learned that in Germany have discovered a reversible change to free the low and I started the monkey. I got them used to not...
POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS - Page 159post #2371 of 24619/2/12 at 6:06pmSo I decided to get the odac and C421 2227 amp. Can't wait to hear what it all sounds like when I get everything.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2372 of 24619/5/12 at 7:13pmpost #2373 of 24619/5/12 at 8:34pmQuote:
I quite enjoyed the V3 and V4. Unique sounding to be sure and stunningly beautiful in appearance.post #2374 of 24619/7/12 at 7:00am
They most certainly are NOT "garbage". I very much enjoyed them when I had them. They have a warm, bassy, relaxed sound, which is very often just the ticket :Dpost #2375 of 24619/18/12 at 5:31am
Don't know if I'll ever receive my Darth Beyers, every time the ship date comes up he changes the day to like 3 days later again and I'm not in the current shipment I'm in the next one. It said September 15th but then on the 15th he changed it to the 18th. Now that it is the 18th, he changed it to the 20th/21st. For my shipping timeline it shows October 1st so after he delays it a few times I'd expect it to ship on like the 10th. :(post #2376 of 24619/21/12 at 12:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Slickman
Don't know if I'll ever receive my Darth Beyers, every time the ship date comes up he changes the day to like 3 days later again and I'm not in the current shipment I'm in the next one. It said September 15th but then on the 15th he changed it to the 18th. Now that it is the 18th, he changed it to the 20th/21st. For my shipping timeline it shows October 1st so after he delays it a few times I'd expect it to ship on like the 10th. :(
And now that it is the 21st he changed it to the 24th. Hahaha!post #2377 of 24619/21/12 at 12:28pm
I'm sure it will arrive sooner than later. :) Hopefully. I'm looking forward to your impressions. It sounds like the Darth Beyers have gone out of style around here a bit but I must admit that a beautiful, wooden 770 with less recessed mids and overall better sound sounds like something I could really enjoy though the price is a bit high now that (supposedly) better closed cans are available at the same price or lower.post #2378 of 24619/21/12 at 12:46pmpost #2379 of 24619/21/12 at 1:13pmpost #2380 of 24619/21/12 at 1:38pm
I'll be running them on my Dacport LX and Burson Soloist amp. I'll be using all 3 components for the first time. Hopefully I will enjoy the sound. I'm hoping these are the ultimate basshead can, I have a good amount of experience with some of the bassiest cans out there. I've had the AH-D1100, XB700, XB1000, Pro 900, DT 770 Pro(stock), Deep cup V3 Darths, and LCD-2's.post #2381 of 24619/21/12 at 3:33pm
I got the Korina wood strictly because I heard it has the best sound. I'm all about getting the best sound, I don't give a crap what they look like after I put them on it doesn't matter. Not that the Korina is ugly but I'm just saying. I actually think the lightness of the Korina will look pretty good with the black velour pads. I originally had the order for an 1/8" plug and like a week later I realised all the amps I'm interested in have a 1/4" plug so I asked Larry if he could change my order. He said he would change it with no charge! It was supposed to be $5 for the Neutrik 1/4" plug. I sent him the $5 anyway because I kind of felt bad about him not being fully paid for his work but that was still very nice of him to do that for me. I'm only posting this because people may see that on his site he says after 3 days there's no changes or refunds and might be scared to order from him but Larry actually is a really nice guy and he'll work with you.
Edited by Slickman - 9/21/12 at 3:35pmpost #2382 of 24619/21/12 at 5:01pmQuote:
Your opinion has been rendered invalid.Quote:
Weren't all V4s were built with korina chambers? At any rate, I personally find it beautiful.
Edited by Curly21029 - 9/21/12 at 5:10pmpost #2383 of 24619/21/12 at 5:37pmpost #2384 of 24619/24/12 at 6:27pmLooks like the shipment before mine finally shipped and it's still showing October 1st for mine to ship so hopefully they will ship then. If they do I'd have them by next Friday probably. What sucks is that I was only one day away from being in the last shipment. It doesn't matter though because I don't have my Soloist yet anyway.post #2385 of 24619/30/12 at 7:47pm
- POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 39 seconds ago
- › Win BoomPro to Transform you ordinary headphone into a pro... 49 seconds ago
- › How you became an audiophile. 52 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 53 seconds ago
- › Shure warranty 54 seconds ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 54 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 (and family) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FS/IC: Flat 4 Nami, GR10, SR325IS, K545... 2 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by 1Infinity
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by 1Infinity
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 by 1Infinity
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Currawong
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by svyr
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by earfonia
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2