- 293 Posts. Joined 8/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Vintage beyer ID help Last post on 6/17/12 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Trouble with a Beyer Manufaktur Last post on 8/16/10 at 2:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vintage Beyer appreciation thread Last post on 10/15/11 at 11:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Official Grado-Beyerdynamic Fan Club (for those who love BOTH! :) Last post on 11/14/12 at 5:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread Last post on 9/13/14 at 5:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS - Page 159post #2371 of 24609/2/12 at 6:06pmSo I decided to get the odac and C421 2227 amp. Can't wait to hear what it all sounds like when I get everything.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2372 of 24609/5/12 at 7:13pmpost #2373 of 24609/5/12 at 8:34pmQuote:
I quite enjoyed the V3 and V4. Unique sounding to be sure and stunningly beautiful in appearance.post #2374 of 24609/7/12 at 7:00am
They most certainly are NOT "garbage". I very much enjoyed them when I had them. They have a warm, bassy, relaxed sound, which is very often just the ticket :Dpost #2375 of 24609/18/12 at 5:31am
Don't know if I'll ever receive my Darth Beyers, every time the ship date comes up he changes the day to like 3 days later again and I'm not in the current shipment I'm in the next one. It said September 15th but then on the 15th he changed it to the 18th. Now that it is the 18th, he changed it to the 20th/21st. For my shipping timeline it shows October 1st so after he delays it a few times I'd expect it to ship on like the 10th. :(post #2376 of 24609/21/12 at 12:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Slickman
Don't know if I'll ever receive my Darth Beyers, every time the ship date comes up he changes the day to like 3 days later again and I'm not in the current shipment I'm in the next one. It said September 15th but then on the 15th he changed it to the 18th. Now that it is the 18th, he changed it to the 20th/21st. For my shipping timeline it shows October 1st so after he delays it a few times I'd expect it to ship on like the 10th. :(
And now that it is the 21st he changed it to the 24th. Hahaha!post #2377 of 24609/21/12 at 12:28pm
I'm sure it will arrive sooner than later. :) Hopefully. I'm looking forward to your impressions. It sounds like the Darth Beyers have gone out of style around here a bit but I must admit that a beautiful, wooden 770 with less recessed mids and overall better sound sounds like something I could really enjoy though the price is a bit high now that (supposedly) better closed cans are available at the same price or lower.post #2378 of 24609/21/12 at 12:46pmpost #2379 of 24609/21/12 at 1:13pmpost #2380 of 24609/21/12 at 1:38pm
I'll be running them on my Dacport LX and Burson Soloist amp. I'll be using all 3 components for the first time. Hopefully I will enjoy the sound. I'm hoping these are the ultimate basshead can, I have a good amount of experience with some of the bassiest cans out there. I've had the AH-D1100, XB700, XB1000, Pro 900, DT 770 Pro(stock), Deep cup V3 Darths, and LCD-2's.post #2381 of 24609/21/12 at 3:33pm
I got the Korina wood strictly because I heard it has the best sound. I'm all about getting the best sound, I don't give a crap what they look like after I put them on it doesn't matter. Not that the Korina is ugly but I'm just saying. I actually think the lightness of the Korina will look pretty good with the black velour pads. I originally had the order for an 1/8" plug and like a week later I realised all the amps I'm interested in have a 1/4" plug so I asked Larry if he could change my order. He said he would change it with no charge! It was supposed to be $5 for the Neutrik 1/4" plug. I sent him the $5 anyway because I kind of felt bad about him not being fully paid for his work but that was still very nice of him to do that for me. I'm only posting this because people may see that on his site he says after 3 days there's no changes or refunds and might be scared to order from him but Larry actually is a really nice guy and he'll work with you.
Edited by Slickman - 9/21/12 at 3:35pmpost #2382 of 24609/21/12 at 5:01pmQuote:
Your opinion has been rendered invalid.Quote:
Weren't all V4s were built with korina chambers? At any rate, I personally find it beautiful.
Edited by Curly21029 - 9/21/12 at 5:10pmpost #2383 of 24609/21/12 at 5:37pmpost #2384 of 24609/24/12 at 6:27pmLooks like the shipment before mine finally shipped and it's still showing October 1st for mine to ship so hopefully they will ship then. If they do I'd have them by next Friday probably. What sucks is that I was only one day away from being in the last shipment. It doesn't matter though because I don't have my Soloist yet anyway.post #2385 of 24609/30/12 at 7:47pm
- POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › online ASTROLOGER vashikaran specialist +91 9672747263 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro Impressions, & Discussion Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair... 4 minutes ago
- › New to Full size headphones and need helpful advice on choosing a... 4 minutes ago
- › @!@BLACK MAGIC ,LOVE,VASHIKARAN,PROBLEM +91 9672747263 5 minutes ago
- › Official Goldring DR150 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FS: DNA Stratus Mint+ EML 5U4G mesh + pearl cyro gold+ 6N1P(SN:29)... 5 minutes ago
- › Stock Denon D2000 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)