- 293 Posts. Joined 8/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Vintage beyer ID help Last post on 6/17/12 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Trouble with a Beyer Manufaktur Last post on 8/16/10 at 2:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vintage Beyer appreciation thread Last post on 10/15/11 at 11:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Official Grado-Beyerdynamic Fan Club (for those who love BOTH! :) Last post on 11/14/12 at 5:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS - Page 159post #2371 of 24619/2/12 at 6:06pmSo I decided to get the odac and C421 2227 amp. Can't wait to hear what it all sounds like when I get everything.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2372 of 24619/5/12 at 7:13pmpost #2373 of 24619/5/12 at 8:34pmQuote:
I quite enjoyed the V3 and V4. Unique sounding to be sure and stunningly beautiful in appearance.post #2374 of 24619/7/12 at 7:00am
They most certainly are NOT "garbage". I very much enjoyed them when I had them. They have a warm, bassy, relaxed sound, which is very often just the ticket :Dpost #2375 of 24619/18/12 at 5:31am
Don't know if I'll ever receive my Darth Beyers, every time the ship date comes up he changes the day to like 3 days later again and I'm not in the current shipment I'm in the next one. It said September 15th but then on the 15th he changed it to the 18th. Now that it is the 18th, he changed it to the 20th/21st. For my shipping timeline it shows October 1st so after he delays it a few times I'd expect it to ship on like the 10th. :(post #2376 of 24619/21/12 at 12:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Slickman
Don't know if I'll ever receive my Darth Beyers, every time the ship date comes up he changes the day to like 3 days later again and I'm not in the current shipment I'm in the next one. It said September 15th but then on the 15th he changed it to the 18th. Now that it is the 18th, he changed it to the 20th/21st. For my shipping timeline it shows October 1st so after he delays it a few times I'd expect it to ship on like the 10th. :(
And now that it is the 21st he changed it to the 24th. Hahaha!post #2377 of 24619/21/12 at 12:28pm
I'm sure it will arrive sooner than later. :) Hopefully. I'm looking forward to your impressions. It sounds like the Darth Beyers have gone out of style around here a bit but I must admit that a beautiful, wooden 770 with less recessed mids and overall better sound sounds like something I could really enjoy though the price is a bit high now that (supposedly) better closed cans are available at the same price or lower.post #2378 of 24619/21/12 at 12:46pmpost #2379 of 24619/21/12 at 1:13pmpost #2380 of 24619/21/12 at 1:38pm
I'll be running them on my Dacport LX and Burson Soloist amp. I'll be using all 3 components for the first time. Hopefully I will enjoy the sound. I'm hoping these are the ultimate basshead can, I have a good amount of experience with some of the bassiest cans out there. I've had the AH-D1100, XB700, XB1000, Pro 900, DT 770 Pro(stock), Deep cup V3 Darths, and LCD-2's.post #2381 of 24619/21/12 at 3:33pm
I got the Korina wood strictly because I heard it has the best sound. I'm all about getting the best sound, I don't give a crap what they look like after I put them on it doesn't matter. Not that the Korina is ugly but I'm just saying. I actually think the lightness of the Korina will look pretty good with the black velour pads. I originally had the order for an 1/8" plug and like a week later I realised all the amps I'm interested in have a 1/4" plug so I asked Larry if he could change my order. He said he would change it with no charge! It was supposed to be $5 for the Neutrik 1/4" plug. I sent him the $5 anyway because I kind of felt bad about him not being fully paid for his work but that was still very nice of him to do that for me. I'm only posting this because people may see that on his site he says after 3 days there's no changes or refunds and might be scared to order from him but Larry actually is a really nice guy and he'll work with you.
Edited by Slickman - 9/21/12 at 3:35pmpost #2382 of 24619/21/12 at 5:01pmQuote:
Your opinion has been rendered invalid.Quote:
Weren't all V4s were built with korina chambers? At any rate, I personally find it beautiful.
Edited by Curly21029 - 9/21/12 at 5:10pmpost #2383 of 24619/21/12 at 5:37pmpost #2384 of 24619/24/12 at 6:27pmLooks like the shipment before mine finally shipped and it's still showing October 1st for mine to ship so hopefully they will ship then. If they do I'd have them by next Friday probably. What sucks is that I was only one day away from being in the last shipment. It doesn't matter though because I don't have my Soloist yet anyway.post #2385 of 24619/30/12 at 7:47pm
- POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 1 minute ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle (universal shell) for sale 9 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors 9 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3