New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tea-Fi? - Page 6

post #76 of 604
Basic question: can you resteep Earl Grey?
post #77 of 604
Here's my daily morning and evening routine:

Take out mug and fill with cold water
Put in one Lipton tea bag (black)
Put in one Tazo Awake tea bag
Put in microwave for 4 minutes
Let steep for 5 to 10 minutes
Add sugar
Add evaporated milk (not whole, skim, half-n-half, cream)
Enjoy
post #78 of 604
just bought two pounds of green (tea. ok, that too could be misconstrued.......... ) from coffeebeandirect; $7/lb after google checkout discount; good
post #79 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juergen
Here's my daily morning and evening routine:

Take out mug and fill with cold water
Put in one Lipton tea bag (black)
Put in one Tazo Awake tea bag
Put in microwave for 4 minutes
Let steep for 5 to 10 minutes
Add sugar
Add evaporated milk (not whole, skim, half-n-half, cream)
Enjoy

that's ****ing disgusting
post #80 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juergen
Take out mug and fill with cold water
Put in one Lipton tea bag (black)
Put in one Tazo Awake tea bag
Put in microwave for 4 minutes
Let steep for 5 to 10 minutes
Add sugar
Add evaporated milk (not whole, skim, half-n-half, cream)
Enjoy
YOU enjoy it please.
post #81 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juergen
Here's my daily morning and evening routine:

Take out mug and fill with cold water
Put in one Lipton tea bag (black)
Put in one Tazo Awake tea bag
Put in microwave for 4 minutes
Let steep for 5 to 10 minutes
Add sugar
Add evaporated milk (not whole, skim, half-n-half, cream)
Enjoy
you realise that takes you at least 10-15 minutes to make

You'll be much better enjoying real, loose tea
post #82 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkpowder
you realise that takes you at least 10-15 minutes to make

You'll be much better enjoying real, loose tea
Thats very true.
post #83 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkpowder
...You'll be much better enjoying real, loose tea

I have tried a few loose teas in the past. What I need to do is go to a real shop and get small amounts of various teas to try. I hate buying a tea, not liking it, then feeling like I have to finish the rest of it. I have been lazy since I found a combo that tastes pretty good and is widely availlable at most supermarkets. The evaporated milk thing does gross out alot of folks. My inlaws who are from India turned me on to it. I would likely not have never stumbled on to it myself.
post #84 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkpowder
Basic question: can you resteep Earl Grey?
I think it would be way to weak, but try it, everyones taste is different
post #85 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb
I think it would be way to weak, but try it, everyones taste is different
Actually, resteeping once was fine. Resteeping the second time wasn't bad, but it wasn't enjoyable anymore.
post #86 of 604
Here is my routine for Yulong tea:
1. put cold water into cattle, and wait to boil,
2. pour the super hot water into the mug and swirl, until mug is hot,
3. drain the hot water from the mug and put in enough Yulong tea to cover the bottom of the mug.
4. pour the hot water to 25% of the volume
5. wait 5 sec
6. pour the hot water out of the mug (this washes the tea)
7. re-pour hot water this time 100% of the volume
8. put a lid on the mug
9. wait 1min. and pour the water out (I use a drainer to catch the tea)
10. enjoy.

Here is my routine for Dragon Well tea:
1-3 same
4. pour the hot water into a different container
5. pour the water from in the container into the mug where the tea is placed.
6-10 same (except pour from the container not the cattle). And I make a note to pour from high distance to allow water to cool to a nice 70C when it reaches the tea.

I do this several times a day ...
post #87 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkpowder
Just ordered some Ti Kuan Yin (4oz) and Dragonwell (4oz) from adagio.com

I'll probably get some Sencha and some #1 Darjeeling later on...

Adagio's prices are very reasonable. I spent $19 for 4oz of each type and shipping to the UK was $10.
Do you know when they harvested Ti Kuan Yi and Dragonwell, or do they provide the harvest season (spring / fall) since I don't really touch anything over 1 yr old.

I notice on website Pi Lo Chun is voted inferior to Dragon well. either their pi lo chun was crappy to begin with or the people buying don't know how to make tea. Pi Luo Chun is absolutely the best Dragon Well family you can get. premium grade stuff. And what is this thing about Pi Lo chun from southern china as it is clearly from Zhejiang where all the Dragon Well comes from. I don't feel very confident buying tea from such an uninformed website.

Yes my routine for Pi lo chun is a little different from my regular routine as I pour the water before I put the tea in since the tea itself is super delicate and pour water over it will affect the taste and I use glass cup instead of a mug

(I just realized how picky I am about my tea, in no less way than headphone
post #88 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesebert
Do you know when they harvested Ti Kuan Yi and Dragonwell, or do they provide the harvest season (spring / fall) since I don't really touch anything over 1 yr old.

I notice on website Pi Lo Chun is voted inferior to Dragon well. either their pi lo chun was crappy to begin with or the people buying don't know how to make tea. Pi Luo Chun is absolutely the best Dragon Well family you can get. premium grade stuff. And what is this thing about Pi Lo chun from southern china as it is clearly from Zhejiang where all the Dragon Well comes from. I don't feel very confident buying tea from such an uninformed website.
Well this uninformed website's tea just arrived!



Their ratings are not the most accurate. For example, pu erh, one of the finest teas China has to offer and also one of the most expensive, is rated very poorly in comparison to other "inferior" teas. It's all a matter of taste and it happens that the earthly flavour of pu erh appeals more to the Chinese than to Westerners.
post #89 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkpowder
Well this uninformed website's tea just arrived!



Their ratings are not the most accurate. For example, pu erh, one of the finest teas China has to offer and also one of the most expensive, is rated very poorly in comparison to other "inferior" teas. It's all a matter of taste and it happens that the earthly flavour of pu erh appeals more to the Chinese than to Westerners.
ti kuan yi. 5min?...this will destroy the tea for sure.

anyway..I think I am going to continue to ship tea from China that's in season
one of many things that's sucking away at my head-fi funds...along with cook-fi
post #90 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkpowder
Oh, you just have a lot more cups and tools. Also, the temperature of the water matters a lot. The preparation is different for different types of tea. The tea I drink is doesn't require any special preparation. That's why I use the ceramic mug. I know serious tea-drinkers who spend hundreds of dollars on tea and they have their own special tea sets for brewing tea
Yes I am getting another tea set for Christmas. I plan to use it to brew wu long tea only. Its all about component synergy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home