New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tea-Fi? - Page 42

post #616 of 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE View Post
 

 

I had one once and loved it (despite them being for right-handed people which I most certainly am not) but ended up breaking it

Aw, that's too bad. I'd be devastated if that happened. Right now I have one made from purple clay, but I really want to try one made from genuine red clay. The link I put in my last post is the only place that I've found anything that looks legitimate, but I want to make sure it is (I'm only posting this on here because the Adagio forum had some sort of fallout with kyusus or something, I don't know).

post #617 of 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemon View Post
 

Aw, that's too bad. I'd be devastated if that happened. Right now I have one made from purple clay, but I really want to try one made from genuine red clay. The link I put in my last post is the only place that I've found anything that looks legitimate, but I want to make sure it is (I'm only posting this on here because the Adagio forum had some sort of fallout with kyusus or something, I don't know).

 

it was ceramic, not clay. I thought that was the name of the style

post #618 of 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE View Post
 

 

it was ceramic, not clay. I thought that was the name of the style

Yeah it is. Some people (like me) get really finicky about what it's made out of because the different iron and mineral contents of different types of clay bring out different flavours and aromas. This site right here does a pretty alright job at explaining it, along with giving a bit of history behind the different types of pots that are crafted in Japan.

 

I'd buy off of this site, but all of the red clay pots on here were put in the kiln with too little O2 for my taste (I swear I'm too picky at times).

post #619 of 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay-w View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE View Post
 

 

try these

 

http://www.adagio.com/green/matcha.html

http://www.teavivre.com/organic-green-tea-powder/

 

Enjoying Tea also has matcha but sweet christ.... 30 grams for $18? nah dude, nah

 

Haha yeah that's a bit much. I'll look these other ones up thanks man.

Definately order Teavivre over Adagio. Teavivre is superior!

post #620 of 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriez View Post
 

Chose a really nice one with a strong scent to it but surprisingly mild when consumed. Recommended!

 

http://www.yogitea.eu/index.php/products/details/flavour/jamaica/en

 

Has been a while since I drank a good cup of tea and what do you know, my taste has not changed. Made one post in this thread in 2010 recommending the same Jamaica Roasted Spice. Way good! Try it out.

 

Roasted Chicory

Cinnamon

Barley Malt

Cardamom

Black Pepper

Liquorice

post #621 of 625

 

Having a few cups of this along with some record listening before calling it a night. So good!

post #622 of 625

Aspiring barista/tea sommelier here. I am a huge fan of TWG, and I have nearly tried almost all their tea. My favorite is Lavender's Kiss.

 

 

Maybe I am just weird, but I find the shape of the tea flower bloom to be pretty. Tastes awesome too!

post #623 of 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boffy View Post

Aspiring barista/tea sommelier here. I am a huge fan of TWG, and I have nearly tried almost all their tea. My favorite is Lavender's Kiss.




Maybe I am just weird, but I find the shape of the tea flower bloom to be pretty. Tastes awesome too!


Nothing wrong with liking flowers, I grow orchids, and about 20 fruit trees, along with lotus flowers and roses. I would still like to grow ginseng and tea.

Tea is such a thing, almost other-worldly and finding a special tea is an achievement. My first pineapple is almost ready. I have grown bananas and mangos too.


Edited by Redcarmoose - 9/10/14 at 4:20am
post #624 of 625

 

 

 

 

 

OK, back on topic...

post #625 of 625

Well, I tend to delight in Jasmine Dragon Pearls while writing letters and notes, using a Japanese fountain pen filled with Japanese ink modeled after the Japanese Beautyberry plant. :D

 

4fb48006004975f676afb820b6884301.jpg

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home