Just made myself some Jasmine tea (Mo Li Xiang Zhu/Mo Li Long Zhu) or 茉莉香珠/茉莉龙珠 in Chinese
How I made it using my ceramic cup (it may be different if you have a proper tea set):
1. Put 12 "pearls" into the sieve element.
3. Place sieve element into cup. Ideally, the cup should be rinsed with boiling water beforehand so that it's nice and hot.
2. Boil water.
3. Wait until water is about 70-80 degrees Celsius or below boiling point.
4. Pour water into cup until "pearls" are fully immersed.
5. Place cover over cup and wait for 3 minutes.
6. Take cover and sieve element w/ tea leaves away. Do not leave tea leaves immersed or you will ruin your tea!
7. Enjoy your tea while it's still hot! Cold tea doesn't taste or smell nearly as nice.
Tea leaves can be reused 3-5 times depending on how long you leave the leaves immersed each time you use them.
With some teas, the first "pot" is not for drinking. It's merely to wash the leaves. I think this is the case with teas such as Iron Buddha/Tie Guan Yin (鐵觀音) or the nicer variant, Guan Yin Wang (觀音王）。