New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tea-Fi? - Page 17

post #241 of 632
My local tea shop sells compostable tea bags for loose tea. V/ convenient for traveling.
post #242 of 632

F--- YEAH TEA-FI

post #243 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardilla View Post

Posting a pick of my tea-brewer: Woo WA2TE:

1c55b06b_WooWA2TESuperEdition.jpeg


Man, a whole year and not one comment? That's an awesome/hilarious pic!
(no way I'd do that to my woo2, crazy bugger tongue.gif )
Edited by Pudu - 2/2/13 at 9:38am
post #244 of 632

I'm curious as to how long, how warm that gets your tea. Heaven forbid you are able to get the water hot enough for loose chai

post #245 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post
1c55b06b_WooWA2TESuperEdition.jpeg

Man, a whole year and not one comment? That's an awesome/hilarious pic!
(no way I'd do that to my woo2, crazy bugger tongue.gif )

 

Glad someone noticed beerchug.gif 

 

I had a lot of fun making my tea-fi rig. BTW - there is a sheet of paper under the teapot - so my WA2 didn't get a scratch...

post #246 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardilla View Post

 

Glad someone noticed beerchug.gif 

 

I had a lot of fun making my tea-fi rig. BTW - there is a sheet of paper under the teapot - so my WA2 didn't get a scratch...

 

It would have been hilarious if you did use the excess heat from the WA2 to boil water for tea.  

post #247 of 632

 

R.I.P that particular pot. Hey I have a question to all you tea-fiers out there. How do you clean stains from ther inside of a sterling pot? I have tried bleach, dish soap, tarn-x, SOS pads, and combinations of what is listed. I read that a baking soda paste does the trick but wanted some answers from you

post #248 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE View Post

 

R.I.P that particular pot. Hey I have a question to all you tea-fiers out there. How do you clean stains from ther inside of a sterling pot? I have tried bleach, dish soap, tarn-x, SOS pads, and combinations of what is listed. I read that a baking soda paste does the trick but wanted some answers from you

 

Baking soda by itself or maybe with some white vinegar (careful mixing that reaction) should get most stains out.  I avoid the issue by brewing tea with a dark ceramic pot most of the time, though I'll occassionally use a glass pot with separate strainer and valve that helps to more accurately control brew time. 

post #249 of 632

I love tea! Great thread. You know whats the best? Drinking tea whilst relaxing with headphonesredface.gif

post #250 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE View Post

I'm curious as to how long, how warm that gets your tea. Heaven forbid you are able to get the water hot enough for loose chai

I have a tea kettle, to warm up my tea right to the exact farhenheightbiggrin.gif

post #251 of 632

This place is very high quality: http://verdanttea.com/

I love that place. 

Also: http://www.52teas.com/ They have awesome weekly teas. I'm a green tea fan by the way.

post #252 of 632

I drink green teas (Jasmine Pearls) most of the time and change the pace with Rooibos (S. African Red tea) or white tea now and then. And I absolutely love my Gaiwans!

post #253 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

I drink green teas (Jasmine Pearls) most of the time and change the pace with Rooibos (S. African Red tea) or white tea now and then. And I absolutely love my Gaiwans!

Where you get you Jasmine Pearls? I love mine, but their low qualityfrown.gif

post #254 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

I drink green teas (Jasmine Pearls) most of the time and change the pace with Rooibos (S. African Red tea) or white tea now and then. And I absolutely love my Gaiwans!

Where you get you Jasmine Pearls? I love mine, but their low qualityfrown.gif

 

I continue to explore different vendors, both online and whatever cafe/salon I come across in cities. As well as friends bringing me tea back from China when they travel. A sampling: Dragon Tea House, Teavana, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Adagio and so on. 

 

Occasionally, I'll come across a vendor/store who have poor quality tea tins or none at all, but I'm secure with having some tins around the home. I'm looking to try Rishi next month. Had their Silver Needles in December and will now try their Jasmine Pearls...


Edited by Silent One - 2/5/13 at 5:10am
post #255 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

I drink green teas (Jasmine Pearls) most of the time and change the pace with Rooibos (S. African Red tea) or white tea now and then. And I absolutely love my Gaiwans!

Where you get you Jasmine Pearls? I love mine, but their low qualityfrown.gif

 

I continue to explore different vendors, both online and whatever cafe/salon I come across in cities. As well as friends bringing me tea back from China when they travel. A sampling: Dragon Tea House, Teavana, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Adagio and so on. 

 

Occasionally, I'll come across a vendor/store who have poor quality tea tins or none at all, but I'm secure with having some tins around the home. I'm looking to try Rishi next month. Had their Silver Needles in December and will now try their Jasmine Pearls...

Rishi! Its so expensive for some of their teas.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home