New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tea-Fi? - Page 9

post #121 of 632
Great thread, very informative.

I drink tea since I was little, normally just plain earl grey in those little papper bags. About two years ago I have began to explore other teas such as green tea, white tea, roybus( i never know how to spell it correctly)

I will certainly try to get some of the teas mentioned here. There is a Tea house nearby with dozens of varieties. They'll certainly have some of these.


I'll post my impressions later.
post #122 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASantos
Great thread, very informative.

I drink tea since I was little, normally just plain earl grey in those little papper bags. About two years ago I have began to explore other teas such as green tea, white tea, roybus( i never know how to spell it correctly)

I will certainly try to get some of the teas mentioned here. There is a Tea house nearby with dozens of varieties. They'll certainly have some of these.


I'll post my impressions later.
I think you mean rooibos Welcome to Team Tea-Fi!
post #123 of 632
Well yesterday I recieved a package from The Tao of Tea and in it was 8oz of Chineese Silver needle and 8oz of Jasmin oolong. Today I had a package with my Blue bamboo tetsubin and 8oz of earl grey and a sample of strawberry black from Enjoyingtea.com. I am quite impressed with all the tea I recieved and love my tetsubin, only wish I would have ordered a larger one than 20oz. I am looking forward to trying out more teas and looking for a larger tea pot.
post #124 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef8489
Well yesterday I recieved a package from The Tao of Tea and in it was 8oz of Chineese Silver needle and 8oz of Jasmin oolong. Today I had a package with my Blue bamboo tetsubin and 8oz of earl grey and a sample of strawberry black from Enjoyingtea.com. I am quite impressed with all the tea I recieved and love my tetsubin, only wish I would have ordered a larger one than 20oz. I am looking forward to trying out more teas and looking for a larger tea pot.
Cool!

I just ordered samples of the following teas from Uptontea.com (their prices are very reasonable + they have an incredibly large selection):


- ZO99S 6g sample:
Tie-Guan-Yin Special Production Oolong

- ZJ90S 15g sample:
Guangdong Province Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearl

- TJ20S 15g sample:
Japanese Supersencha Kamakura

- ZG85S 15g sample:
China Green Pi Lo Chun Reserve

- ZH80S 15g sample:
Ancient Organic Green Pu-Erh Tuo Cha

- ZO95S 15g sample:
Golden Temple Oolong

- ZG76S 12g sample:
Organic Lung Ching (Long-Jing) Superfine

- TJ85S 12g sample:
Japanese Gyokuro Kamakura
post #125 of 632
I think my next purchase will be from them. Will have to try some samples before I buy large tins.
post #126 of 632
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkpowder
Cool!

I just ordered samples of the following teas from Uptontea.com (their prices are very reasonable + they have an incredibly large selection):


- ZO99S 6g sample:
Tie-Guan-Yin Special Production Oolong

- ZJ90S 15g sample:
Guangdong Province Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearl

- TJ20S 15g sample:
Japanese Supersencha Kamakura

- ZG85S 15g sample:
China Green Pi Lo Chun Reserve

- ZH80S 15g sample:
Ancient Organic Green Pu-Erh Tuo Cha

- ZO95S 15g sample:
Golden Temple Oolong

- ZG76S 12g sample:
Organic Lung Ching (Long-Jing) Superfine

- TJ85S 12g sample:
Japanese Gyokuro Kamakura
i've noticed that about that website as well, very nice find whoever posted that =)
post #127 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb
Best place is Upton Tea, I been dealing with them since around 1997 The worst experience was with Adiago the tea I received was stale, and the plastic brewer is a joke, for brewing stick with Chatsford pots.
kudos to c0mfortably_numb
post #128 of 632
Wow, following this thread I've definitely learned alot about tea and how to prepare it. Here's another online source for tea:

http://www.serendipitea.com/
post #129 of 632

Peet's

Do you have Peet's Coffee & Tea out there? They have an excellent selection of teas at most locations. They also have excellent coffee.
post #130 of 632
Too lazy to read the whole thread to see if anyone talks about Chinese tea but drank in the Arabic/N&W African style, strong, sweet, and in three rounds out of shot glasses. This is my new preferred way of drinking tea, and here's my favorite brand: Forte Special Chumnee.



--Chris
post #131 of 632
Just placed an order of samples from Upton tea to see how good they are.
TG10S - 15g sample: Green Tea Earl Grey
x1 @ $1.00 ea.
packed for: Jeremy Darnell

TP38S - 15g sample: China Oolong Lotus Tea
x1 @ $1.00 ea.
packed for: Jeremy Darnell

TP48S - 12g sample: China Green Rose Congou
x1 @ $1.00 ea.
packed for: Jeremy Darnell

TD14S - 3g sample: Special Arya Estate White Pearl (EX-14)
x1 @ $2.50 ea.
packed for: Jeremy Darnell

ZW50S - 4g sample: China Mutan White Special
x1 @ $1.00 ea.
packed for: Jeremy Darnell

TD28S - 7g sample: Poobong Estate Oolong First Flush
x1 @ $1.50 ea.
packed for: Jeremy Darnell

ZH20S - 15g sample: China Pu-Erh Leaf
x1 @ $1.00 ea.
packed for: Jeremy Darnell

CN - 1 Booklet: Include Newsletter
x1 @ $0.00 ea.
If I like the quality of the tea I will defently use them the most of my online retailers.
post #132 of 632
I really like the Japanese Green teas... the ones with the toasted Rice in it. Very different flavor.
post #133 of 632
Not certain if this is a repeat or not, but Intelligentsia might be of interest.

http://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/
post #134 of 632
Anyone tried a white melon tea? It sounds quite nice.
post #135 of 632
What's that? Do you have a link?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home