Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › There's Something About Ultrasone…
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

There's Something About Ultrasone… - Page 396

post #5926 of 5935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post

Has anyone tried running Ultrastone Pro 750s on the Xonar Essence ST? I've had the setup for months, but without messing with the eq, they are way too bright and harsh.



Well, you're running a set of headphones with a sound that already leans towards bright, along with a soundcard that has a harsh sound in stock form, that combined naturally gives an overly bright signature.

post #5927 of 5935
I haven't tried the 750, but the Essence struggles with the PRO2900. An external amp would be a good investment.
post #5928 of 5935
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohawkUS View Post

I haven't tried the 750, but the Essence struggles with the PRO2900. An external amp would be a good investment.


Ah ok, that answers my question, thanks! I'm going to try changing the op amps first to see if that changes anything, just need to find a temporary solution. I'm planning on buying Denon D5000s sometime in the near future and i think those suit the Xonar Essence?

post #5929 of 5935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post



Ah ok, that answers my question, thanks! I'm going to try changing the op amps first to see if that changes anything, just need to find a temporary solution. I'm planning on buying Denon D5000s sometime in the near future and i think those suit the Xonar Essence?



D5000 are certainly known to have a warmer signature. Still, have you thought of selling those Pro 750 and getting the Pro 900?

post #5930 of 5935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post





D5000 are certainly known to have a warmer signature. Still, have you thought of selling those Pro 750 and getting the Pro 900?


 

Yeah, the Pro 900s are another choice. Are the Pro 900s warmer compared to Pro 750s?

post #5931 of 5935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post




 

Yeah, the Pro 900s are another choice. Are the Pro 900s warmer compared to Pro 750s?


 

Well, it's not that they're warmer, but the very high quality and quantity of bass makes them extremely fun to listen to, as long as you lean more towards that kind of sound.

post #5932 of 5935
Its not so much that the Essence does not drive them, but it struggles at time. It sounds perfectly find in 99% of music, but when I hit the right song its static city. A lot of people are happily running PRO 900s unamped, so maybe the 2900s are just more demanding than their closed back twin. I wouldn't avoid them for this reason unless you exclusively listen to black metal.
post #5933 of 5935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post

Yeah, the Pro 900s are another choice. Are the Pro 900s warmer compared to Pro 750s?


No!

 

post #5934 of 5935

FRANKENZONES!  they live again!!    

 

 

 

 

that's what they looked like a few years ago.   now today  i Had to do some more disassemble and re Assembly.   they were broken and super glued together by previous owner  and the glue lasted a good 4 years or so.  but earlier today i got a bit rough removing the pad and the glue broke..  and try as i might i couldn't get the CA glue i had to take.  so i eventually put a screw thorough the cradle into the broken off ball joint and they seem to be working again!  

so THEY LIVE THEY HAVE RISEN AGAIN!   maybe i should call them the "NECROZONES"


Edited by nff - 9/27/12 at 1:25am
post #5935 of 5935

in the process of aquring HFI-240 with upgraded $100 cable.  What are you thoughts? my headphones have been mainly grados nothing greater than SR 225i's and a pair of Denon AH-D2000's

 

I was considering this or the PRO-900 which i hear people raving about.  I was considering this since I don't have many closed headphones.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › There's Something About Ultrasone…