Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › There's Something About Ultrasone…
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

There's Something About Ultrasone… - Page 308

post #4606 of 5935
Pataburd had RAL cables for his 750.
post #4607 of 5935
What is RAL cables? I've seen that Moon offer cables for Prolines but where can RAL cables be found?
post #4608 of 5935
I think RAL is Revelation Audio. Google should turn you up something.
post #4609 of 5935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotan1 View Post
I gave them about 120 hours of burn-in time, they sound good but a bit to pronounced in the highs for my taste. Should i give them more burn in time?
Mine took about 350 or so hours, I thought, before the highs smoothed out, but there was an appreciable difference between 100- and 300 hours. Hang in there!
post #4610 of 5935
Quote:
Originally Posted by tot View Post
I tried it (nothing else) on my 750 and it killed all the bass -- I had to remove it.
Yes. Even interchanging the earpads between the 750 and the 2500 (see thread elsewhere) mutually wrecked--and I mean BIG time--their respective sonic signatures.
post #4611 of 5935
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
Mine took about 350 or so hours, I thought, before the highs smoothed out, but there was an appreciable difference between 100- and 300 hours. Hang in there!
Ok, good thing.. It can only get better then...but the waiting....It's hooked up again and burning..
post #4612 of 5935
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
Yes. Even interchanging the earpads between the 750 and the 2500 (see thread elsewhere) mutually wrecked--and I mean BIG time--their respective sonic signatures.
This is to be expected. They are of completely different design and require completely different means of coupling to the ear to achieve proper sonic balance.
post #4613 of 5935
Hey everyone I just wanted to express the joy I'm experiencing with my new PROline 650's, these being my first pair of nice headphones, I'm quite in love with them, and frequently get full body goosebumps listening to them. lol........ Anyway my only complaint is it seems I'm stressing them slightly when stretching them to get on, and I can definately feel the top of the headband pressure point.

When I tried out the sample disc that came packaged I started to see what they are all about in a big way and thats just the beginning.

Anyway, <<<---new prline 650 owner!!!
post #4614 of 5935
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bird2jet View Post
Hey everyone I just wanted to express the joy I'm experiencing with my new PROline 650's, these being my first pair of nice headphones, I'm quite in love with them, and frequently get full body goosebumps listening to them. lol........ Anyway my only complaint is it seems I'm stressing them slightly when stretching them to get on, and I can definately feel the top of the headband pressure point.

When I tried out the sample disc that came packaged I started to see what they are all about in a big way and thats just the beginning.

Anyway, <<<---new prline 650 owner!!!
Welcome to Head-Fi! Glad you're enjoying your 650s...click the link in my signature for some handy hints in adjusting the headband so it's less clampy. (scroll down to the section entitled Adjusting for Comfort)
post #4615 of 5935
After a long hiatus, mostly due to speaker listening, I picked up my Edition 9's for a listen. My wife is still asleep and a Saturday morning music session was needed (currently listening to the Waylin' Jennys) so out came the E9's. I had forgotten what terrific headphones these are! Beautiful reproduction of female vocal harmony. And, I believe others have said something about pretty decent bass response?!? ;-)

A great way to begin a Saturday morning here in paradise!
post #4616 of 5935
I agree, they are really good with female voices. They continue to impress me, I've been listening a lot to Kelly Willis lately and she sounds sooo good.
post #4617 of 5935
Since I've no patient to wait for the new Blingline 750 so I just joined the team with Proline 750

but I've no idea about when will my new amp arrive
post #4618 of 5935
Blingline... I like the sound of that.
post #4619 of 5935
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cankin View Post
Since I've no patient to wait for the new Blingline 750 so I just joined the team with Proline 750

but I've no idea about when will my new amp arrive
Congrats!

What amp are you waiting for?
post #4620 of 5935

Interview with D.Sc. Florian M. Koenig

Dear all,

I am quite new to the Ultrasones. Although I own a bundle of other headphones (see profile) my contact with Ultrasones has been limited to the short occasions I listened to them at the High End in Munich in 2005 and 2006.

Beginning of October I bought myself a pair of Ultrasone PROline 750 from Jan Meier. Since then they have become my favorite headphones (I hope the new toy effect is already gone).

To learn more about the Ultrasone headphones I started reading this and other threads. Still some questions seemed not to be answered in full detail.

Since I had direct contact with D.Sc. Florian M. Koenig before (e.g. organizing a German meet this year) I thought if it wouldn’t be a good idea to have a kind of interview with D.Sc. Florian M. Koenig where I would ask him all the questions which the Communities (head fi and Hifi Forum) might have. To my delight Mr. Koenig agreed spontaneously. So here is how I would like to proceed:

I would like to collect all questions and than structure them. This will happen in the German headphone community on Hifi Forum too. I will then send him the English and German questions (in the original language) and publish all answers afterwards in both communities in the respective language.

To make the procedure quite easy I will open up a new thread and I ask you to copy all questions which were asked in your post. By this it is not necessary to try to copy paste from several threads.

Here is the thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...45#post3395245

Hope you find this a useful idea.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › There's Something About Ultrasone…