Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Post pics of your computer rigs here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post pics of your computer rigs here. - Page 29

post #421 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoftw View Post
I want the truth guys . Does this look stupid ?
whatever works. Doesn't look stupid to me. The only concern is that you're blocking much of the vent area on the top of the reciever. Bad things can (and will) happen. I'd lift the monitor up a little with some small standoffs...maybe strips of 1x1 wood painted black.
post #422 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysteX View Post
I'm just about finished moving into my new room. There are still some boxes laying around, but it's mostly setup. Enjoy.
Thanks, I did!

What size monitor, BTW? 30 inch? 24? Being all metric I have no way to estimate Imperial measurements
post #423 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjornboy81 View Post
whatever works. Doesn't look stupid to me. The only concern is that you're blocking much of the vent area on the top of the reciever. Bad things can (and will) happen. I'd lift the monitor up a little with some small standoffs...maybe strips of 1x1 wood painted black.
thank you for your concern. It is only a temporary solution until I find a long enough Y cable so I could set it on a rack I have .
post #424 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoftw View Post
I want the truth guys . Does this look stupid?
I'm guessing you have your PC stashed somewhere under the desk, I'd stick the receiver down there some how. You don't want to block the vents of the receiver, I've lost a couple of receivers due to poor ventilation. Otherwise, it looks great.
post #425 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmirza View Post
I'm guessing you have your PC stashed somewhere under the desk, I'd stick the receiver down there some how. You don't want to block the vents of the receiver, I've lost a couple of receivers due to poor ventilation. Otherwise, it looks great.
actually the PC is on top of the desk but it's just not pictured . The desk is 60 inches long so theres enough room for everything

I want to get a longer Y cable so I ordered one today . Hopefully it will be here soon . Someone here recommended to raise the monitor with some sort of stands.

OFF TOPIC:

That amp could not be considered a headphone amp , correct ?
post #426 of 712


Those are a pair of 100% fully factory reconditioned Paradigm Active Studio Reference 20s. I got them at a great price and sent them up to Paradigm in CA for a couple weeks of TLC. They effectively took them back to factory spec; replaced the boards, power supplies, etc. They sound great. Also in the photo is my 32" Sharp LC-32GP1U (1920x1080P) monitor/HDTV driven by an EVGA 8800GTS and my new Q6600 based PC. On the right is a Slimdevices Squeezebox 3 and my Benchmark DAC1 USB. Yes, I like spending time in my office now!
post #427 of 712
that is seeeexy. may I have one?
post #428 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by skudmunky View Post
that is seeeexy. may I have one?
No... you're too naughty.
post #429 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Thanks, I did!

What size monitor, BTW? 30 inch? 24? Being all metric I have no way to estimate Imperial measurements
It's actually a 37" 1080p panel made by Westinghouse. It doubles as my primary computer monitor and a tv.
post #430 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysteX View Post
It's actually a 37" 1080p panel made by Westinghouse. It doubles as my primary computer monitor and a tv.
Wow, nice. Don't you find the resolution a bit low at that size and sitting so close though?
post #431 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Wow, nice. Don't you find the resolution a bit low at that size and sitting so close though?
Not at all. I sit about 4' away, and it's very comfortable. It was a little overwhelming at first, but now it's simply amazing. Given the fact that I have limited space, and my computer monitor has to double as a tv, I wouldn't have any other size.
post #432 of 712
Thanks for the comments SysteX. I am in the same position as you, or will be soon. Moving to a smaller house, need to combine a computer monitor and TV. I was thinking about a Benq FP241W, which is 24" 1920x1280. I did consider the TV route but was a bit concerned because most 30" monitors are 2560x1600, which keeps each pixel the same size as a 24" monitor. There is a good graph here:

http://www.behardware.com/articles/6...d-samsung.html

The text seems to imply the example 32" TV is at 1366x768 so obviously a full HD set is going to be a lot better.

I saw a few 30" monitors last month. Seriously impressive. Massive screen space and such high resolution you can have masses of information on the screen. It's almost too much for things like web browsing. A lot of people on [H]ardForum seem very happy with 32" and even 37" TVs as monitors... I am very tempted now.

Sadly there is no-where I can view one with a PC connected...
post #433 of 712


ok, just got my new imac. On the right you can spot Sennheiser HD650 and a Harmony design amplifier.. Dont know what card to buy now...
post #434 of 712
Wow. That looks incredible.
post #435 of 712
More love for the Mac and HD650





My setup while at uni is also on head-fi here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Post pics of your computer rigs here.