or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Borat the movie - Page 9

post #121 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmore
I am not from Kazakhstan or South of US but I would be furious if I were. Racism is everywhere, not only US South. Look at Russia and OLD West Europe, yeah. Or try to start your life in Japan with your whiteness and wide eyes, a-ha…
If this guy really BRAVE, like someone said up here, than he must go to IRAN and make some fun up there. Or even in Russia, where his movie is forbidden at the moment.
Part of the reason Borat works is that the US is supposed to have much higher standards - land of the free, and all that. Whereas showing that people are bigots in the other places you suggest would not be very ironic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmore
And please don't give me this FREE YOUR MIND thing, because this has nothing to do with it. If you ask me what I would choose to make some statement about freedom. This kind of humor or possibility to smoke a joint, I choose JOINT.
We don't want FREE SPEECH, we want FREE DRUGS!
post #122 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltrane
Id rate it:

Borat tv
Bruno
Borat Movie

Ali G



love them all though. i think all three characters work MUCH better without a plot.
Finally, some love for Bruno. I find his sketches outrageously amusing.

I really enjoyed this movie, other than Borat and Jackass 2 I haven't laughed out loud in a theater since Punch Drunk Love.

I think the bedroom scene was a little unnecessary here, but everything else made up for it.
post #123 of 139
I love Punch Drunk Love too. do you have the dvd? The matress man commerical is the ufnniest dvd outtake. Ever.
post #124 of 139
No, but thanks for the heads up, definitely something I'll look into
post #125 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzmister View Post
Think about how easily those people got wound up with "throw the jew down the well".
This section was apparently removed when I saw the film last weekend. I'm going to try another theatre tonight to see if it's in there (as I'm going to see it with a group of friends who haven't seen it yet)
post #126 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordeith View Post
Finally, some love for Bruno. I find his sketches outrageously amusing.

I really enjoyed this movie, other than Borat and Jackass 2 I haven't laughed out loud in a theater since Punch Drunk Love.

I think the bedroom scene was a little unnecessary here, but everything else made up for it.
wow, that was a comedy? i found it pointlessly artsy and cringe-inducing.
post #127 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
This section was apparently removed when I saw the film last weekend. I'm going to try another theatre tonight to see if it's in there (as I'm going to see it with a group of friends who haven't seen it yet)
The "Throw the Jew Down the Well" segment is from the TV show, not the movie. You can see it on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hlwDSnkXrA
post #128 of 139
There's a sing-along at a bar in the movie as well.
post #129 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshifter View Post
wow, that was a comedy? i found it pointlessly artsy and cringe-inducing.

"Punch Drunk" laugh out loudable? I agree with your puzzlement. But it was sorta okay. It's the only film I've VAGUELY been able to stomach Sandler in.
post #130 of 139
BORAT is a man of class & distinction. And the film is a work of art.
post #131 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadbang View Post
"Punch Drunk" laugh out loudable? I agree with your puzzlement. But it was sorta okay. It's the only film I've VAGUELY been able to stomach Sandler in.
even in pdl sandler reverts back to his "look at me! i'm craaaazy screaming man!"
post #132 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshifter View Post
even in pdl sandler reverts back to his "look at me! i'm craaaazy screaming man!"
We must have seen different movies my friend!

"Look at me I'm craaazy screaming man" sums up a bunch of SNL, and movies like Anchorman which I found simply stupid.

Not to digress from my original point though, which was "Let's hope there's a Bruno movie!"
post #133 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordeith View Post
We must have seen different movies my friend!

"Look at me I'm craaazy screaming man" sums up a bunch of SNL, and movies like Anchorman which I found simply stupid.

Not to digress from my original point though, which was "Let's hope there's a Bruno movie!"
if i remember correctly sandler resolved his problems with philip seymore hoffman in pdl by doing his trademark going postal act.
post #134 of 139
I think that only occurred after he was told "Now get out of my store you f'n pervert!"

I'm not sure what you mean by going postal - but the bathroom destruction scene in that movie had me roaring with laughter (after it finished).

I can still remember that scene now, the gay-boy reference at the dinner table, then "Would you excuse me for a moment, please?". The camera's rapid change to him trashing the bathroom with such pure...visceral rage - I can remember everyone in the theater kind of blown away by shock until he went back to the table and the owner tells him to leave - a great scene (for me). I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it!
post #135 of 139
Finally saw Borat last night. I have all of the Borat clips form England and the US, so I pretty much knew what to expect. Some absolutely hilarious moments, but overall, not quite as funny as just watching all his past clips. Nevertheless, definitely enjoyable.

For me, the funniest moment came at the wrestling scene. The scene itself was hilarious, but even funnier (or more disturbing) was the fact that that I saw the movie at a drive-in. On the adjacent screen, they were showing the premiere of "Happy Feet." When the wrestling scene came on, you could literally hear all the children watching "Happy Feet" start screaming with laughter and hysteria. It definitely had nothing to do with Happy Feet. I'm sure some parents weren't quite amused.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home