Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot II++
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Little Dot II++ - Page 3

post #31 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichifanlema
and besides they need to get rid of the ld 2+ stock...

So far, the information regarding the changes on the ld2++ shows that it's just a correction to the deficiencies of the ld2+ model. However, the new price of the ++ is more than 40% higher than the +.

I feel so left-out and lonely with my half-dead ld2+
post #32 of 307
..so its basically an LD2+ that works properly? im confused..
post #33 of 307
little dot II++ will be out next week according to erji.net....retail price in china...wait for it....688RMB $87USD wtf?...thats with out the 10% discount for orders taken this week

seems US retailers are making some NICE profits out of this.
post #34 of 307
Wow, looks interesting! I'm not regretting my recent LDII+ purchase, because mine included the fixes that David described in the review thread. Also, 199USD is not nearly as good of a deal as 139USD. But who knows, maybe my satisfaction will turn to regret once the reviews start coming in.
post #35 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3x331m
If the new ld2++ is the replacement for ld2+, then why are they still trying to sell the ld2+ ?
I think you can still buy the LDII (no plus), so it wouldn't surprise me the II+ continues to be produced and sell for at least a while (until they eat their stock of tube and such at minimum).
post #36 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firevortex
little dot II++ will be out next week according to erji.net....retail price in china...wait for it....688RMB $87USD wtf?...thats with out the 10% discount for orders taken this week

seems US retailers are making some NICE profits out of this.
While it's true that the list price is really high, actually, Little Dot isn't making that much of a profit. Shipping my LDII+ cost them 620RMB... Assuming that with the retail price of 520RMB (the taobao [Chinese ebay] price) brings it up to 145RMB... it's not as high as you think.
post #37 of 307
does anyone know where one goes in china to buy one of these? i know someone staying in china for business and am interested to see where he can go to pick one up for me while he's there. it'd be great to get my hands on one of these for half the price!
post #38 of 307
I'm in no rush to sell my + as well. The new tubes I received seem to be working much better than the first pair, the amp sounds very good, and at $139 is, I think, a great bargin. If I do sell the +, it will be to upgrade to a more high end tube amp, not the ++.

My only complaint is that I feel the LD people should have told buyers that a newer amp was coming out and *very* soon too. It's like they tried to make a few extra dollars by concealing this fact, and I would say to their detriment. I think it definitely hurts their reputation, which up to this point had been stellar.
post #39 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitaoji
While it's true that the list price is really high, actually, Little Dot isn't making that much of a profit. Shipping my LDII+ cost them 620RMB... Assuming that with the retail price of 520RMB (the taobao [Chinese ebay] price) brings it up to 145RMB... it's not as high as you think.

well the $199USD listed price is from a distributor in USA...dont think they ship each unit individually from china. also dont forget they're getting wholesale price from mr yang. so yes they're making a killing.
post #40 of 307
Thread Starter 
My gramps can just take the plane to shenzhen and like pick up..10 of these or so, and hes gonna come back to US maybe in couple of months or in the summer, so group buy ic?
post #41 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcoheda
My only complaint is that I feel the LD people should have told buyers that a newer amp was coming out and *very* soon too. It's like they tried to make a few extra dollars by concealing this fact, and I would say to their detriment. I think it definitely hurts their reputation, which up to this point had been stellar.
I got over being annoyed over this practice the 1001th time I encountered it tho. In my +4 decades of life I've come to understand "it's just not good business" for a small business owner to either scavenge or delay a current sales with either mention of or promise of an upcoming but yet unannouced product. There's always a possiblity that delay of the sale will result in the immediate customer becoming a potential customer, but then due to the time of the delay going somewhere else for something else so becoming no customer. I used to be pissed too; again, I gave up trying to change the world and just understand now "that's small (and some big) business for ya!".
post #42 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firevortex
well the $199USD listed price is from a distributor in USA...dont think they ship each unit individually from china. also dont forget they're getting wholesale price from mr yang. so yes they're making a killing.
sure...but it is relatively 'low' volume. So much so I don't think it could be my only means of income if I were the distributor. I mean, I know what I and my family need to live on and barely save, and I don't think that volume of amps are going to US customers each and every month.

edit: as quite a conspiracy theory, unless Little Tube is running a slick website for the purpose of impersonating an international shipping service to fool us all -- which is highly doubtful based on the technology of their actual business website -- each amp does ship direct and individually from China.
post #43 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by m8o
edit: as quite a conspiracy theory, unless Little Tube is running a slick website for the purpose of impersonating an international shipping service to fool us all -- which is highly doubtful based on the technology of their actual business website -- each amp does ship direct and individually from China.
OK now , thats just crazy talk. I cant believe you even considered this. I wonder if you have ever done something like this b4.
post #44 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcoheda
I'm in no rush to sell my + as well. The new tubes I received seem to be working much better than the first pair, the amp sounds very good, and at $139 is, I think, a great bargin. If I do sell the +, it will be to upgrade to a more high end tube amp, not the ++.

My only complaint is that I feel the LD people should have told buyers that a newer amp was coming out and *very* soon too. It's like they tried to make a few extra dollars by concealing this fact, and I would say to their detriment. I think it definitely hurts their reputation, which up to this point had been stellar.
As an owner of ld2+, and headamp hobbyist, I would agree that my next amp won't be the ld2++. Many of us bought the ld/ld2/ld2+ based on curiousity from all the hypes, including the ones who just want to try the warm sound of a tube amp. I'm a bit surprise when I see this news, but it does not bother me when I think that it might be just one of the marketing strategies of the ld company.

We, as the consumers, bear the responsibility of a critic. It's our choice to pay for what we want. We are the ones who set the demands.... c'mon.....

I wish that we, as head-fiers, will continue to be truthful in product reviews. I think we're more concious about the sound quality of an amp than its reliability (Who cares? I'll upgrade in 3 months )

My bottom line ? At the price of $200 + $40 shipping, I have quite a few options to try other amps. My bithead sound signature is even warmer than my DIY OTL amp. I even heard that Xin's Supermini is using the same chipset with his latest 4c platforms. Anyone wants to try chip-rolling ? ...and you can bring it with you on a date

Do I sound like a Xin's fanboy? No, I haven't got chance to hear his amps. I just appreciate innovation, and want to build long term relationship with good business people.
post #45 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelayostyle
OK now , thats just crazy talk. I cant believe you even considered this. I wonder if you have ever done something like this b4.
You realize I said this only to describe how crazy an effort it would take to 'simulate' that the amps were coming from China direct. ...no, I never have nor ever would do anything like that.

Yes, I'm a developer; insane ideas go through my head every day all the time. ..it's just me, but it keeps me employed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot II++