Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot II++
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Little Dot II++

post #1 of 307
Thread Starter 
What do you get when you take the proven design of the LDII++ and eliminate its only bane the esoteric and (quite finicky) 4P1S power tubes?

Power Tubes:Sovtek 6C19
This!



post #2 of 307
DUN DUN DUN!




EXCELLENT FIND!
post #3 of 307
Huh, is this their new amp? Never seen Little Dot II ++...
post #4 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichifanlema
Huh, is this their new amp? Never seen Little Dot II ++...

Same question.

Is there any difference between this model and the single + model ?

Also, please share your finding on any significance of using the 6c19.... Good hunting.

BTW, hYdrociTy, are you a member of the Little Dot team ?
post #5 of 307
When did this happen?
Is there a price tag yet?
Is it the same as the LDII+ but with different power tubes?
post #6 of 307
It was posted on the official Little-Tube forums on October 20th.

I've just sold my LDII+, but I feel I should upgrade to something else...
post #7 of 307
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichifanlema
Huh, is this their new amp? Never seen Little Dot II ++...
Well now you have. David told me that all your wallets belong to us in eta one week.
all your wallet= 199USD+shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3x331m
Same question.

Is there any difference between this model and the single + model ?

Also, please share your finding on any significance of using the 6c19.... Good hunting.

BTW, hYdrociTy, are you a member of the Little Dot team ?
The major difference is the use of the more common sovteks, which are actual triode power tubes unlike the 4p1s.

No I am not, but we probably had the same great grandaddy 5000 years go...
post #8 of 307
I have an uneasy feeling when I see a consumer product going through model upgrade so quick, so frequently..... Don't want to pay to be an Early-Field-Trial candidate for any vendor.

I'll save my dough for my portable amp upgrade.
post #9 of 307
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3x331m
Don't want to pay to be an Early-Field-Trial candidate for any vendor.
Damn looks like ill be in the frontline....
post #10 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3x331m
I have an uneasy feeling when I see a consumer product going through model upgrade so quick, so frequently..... Don't want to pay to be an Early-Field-Trial candidate for any vendor.

I'll save my dough for my portable amp upgrade.
That's what i feel about Dr.Xin's amp...
post #11 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by hYdrociTy
No I am not, but we probably had the same great grandaddy 500 years go...
That meant 1/3 of the world population might relate to the Little Dot team, dating back to a few hundred thousand years ago ...
post #12 of 307
I bet they were getting too many complaints about the arcing power tubes. I would be very curious to hear what their reason is for a new amp, so soon after the + came out.

I still love my +, but I find this a bit off.
post #13 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3x331m
I have an uneasy feeling when I see a consumer product going through model upgrade so quick, so frequently..... Don't want to pay to be an Early-Field-Trial candidate for any vendor.

I'll save my dough for my portable amp upgrade.
One of the reasons why you're no fun.
post #14 of 307
I just got an LDII+ from a fellow head-fier, so I'll be sticking with it for a while.

Are the tubes the only difference, or are there other changes within the amp?
post #15 of 307
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROphonez
I just got an LDII+ from a fellow head-fier, so I'll be sticking with it for a while.

Are the tubes the only difference, or are there other changes within the amp?
They painted an extra "+" on the front. and the pins on the amp changed accordingly. Along with all the other stuff inside, but only to accomidate the new sweet tubes..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot II++