or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] - Page 158

post #2356 of 2766

If you can pony up for the 800 its worth it imo, i often carry my drating penicls in my pocket. The one flaw with the 600 is that the tip does not retract. Another option is the rapid pro, which is also very nice.

post #2357 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Well guys, for a Christmas present I am allowed to order a drafting pencil... I'll probably use it at school and stuff and I'm thinking the Rotring 600 .5mm, i know i prefer a .5 g2 to a .7, any opinions?


The Rotring 600 is a great choice! I love all that I have.
The 800 and the Rapid Pro what Scott suggested are also great.
 

I was always afraid that the 800's mechanism, would be a bit loose or wobbly while writing. I don't know if this is the case or not, but that would certainly drive me nuts...

The Rapid Pro is a much smoother pencil overall. Great, but the "original" is THE one! For me at least.
I prefer the sharper, more technical look to the smooth and more elegant Rapid Pro.
As I feel the 600s have better balance too.

 

There are lots of great pencils out there, really!
I had my eyes on the Pilot S20 (wood), Caran d'Ache 844, TWSBI Precision (very similar to the Rotring 600, but with a retractable sleeve also), UNI Kuru Toga.

post #2358 of 2766

I should take a picture of my pen case and have you guys trying to pick up pen models from it. x3

post #2359 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post
 

I should take a picture of my pen case and have you guys trying to pick up pen models from it. x3

XD

post #2360 of 2766
No one here has used a Pentel Graph Gear 1000? It's the best pencil for the price.
And the Staedtler 925-25.
Edited by proton007 - 12/29/13 at 4:27pm
post #2361 of 2766

I don't use pencils enough to really justify getting a nicer mech pencil. Kinda difficult not to grab the 600 0.3 and ballpoint to round of the set though...

post #2362 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

I don't use pencils enough to really justify getting a nicer mech pencil. Kinda difficult not to grab the 600 0.3 and ballpoint to round of the set though...

I use them for marking books. Mechanical pencils are also environment friendly.
post #2363 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post
 

I should take a picture of my pen case and have you guys trying to pick up pen models from it. x3

 

Forget time zones! Do it.... do it now! :evil:

post #2364 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton007 View Post

No one here has used a Pentel Graph Gear 1000? It's the best pencil for the price.
And the Staedtler 925-25.


I haven't tried a Pentel so far, but they seem to be very well priced and good quality pencils.
I have a Staedtler 925-25-20 which is great for the price, but you can really feel the price difference between that and the Rapid Pro.

post #2365 of 2766



Enjoy.
post #2366 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post
 

Nice! The case seems to be great too!
 

Pilot Vanishing Point (easy, but I can't pick out the color :P), but I don't know the two next to the Hi-Tech.
Otho Super Promecha and Promecha. and an eraser maybe?

post #2367 of 2766

Okay, in the centre we have a Lamy with a Black cap. I see a the obvious ones with writing and.... you got me! :biggrin: 

post #2368 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by attika89 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post
 

Nice! The case seems to be great too!
 

Pilot Vanishing Point (easy, but I can't pick out the color :P), but I don't know the two next to the Hi-Tech.
Otho Super Promecha and Promecha. and an eraser maybe?

There is a Mono eraser stick (white clip) along with 2 Promecha, first gen and lastest gen.  PM-1003S and PM1503P.

post #2369 of 2766
post #2370 of 2766

Lot of money flushed away.

 

Doesn't scare me off though. It can happen with any product. I really like the decapod twist.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]