or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] - Page 157

post #2341 of 2766

Metal! 

:popcorn:

post #2342 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

In other news, the rebadged Pilot Falcon comes with the SEF nib option...now I don't know if I should get that or the Metal falcon with the SEF nib. Might spring the extra for the metal...I've already given my resin falcon some scuffing.
The metal one is hefty. Depends on what you like.
post #2343 of 2766

And that's why I love it! Just enough weight to feel alive in the moment... :ksc75smile:

post #2344 of 2766
Weight isn't a big deal to me in a pen. My Rotring 600 is very heavy, but the Falcon is absurdly light. It's all about the balance. The main draw for the metal falcon would be the CON-70. A piston filled falcon would be even better imo....if only.

Edit, stupid auto correct on my phone.
Edited by Tangster - 12/27/13 at 8:29pm
post #2345 of 2766

OHHH, I love my cart!!! :wink: I'm cafeside a lot and extra ink matters without carrying an external bottle.

post #2346 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton007 View Post
 

The FPN is down, in the midst of a change of servers. Its hard to find an alternative forum...well, we have this thread.

 

fpgeeks.com isn't bad. A bit quieter but has the benefits of a smaller membership.

post #2347 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

OHHH, I love my cart!!! wink.gif  I'm cafeside a lot and extra ink matters without carrying an external bottle.

Exactly. Thats what I like about converters. Plug in a cartridge if needed.
However, do not be deceived by the size of the con-70. It holds 1ml of ink, compared to 1.4 ml of the Pelikan M800, which isn't a small pen by any measure.

For those needing a pen full of ink, there's the Custom 823. A mighty 2.2ml ink capacity, enough to last a few notebooks. wink.gif
And the nib is heavenly. I have the B nib, feels like a brush pen.
Edited by proton007 - 12/27/13 at 6:42pm
post #2348 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton007 View Post
 
 

Exactly. Thats what I like about converters. Plug in a cartridge if needed.
However, do not be deceived by the size of the con-70. It holds 1ml of ink, compared to 1.4 ml of the Pelikan M800, which isn't a small pen by any measure.

For those needing a pen full of ink, there's the Custom 823. A mighty 2.2ml ink capacity, enough to last a few notebooks. wink.gif
And the nib is heavenly. I have the B nib, feels like a brush pen.

 

No no! We ain't being deceived by our lovely :wink:Pilot Metal Falcon's capacity. I often check the fluid levels in my car routinely no matter what its capacity and status is. Same for the Falcon... but your pens mentioned sound really really nice. :normal_smile :

post #2349 of 2766
Sadly, the 823 doesn't fit my aesthetic tastes. Bit like the higher end sailor pens, I just don't like the classic cigar with rounded ends.
I passed on a 1911 for rather less than the going price because I would never use it.
Edited by Tangster - 12/27/13 at 8:27pm
post #2350 of 2766
Also, having used actual brush pens at home(my dad enjoys traditional Chinese calligraphy) I'm not sure that's something I will want in a pen given how much more difficult a brush is to control than a nib.

I wasn't even writing difficult letters...just copying out basic characters from my dad's old brush writing book(1940 to 1950 I believe).
post #2351 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Also, having used actual brush pens at home(my dad enjoys traditional Chinese calligraphy) I'm not sure that's something I will want in a pen given how much more difficult a brush is to control than a nib.

I wasn't even writing difficult letters...just copying out basic characters from my dad's old brush writing book(1940 to 1950 I believe).

Relax..I described it like a brush pen because of the soft feel and smooth, wide nib. Its not bendy like a brush.

The cigar shape isn't everyone's taste, but then Pilot makes a few styles.
post #2352 of 2766

I'm not big on cigar silhouettes either... I'm sure they have their place. I'm surprised :wink_face: Santie didn't leave a Metal Falcon behind for the Tangster.


Edited by Silent One - 12/27/13 at 8:48pm
post #2353 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

No no! We ain't being deceived by our lovely wink.gif Pilot Metal Falcon's capacity. I often check the fluid levels in my car routinely no matter what its capacity and status is. Same for the Falcon... but your pens mentioned sound really really nice. normal_smile%20.gif

I really like the 823 because it's a demonstrator, and the filling mechanism cannot be found in any other pen on the market.

The convertors do need checking often, unless the pen itself is transparent.
Edited by proton007 - 12/27/13 at 8:49pm
post #2354 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

I'm not big on cigar silhouettes either... I'm sure they have their place. I'm surprised wink_face.gif  Santie didn't leave a Metal Falcon behind for the Tangster.

The cigar shape started with the Sheaffer Balance.
It's one of the classic designs in pens, along with the flat end design of the Waterman, and the multi faceted design of the Eversharp Doric.
I may be wrong, but tapered ends tend to be easier to slide into pockets. Back when people used to carry them in pockets.
Edited by proton007 - 12/27/13 at 9:02pm
post #2355 of 2766
Well guys, for a Christmas present I am allowed to order a drafting pencil... I'll probably use it at school and stuff and I'm thinking the Rotring 600 .5mm, i know i prefer a .5 g2 to a .7, any opinions?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]