Anyone happen to know that Koss UR-40 driver size? need to know for a possible project.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does anywhere still sell Sennheiser HD590 drivers? Last post on 11/10/11 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy? Last post on 10/9/11 at 11:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Westone for providing me with review sample in exchange for my honest opinion....
An early welcome greeted me when I arrived in Los Angeles for the 2015 CanJam SoCal meet: A new pair of MrSpeakers headphones. Dan Clark, having spent many years modifying the inexpensive...
This will be more of my impressions/comparisons and less of a review. I will be comparing them to the HD800 & K712 Pro ran over USB to the Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp (HD800 - Low Gain, K12 - Low Gain,...
This review is based in my experience of almost 6 months with them, running 24/96 Flacs > Foobar2K > Wasapi > Asus Realtek ALC1150 + 4580 Op-amp > HD668B I decided to reboot my interest in audio...
It is surprising that no one else has posted a review, maybe all are enjoying it too much to bother. I've been holding back from writing a review because it is important to live with a mobile...
The Headphone Driver Pics Thread - Page 14post #196 of 3648/28/11 at 12:30am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #197 of 3648/28/11 at 12:42ampost #198 of 3648/28/11 at 3:32pm
Driver for my favorite headphone, the Koss Pro DJ100 (this is a dead one I blew up on accident)
No, it's not a KSC75 driver Has a ton of similarities to the SR-80 driver except it has only has one vent hole and a hole in the middle of the driver.
The DJ100 driver can fit into the SR-80 shell and vice versa. I haven't tried it though.
Has anyone seen this driver elsewhere? I keep hoping to find a DJ100 clone, but I don't think one exists.post #199 of 3648/28/11 at 9:27pmpost #200 of 3648/28/11 at 10:27pmpost #201 of 3648/29/11 at 9:53ampost #202 of 3648/29/11 at 8:24pmpost #203 of 3648/29/11 at 9:13pm
An in progress project of mine...
ortho SFI 120ohm driver, mounted into the ring gimbal...
of an AKG K240 Sextettpost #204 of 3649/6/11 at 9:51ampost #205 of 3649/7/11 at 6:08pm
more Grados and Alessandro
A very old MS1 driver (middle 90s) that recently died on me, and a new SR80i driver, ignore the solder plasters, these have been into several projects, also ignore all the dust and dirt in the MS1, it hasnt been taken out of the shell in over 4 years and I have no idea how did all that dirt got into the front of the driver:post #206 of 3649/7/11 at 6:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger
more Grados and Alessandro
A very old MS1 driver (middle 90s) that recently died on me, and a new SR80i driver, ignore the solder plasters, these have been into several projects, also ignore all the dust and dirt in the MS1, it hasnt been taken out of the shell in over 4 years and I have no idea how did all that dirt got into the front of the driver:
Won't the two drivers sound different now? Or did you get two new drivers?post #207 of 3649/7/11 at 6:40pmpost #208 of 3649/17/11 at 2:11pm
A little update on the first AKG Varimotion driver headphones from the mid 1990s with thicker/stiffer dome for better break-up behaviour.
K301 driver drawing:
K301 driver foam filter:
K301 driver (with plastic acoustic filter cover):
K501 driver:post #209 of 36410/28/11 at 9:57pm
I bought these beyerdynamc DT-990's in a thrift store for 25 euros they were all beat up. Fixed the ear padding and the broken yoke and voila my first serious headphones.
When i opened them up to look at the drivers they where both different anyone know why ?post #210 of 36410/28/11 at 10:40pm
Vintage Superex Clear the big black circle is the speaker as far as I can tell up close
Sansui SS-20 2 way
MCS 8710 LinearDrive ortho
Stax SR-50 closed electret
Edited by nick n - 10/28/11 at 11:46pm
- The Headphone Driver Pics Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Apple Music... Seriously? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 3 minutes ago
- › TEAC HA-501 Headphone Amp 3 minutes ago
- › Looking For Some New Headphones $300-$500 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 6 minutes ago
- › Apple iPod Video Gen.5.5 80GB White - Best Quality Audio - FREE... 8 minutes ago
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo... by audionut44
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by RedTwilight
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by AvidlyEclectic
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)