Anyone happen to know that Koss UR-40 driver size? need to know for a possible project.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does anywhere still sell Sennheiser HD590 drivers? Last post on 11/10/11 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy? Last post on 10/9/11 at 11:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
The Headphone Driver Pics Thread - Page 14post #196 of 3478/28/11 at 12:30am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #197 of 3478/28/11 at 12:42ampost #198 of 3478/28/11 at 3:32pm
Driver for my favorite headphone, the Koss Pro DJ100 (this is a dead one I blew up on accident)
No, it's not a KSC75 driver Has a ton of similarities to the SR-80 driver except it has only has one vent hole and a hole in the middle of the driver.
The DJ100 driver can fit into the SR-80 shell and vice versa. I haven't tried it though.
Has anyone seen this driver elsewhere? I keep hoping to find a DJ100 clone, but I don't think one exists.post #199 of 3478/28/11 at 9:27pmpost #200 of 3478/28/11 at 10:27pmpost #201 of 3478/29/11 at 9:53ampost #202 of 3478/29/11 at 8:24pmpost #203 of 3478/29/11 at 9:13pm
An in progress project of mine...
ortho SFI 120ohm driver, mounted into the ring gimbal...
of an AKG K240 Sextettpost #204 of 3479/6/11 at 9:51ampost #205 of 3479/7/11 at 6:08pm
more Grados and Alessandro
A very old MS1 driver (middle 90s) that recently died on me, and a new SR80i driver, ignore the solder plasters, these have been into several projects, also ignore all the dust and dirt in the MS1, it hasnt been taken out of the shell in over 4 years and I have no idea how did all that dirt got into the front of the driver:post #206 of 3479/7/11 at 6:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger
more Grados and Alessandro
A very old MS1 driver (middle 90s) that recently died on me, and a new SR80i driver, ignore the solder plasters, these have been into several projects, also ignore all the dust and dirt in the MS1, it hasnt been taken out of the shell in over 4 years and I have no idea how did all that dirt got into the front of the driver:
Won't the two drivers sound different now? Or did you get two new drivers?post #207 of 3479/7/11 at 6:40pmpost #208 of 3479/17/11 at 2:11pm
A little update on the first AKG Varimotion driver headphones from the mid 1990s with thicker/stiffer dome for better break-up behaviour.
K301 driver drawing:
K301 driver foam filter:
K301 driver (with plastic acoustic filter cover):
K501 driver:post #209 of 34710/28/11 at 9:57pm
I bought these beyerdynamc DT-990's in a thrift store for 25 euros they were all beat up. Fixed the ear padding and the broken yoke and voila my first serious headphones.
When i opened them up to look at the drivers they where both different anyone know why ?post #210 of 34710/28/11 at 10:40pm
Vintage Superex Clear the big black circle is the speaker as far as I can tell up close
Sansui SS-20 2 way
MCS 8710 LinearDrive ortho
Stax SR-50 closed electret
Edited by nick n - 10/28/11 at 11:46pm
- The Headphone Driver Pics Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The world of car accidents 49 seconds ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 59 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 mods 2 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 3 minutes ago
- › ACS Encore Studio 4 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost, Uber Analog and USB Gen 2 Input 5 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2