Anyone happen to know that Koss UR-40 driver size? need to know for a possible project.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does anywhere still sell Sennheiser HD590 drivers? Last post on 11/10/11 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy? Last post on 10/9/11 at 11:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i owned headphones/earphones...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
The Headphone Driver Pics Thread - Page 14post #196 of 3148/28/11 at 12:30am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 3148/28/11 at 12:42ampost #198 of 3148/28/11 at 3:32pm
Driver for my favorite headphone, the Koss Pro DJ100 (this is a dead one I blew up on accident)
No, it's not a KSC75 driver Has a ton of similarities to the SR-80 driver except it has only has one vent hole and a hole in the middle of the driver.
The DJ100 driver can fit into the SR-80 shell and vice versa. I haven't tried it though.
Has anyone seen this driver elsewhere? I keep hoping to find a DJ100 clone, but I don't think one exists.post #199 of 3148/28/11 at 9:27pmpost #200 of 3148/28/11 at 10:27pmpost #201 of 3148/29/11 at 9:53ampost #202 of 3148/29/11 at 8:24pmpost #203 of 3148/29/11 at 9:13pm
An in progress project of mine...
ortho SFI 120ohm driver, mounted into the ring gimbal...
of an AKG K240 Sextettpost #204 of 3149/6/11 at 9:51ampost #205 of 3149/7/11 at 6:08pm
more Grados and Alessandro
A very old MS1 driver (middle 90s) that recently died on me, and a new SR80i driver, ignore the solder plasters, these have been into several projects, also ignore all the dust and dirt in the MS1, it hasnt been taken out of the shell in over 4 years and I have no idea how did all that dirt got into the front of the driver:post #206 of 3149/7/11 at 6:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger
more Grados and Alessandro
A very old MS1 driver (middle 90s) that recently died on me, and a new SR80i driver, ignore the solder plasters, these have been into several projects, also ignore all the dust and dirt in the MS1, it hasnt been taken out of the shell in over 4 years and I have no idea how did all that dirt got into the front of the driver:
Won't the two drivers sound different now? Or did you get two new drivers?post #207 of 3149/7/11 at 6:40pmpost #208 of 3149/17/11 at 2:11pm
A little update on the first AKG Varimotion driver headphones from the mid 1990s with thicker/stiffer dome for better break-up behaviour.
K301 driver drawing:
K301 driver foam filter:
K301 driver (with plastic acoustic filter cover):
K501 driver:post #209 of 31410/28/11 at 9:57pm
I bought these beyerdynamc DT-990's in a thrift store for 25 euros they were all beat up. Fixed the ear padding and the broken yoke and voila my first serious headphones.
When i opened them up to look at the drivers they where both different anyone know why ?post #210 of 31410/28/11 at 10:40pm
Vintage Superex Clear the big black circle is the speaker as far as I can tell up close
Sansui SS-20 2 way
MCS 8710 LinearDrive ortho
Stax SR-50 closed electret
Edited by nick n - 10/28/11 at 11:46pm
- The Headphone Driver Pics Thread
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › "Colouration" of a DAP's sound - How does it work? 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › FS/FT: DT880 250 ohm Reacabled 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › What is the special sauce behind the Chord Hugo? 7 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by MalVeauX
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)