Anyone happen to know that Koss UR-40 driver size? need to know for a possible project.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does anywhere still sell Sennheiser HD590 drivers? Last post on 11/10/11 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy? Last post on 10/9/11 at 11:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
The Headphone Driver Pics Thread - Page 14post #196 of 3308/28/11 at 12:30am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #197 of 3308/28/11 at 12:42ampost #198 of 3308/28/11 at 3:32pm
Driver for my favorite headphone, the Koss Pro DJ100 (this is a dead one I blew up on accident)
No, it's not a KSC75 driver Has a ton of similarities to the SR-80 driver except it has only has one vent hole and a hole in the middle of the driver.
The DJ100 driver can fit into the SR-80 shell and vice versa. I haven't tried it though.
Has anyone seen this driver elsewhere? I keep hoping to find a DJ100 clone, but I don't think one exists.post #199 of 3308/28/11 at 9:27pmpost #200 of 3308/28/11 at 10:27pmpost #201 of 3308/29/11 at 9:53ampost #202 of 3308/29/11 at 8:24pmpost #203 of 3308/29/11 at 9:13pm
An in progress project of mine...
ortho SFI 120ohm driver, mounted into the ring gimbal...
of an AKG K240 Sextettpost #204 of 3309/6/11 at 9:51ampost #205 of 3309/7/11 at 6:08pm
more Grados and Alessandro
A very old MS1 driver (middle 90s) that recently died on me, and a new SR80i driver, ignore the solder plasters, these have been into several projects, also ignore all the dust and dirt in the MS1, it hasnt been taken out of the shell in over 4 years and I have no idea how did all that dirt got into the front of the driver:post #206 of 3309/7/11 at 6:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger
more Grados and Alessandro
A very old MS1 driver (middle 90s) that recently died on me, and a new SR80i driver, ignore the solder plasters, these have been into several projects, also ignore all the dust and dirt in the MS1, it hasnt been taken out of the shell in over 4 years and I have no idea how did all that dirt got into the front of the driver:
Won't the two drivers sound different now? Or did you get two new drivers?post #207 of 3309/7/11 at 6:40pmpost #208 of 3309/17/11 at 2:11pm
A little update on the first AKG Varimotion driver headphones from the mid 1990s with thicker/stiffer dome for better break-up behaviour.
K301 driver drawing:
K301 driver foam filter:
K301 driver (with plastic acoustic filter cover):
K501 driver:post #209 of 33010/28/11 at 9:57pm
I bought these beyerdynamc DT-990's in a thrift store for 25 euros they were all beat up. Fixed the ear padding and the broken yoke and voila my first serious headphones.
When i opened them up to look at the drivers they where both different anyone know why ?post #210 of 33010/28/11 at 10:40pm
Vintage Superex Clear the big black circle is the speaker as far as I can tell up close
Sansui SS-20 2 way
MCS 8710 LinearDrive ortho
Stax SR-50 closed electret
Edited by nick n - 10/28/11 at 11:46pm
- The Headphone Driver Pics Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These... 55 seconds ago
- › Looking for a dac and amp or DAC/AMP combo to run both headphones... 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 minute ago
- › Best Sound quality ()mids & highs) of any White/Gold IEM/bud/etc 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3