Anyone happen to know that Koss UR-40 driver size? need to know for a possible project.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does anywhere still sell Sennheiser HD590 drivers? Last post on 11/10/11 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy? Last post on 10/9/11 at 11:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
The Headphone Driver Pics Thread - Page 14post #196 of 3148/28/11 at 12:30am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 3148/28/11 at 12:42ampost #198 of 3148/28/11 at 3:32pm
Driver for my favorite headphone, the Koss Pro DJ100 (this is a dead one I blew up on accident)
No, it's not a KSC75 driver Has a ton of similarities to the SR-80 driver except it has only has one vent hole and a hole in the middle of the driver.
The DJ100 driver can fit into the SR-80 shell and vice versa. I haven't tried it though.
Has anyone seen this driver elsewhere? I keep hoping to find a DJ100 clone, but I don't think one exists.post #199 of 3148/28/11 at 9:27pmpost #200 of 3148/28/11 at 10:27pmpost #201 of 3148/29/11 at 9:53ampost #202 of 3148/29/11 at 8:24pmpost #203 of 3148/29/11 at 9:13pm
An in progress project of mine...
ortho SFI 120ohm driver, mounted into the ring gimbal...
of an AKG K240 Sextettpost #204 of 3149/6/11 at 9:51ampost #205 of 3149/7/11 at 6:08pm
more Grados and Alessandro
A very old MS1 driver (middle 90s) that recently died on me, and a new SR80i driver, ignore the solder plasters, these have been into several projects, also ignore all the dust and dirt in the MS1, it hasnt been taken out of the shell in over 4 years and I have no idea how did all that dirt got into the front of the driver:post #206 of 3149/7/11 at 6:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger
more Grados and Alessandro
A very old MS1 driver (middle 90s) that recently died on me, and a new SR80i driver, ignore the solder plasters, these have been into several projects, also ignore all the dust and dirt in the MS1, it hasnt been taken out of the shell in over 4 years and I have no idea how did all that dirt got into the front of the driver:
Won't the two drivers sound different now? Or did you get two new drivers?post #207 of 3149/7/11 at 6:40pmpost #208 of 3149/17/11 at 2:11pm
A little update on the first AKG Varimotion driver headphones from the mid 1990s with thicker/stiffer dome for better break-up behaviour.
K301 driver drawing:
K301 driver foam filter:
K301 driver (with plastic acoustic filter cover):
K501 driver:post #209 of 31410/28/11 at 9:57pm
I bought these beyerdynamc DT-990's in a thrift store for 25 euros they were all beat up. Fixed the ear padding and the broken yoke and voila my first serious headphones.
When i opened them up to look at the drivers they where both different anyone know why ?post #210 of 31410/28/11 at 10:40pm
Vintage Superex Clear the big black circle is the speaker as far as I can tell up close
Sansui SS-20 2 way
MCS 8710 LinearDrive ortho
Stax SR-50 closed electret
Edited by nick n - 10/28/11 at 11:46pm
- The Headphone Driver Pics Thread
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › HD 280 vs. ATH M50 48 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 3 minutes ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 3 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 (& Plus) & iOS 8 Sound Quality Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › How can I prevent my cords from getting destroyed by my office chair? 4 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 4 minutes ago
- › Audio player + Headphones under 250$ 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 4 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones Under 1000K 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)