- 2,966 Posts. Joined 1/2008
- Location: In Your Head
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does anywhere still sell Sennheiser HD590 drivers? Last post on 11/10/11 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy? Last post on 10/9/11 at 11:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
I am an amateur recording engineer that mainly uses a laptop pc on location with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The bus power is no doubt as noisy as a baby with a full diaper that's up way past...
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
The Headphone Driver Pics Thread - Page 8post #106 of 3655/24/09 at 4:06pmAn 55 mm orthodynamic driver:
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #107 of 3655/26/09 at 11:13ampost #108 of 3655/31/09 at 1:21pmpost #109 of 3651/5/10 at 3:23ampost #110 of 3651/5/10 at 6:23ampost #111 of 3651/6/10 at 7:21ampost #112 of 3651/6/10 at 12:28pmIt resembles to a Magnifying glass hehe, nice!...
post #113 of 3652/20/10 at 3:38ampost #114 of 36510/20/10 at 12:01pm
This excellent thread deserves wider attention and more contributions. Let me add a rarity: the original 40 mm Sony V7 sapphire evaporated diaphragm, modified with some damping felt:
Note that the sapphire surface of the membrane looks like titanium drivers.
Edited by MDR30 - 10/6/11 at 2:24pmpost #115 of 36510/20/10 at 9:33pmpost #116 of 36510/21/10 at 4:05am
Sennheiser HD590 driver. This often criticised but underrated 1999 headphone, that also had many admirerers though, seemed to be a typical love/hate object. It's not much talked about these days. I think many listeners expected a model to bridge the (admittedly very small) gap between the HD580 (1994) and HD600 (1996) but found something else.
The unusual thing with this driver is the ventilation (and the aluminium voice coil). If you look at the edge of the dome you can se several slits that allow air movement through the diaphragm. I haven't seen this construction anywhere else, except in developed form in the HD800 where the centre part of the dome is completely removed.
Promo copy from Sennheiser:
"SENNHEISER HD590 Prestige Headphones. Top of the range high definition open-back hi-fi stereo headphones. Exceptionally natural, spatial and accurate sound. Large-surface Duofoil diaphragm eliminates standing waves in the capsule. Extremely lightweight 18mm aluminium voice coils ensure highest transient response with excellent linearity, suitable for quality monitoring. Mew sintered damping element for controlling diaphragm oscillation. Computer-optimised neodymium ferrous magnet system minimises harmonic distortion. Single-sided, detachable connecting cable made from kevlar-reinforced OFC copper. Very comfortable to wear due to BioNetic design."
Edited by MDR30 - 10/21/10 at 5:54ampost #117 of 36510/28/10 at 9:37ampost #118 of 36510/31/10 at 2:35pm
HD800 driver coming from the HD590? Wow. A bit of an exaggeration if you ask me, mdr30. But to follow that track - look at the HD565 driver 5-6 posts above. To me it seems to have those ventilation slits as well. And how about the HD580-600-650, anyone got closeups of those?
Cheerspost #119 of 3651/1/11 at 7:09am
- The Headphone Driver Pics Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › if WAV & ALAC are both lossless why does WAV sound better on ipod? 13 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › LG G4 as a portable source (2015 model not G3)? 8 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 10 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Macaw GT100S IEMs by... 11 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 14 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 15 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)