- 2,982 Posts. Joined 1/2008
- Location: In Your Head
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does anywhere still sell Sennheiser HD590 drivers? Last post on 11/10/11 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy? Last post on 10/9/11 at 11:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
I've been into vinyl previously but in the mid-90's, sold my high end VPI table and never looked back. I ended up recently with a bunch of new records and nothing to play them on, and decided to...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
Campfire Audio Andromeda: Crown jewel of the Campfire fleet Introduction First, a disclaimer: I purchased the Andromeda ($1099USD) with my own money after doing my own research and thus...
Bluedio kindly sent me their 8-driver UFO bluetooth headphones in red for review - and boy I’m glad they did. Packaging Like all of their higher priced bluetooth models, the UFO’s come...
The Headphone Driver Pics Thread - Page 8post #106 of 4475/24/09 at 4:06pmAn 55 mm orthodynamic driver:
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #107 of 4475/26/09 at 11:13ampost #108 of 4475/31/09 at 1:21pmpost #109 of 4471/5/10 at 3:23ampost #110 of 4471/5/10 at 6:23ampost #111 of 4471/6/10 at 7:21ampost #112 of 4471/6/10 at 12:28pmIt resembles to a Magnifying glass hehe, nice!...
post #113 of 4472/20/10 at 3:38ampost #114 of 44710/20/10 at 12:01pm
This excellent thread deserves wider attention and more contributions. Let me add a rarity: the original 40 mm Sony V7 sapphire evaporated diaphragm, modified with some damping felt:
Note that the sapphire surface of the membrane looks like titanium drivers.
Edited by MDR30 - 10/6/11 at 2:24pmpost #115 of 44710/20/10 at 9:33pmpost #116 of 44710/21/10 at 4:05am
Sennheiser HD590 driver. This often criticised but underrated 1999 headphone, that also had many admirerers though, seemed to be a typical love/hate object. It's not much talked about these days. I think many listeners expected a model to bridge the (admittedly very small) gap between the HD580 (1994) and HD600 (1996) but found something else.
The unusual thing with this driver is the ventilation (and the aluminium voice coil). If you look at the edge of the dome you can se several slits that allow air movement through the diaphragm. I haven't seen this construction anywhere else, except in developed form in the HD800 where the centre part of the dome is completely removed.
Promo copy from Sennheiser:
"SENNHEISER HD590 Prestige Headphones. Top of the range high definition open-back hi-fi stereo headphones. Exceptionally natural, spatial and accurate sound. Large-surface Duofoil diaphragm eliminates standing waves in the capsule. Extremely lightweight 18mm aluminium voice coils ensure highest transient response with excellent linearity, suitable for quality monitoring. Mew sintered damping element for controlling diaphragm oscillation. Computer-optimised neodymium ferrous magnet system minimises harmonic distortion. Single-sided, detachable connecting cable made from kevlar-reinforced OFC copper. Very comfortable to wear due to BioNetic design."
Edited by MDR30 - 10/21/10 at 5:54ampost #117 of 44710/28/10 at 9:37ampost #118 of 44710/31/10 at 2:35pm
HD800 driver coming from the HD590? Wow. A bit of an exaggeration if you ask me, mdr30. But to follow that track - look at the HD565 driver 5-6 posts above. To me it seems to have those ventilation slits as well. And how about the HD580-600-650, anyone got closeups of those?
Cheerspost #119 of 4471/1/11 at 7:09am
- The Headphone Driver Pics Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Cowon Plenue D 31 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 33 seconds ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio – FLARES® – (R2.x successor) KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN 3 minutes ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for a full Amp+DAC for X2's and portable Amp+DAC for FA-003TI 6 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 6 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 8 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 9 minutes ago
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...