- 2,982 Posts. Joined 1/2008
- Location: In Your Head
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does anywhere still sell Sennheiser HD590 drivers? Last post on 11/10/11 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy? Last post on 10/9/11 at 11:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
The Headphone Driver Pics Thread - Page 8post #106 of 4475/24/09 at 4:06pmAn 55 mm orthodynamic driver:
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #107 of 4475/26/09 at 11:13ampost #108 of 4475/31/09 at 1:21pmpost #109 of 4471/5/10 at 3:23ampost #110 of 4471/5/10 at 6:23ampost #111 of 4471/6/10 at 7:21ampost #112 of 4471/6/10 at 12:28pmIt resembles to a Magnifying glass hehe, nice!...
post #113 of 4472/20/10 at 3:38ampost #114 of 44710/20/10 at 12:01pm
This excellent thread deserves wider attention and more contributions. Let me add a rarity: the original 40 mm Sony V7 sapphire evaporated diaphragm, modified with some damping felt:
Note that the sapphire surface of the membrane looks like titanium drivers.
Edited by MDR30 - 10/6/11 at 2:24pmpost #115 of 44710/20/10 at 9:33pmpost #116 of 44710/21/10 at 4:05am
Sennheiser HD590 driver. This often criticised but underrated 1999 headphone, that also had many admirerers though, seemed to be a typical love/hate object. It's not much talked about these days. I think many listeners expected a model to bridge the (admittedly very small) gap between the HD580 (1994) and HD600 (1996) but found something else.
The unusual thing with this driver is the ventilation (and the aluminium voice coil). If you look at the edge of the dome you can se several slits that allow air movement through the diaphragm. I haven't seen this construction anywhere else, except in developed form in the HD800 where the centre part of the dome is completely removed.
Promo copy from Sennheiser:
"SENNHEISER HD590 Prestige Headphones. Top of the range high definition open-back hi-fi stereo headphones. Exceptionally natural, spatial and accurate sound. Large-surface Duofoil diaphragm eliminates standing waves in the capsule. Extremely lightweight 18mm aluminium voice coils ensure highest transient response with excellent linearity, suitable for quality monitoring. Mew sintered damping element for controlling diaphragm oscillation. Computer-optimised neodymium ferrous magnet system minimises harmonic distortion. Single-sided, detachable connecting cable made from kevlar-reinforced OFC copper. Very comfortable to wear due to BioNetic design."
Edited by MDR30 - 10/21/10 at 5:54ampost #117 of 44710/28/10 at 9:37ampost #118 of 44710/31/10 at 2:35pm
HD800 driver coming from the HD590? Wow. A bit of an exaggeration if you ask me, mdr30. But to follow that track - look at the HD565 driver 5-6 posts above. To me it seems to have those ventilation slits as well. And how about the HD580-600-650, anyone got closeups of those?
Cheerspost #119 of 4471/1/11 at 7:09am
- The Headphone Driver Pics Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Crow Audio Signature Edition Review 7 seconds ago
- › Headphones for bass player 1 minute ago
- › Audio technica M series. Which one to buy? 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 4 minutes ago
- › Upgrade over HD555 – something else/need change 5 minutes ago
- › Has anyone tested the Beoplay h5 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze ldc-3 Fazor, Audeze Deckard amp/dac. Price Drop!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...